Best Posts: Recovery vs Ye

1. asvdawg

Jun 3, 2018
    Spacebound and GTC >>> anything on Ye so I choose Recovery

Mikey, Holy Water, Zerone and 3 others like this.
    Mikey, Holy Water, Zerone and 3 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jun 3, 2018
    lmfao kanye is so trash now hes getting compared to eminem :lmaooo:

Apr 20, 2024
  3. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Jun 3, 2018
    This.

Ye might be the most forgettable album of all-time. Not very good. Not horrible. But painfully average and completely forgettable. I can't ever see myself revisiting this.

Edit- If I'm not being objective and I'm judging the music by Kanye's past work Ye is f---ing terrible.

Holy Water, asvdawg, KingZ and 2 others like this.
    Holy Water, asvdawg, KingZ and 2 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jun 3, 2018
    yeah pretty sure i am, i am from the ghetto and my taste is pretty specific. pretty much all the "hot s---" critically acclaimed or most discussed albums here are ones i think are s--- boring. Ye/recovery included. i'd say autistic musical taste is probs a good way to describe it cause whenever i hear an album thats getting praised here i just pause it about halfway through and start playing Kevein Gates. every time without fail.

Apr 20, 2024
  5. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Jun 3, 2018
    One is a mediocre piece of s--- with no real passion(bar a couple verses) or musical experimentation whatsoever. The songs are all littered with the same s-----y formula, and the production is VERY dated. Not to mention the awful lyrics.

The other, though not as musically appeasing as Kanye’s previous work,is still an authentic piece of work, flowing with creativity added by his favourite musical peers. Every little sound has no doubt been carefully calculated. Again you could make a case for certain sub-par lyrics, but musically, “Ye” is a MUCH better album than Recovery.

Apr 20, 2024
  6. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Jun 3, 2018
    Smh of course this forum would vote Recovery

Apr 20, 2024
  7. Mraczewsky

Mraczewsky r.i.p. mac

Jun 4, 2018
    Ye is better than every Eminem album ever

Apr 20, 2024
  8. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jun 3, 2018
    to clarify kanye's slavery comments, i think it's a take on the victim complex/mentality and i fully agree that s--- needs to go. A university conducted a heap of experiments to test peoples motivations and s---. one of the tests for example was putting dogs in square containment areas with a fence small enough for them to climb over and escape. one day they turned all the electricity in the fences on so the dogs would get a shock if they tried to escape for the first week whenever a dog tried to escape it got shocked and would stop, after a week and while the dogs were sleeping they turned the electricity off. they basically had to stop the experiment because all the dogs never tried to escape after being shocked a couple of times. that and a couple other experiments they did made them deduce that it's easier for someone mentally to revert and sit on a victim complex or feel helpless, rather than try and change things.

asvdawg, KingZ, Sahara and 1 other person like this.
    asvdawg, KingZ, Sahara and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. lil uzi vert stan

Jun 3, 2018
    We can rehash Eminem’s greatest public failings: the triumph fight, fack, the “duck walk” (he was a recovering addict who had broken his back lol but ok)

He has never done anything nearly awful and shameful as calling slavery a choice, babbling about Donald trumps “dragon energy”.

Apr 20, 2024
  10. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Jun 3, 2018
    Ye isn't his best work by any means but anyone voting Recovery needs new ears

Apr 20, 2024
  11. lil uzi vert stan

Jun 3, 2018
    Everyone should read my original posts for my take. @Michael Myers could quote or link in ur op?

Here’s the gist: Kanye is fraying, it’s obvious. It’s slightly reminiscent of when em was publicly embarrassing himself (both previous innovators known for airing their personal issues in their work, fueled by immense ego...and drugs). Kanye’s run lasted longer granted ..... but this album, and his public meltdown has rly only been seen by the likes of eminem lol. Hence the comparison.

Apr 20, 2024
  12. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jun 4, 2018
    Fr Graduation is underrated AF

Apr 20, 2024
  13. Lonny Breaux

Lonny Breaux I think my nuts look better on her face

Jun 4, 2018
    [​IMG]

Boos, Mraczewsky and Michael Myers like this.
    Boos, Mraczewsky and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Jun 4, 2018
    Recovery has both better and worse songs than any song of ye, so it depends on how you rank albums really

Apr 20, 2024
  15. DontKnow

Jun 3, 2018
    Recovery is solid yet, but not perfect, still an awesome album. 8.5/10

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Sahara

Jun 3, 2018
    He didn't mean slavery was a choice back then.

"Of course I know that slaves did not get shackled and put on a boat by free will. My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved. We can’t be mentally imprisoned for another 400 years. We need free thought now. Even the statement was an example of free thought. It was just an idea."

He's already clarified that when people were physically enslaved it wasn't a choice. He just wants people to be more of a free spirit and less controlled/mentally enslaved. He wants people to not see themselves as victims as much.

Similar idea to what this Kendrick line expresses...

While you mothafuckas waiting, I be off the slave ship
    Building pyramids, writing my own hieroglyphs

When it's put like this... is it such a bad/insensitive thing? Because I'm pretty sure that's what he was trying to express. It's rooted in empowerment of one's self. He has good intentions.

asvdawg, KingZ and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    asvdawg, KingZ and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jun 3, 2018
    About even to be completely honest which puts things into perspective

I would've never thought of this

KingZ, Cyreides and Michael Myers like this.
    KingZ, Cyreides and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  18. rapmusik

Jun 3, 2018
    As time passes I'll probably land on Ye, but right now, Recovery.

Ye lacks direction and it feels like it could be Kanye's worst project to date. It feels very bland and unfinished, give or take one or two songs. It feels rushed, lazy, and uninspired in pretty much all aspects. I love "I Thought About Killing You," but there's gaps in the song where he could be rapping something but it's just blank. The songs feel like snippets honestly... like a sample disc to get someone into the finished product. Each song just kinda ends.

Recovery at times is rough on the ears, but the direction of the album is clear from the get go. As messy as some of the mixing is, the songs themselves feel complete.

I feel like a better comparison would be Revival and Ye. Reason being that Em and Kanye are both known for making each album sound different from the last, but both Ye and Revival sound like an attempt at meshing previous sounds together. If it were between those two I'd probably pick Ye.

KWO, Cyreides and Michael Myers like this.
    KWO, Cyreides and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 20, 2024