Started by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jun 25, 2018, in Drake Add to Reading List

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jun 25, 2018

we never gettin anything like this again smh

Apr 19, 2024
  2. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 25, 2018
    Listened to NWTS front to back last night and it's definitely his masterpiece. Hope whatever we get Thursday night can be talked about in the same space as this.

Ordinary Joel, asvdawg, Immy and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, asvdawg, Immy and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Jakepaulerforlifelogang

Jun 25, 2018
    Lidtened to his discog front to back last week and this dude really has one good album. Take care aged like s--- same with iyrtitl views and more life

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Lonny Breaux

Lonny Breaux I think my nuts look better on her face

Jun 25, 2018
    Lol

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Gimp

Jun 25, 2018
    There's people who thought more life was aoty

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. common lisp

Jun 25, 2018
    drake for me is someone who makes great individual songs, his albums exist so that I could pluck 5-6 songs from them on my private playlists and delete the rest. I like most of the songs on Views, but I find no reason to listen to them together front to back. I've accepted that this is the type of artist he is, and I don't mind it.

Evad and asvdawg like this.
    Evad and asvdawg like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jun 25, 2018
    i used to be an optimist and was often disappointed. now i assume everythings going to be s--- until i experience it and actually enjoy it. now there's never disappointment, just pleasant surprises :)

Apr 19, 2024
  8. Graham

Jun 25, 2018
    Been playing NWTS like crazy lately

Never realized I had this James Blake remix version on my phone for years. Real one is so much better :mjcry:

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. Xdx

Xdx

Jun 25, 2018
    This is getting ridiculous. When the Duppy freestyle dropped everyone was calling Drake the GOAT. Now that Pusha responded everyone is saying Drake is washed up. Honestly, it's getting to a point where people are just hating on Drake for no reason. Pusha had the better track but Duppy is still one of the best diss tracks ever. Drake is also one of the greatest artists to have ever lived, and one of the greatest rappers as well. People seem to forget that Drake can spit just as well as he could back in 09. Stop bandwagoning and respect artists for who they are. The only reason Drake didn't respond is because he knew Pusha would hit back, and then he would hit, and then Pusha would hit, etc. Eventually you would have this never ending cycle of diss tracks that would take time away from making actual music. It's better to just leave it alone and move on. The fact that people are saying he's washed up because of that makes no sense.

Apr 19, 2024
  10. Sons of The Silent Age

Jun 25, 2018
    um duppy is def not one of the best diss tracks ever. and lmao, drake is not really a great rapper, he just makes enjoyable music occasionally

Apr 19, 2024
  11. KrissGRam

KrissGRam Black Ram Aries

Jun 26, 2018
    Never felt like Drake was washed up or anything it’s these sad pathetic excuse of haters that are despicable on here or everywhere else all over playing themselves cause they know Drake bout to drop a lit fire album and that’s that so let ‘em feel sorry

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Xdx

Xdx

Jun 27, 2018
    Well, obviously it’s not top 10 but it’s definitely top 50. A top 50 rapper would be considered one of the greatest rappers of all time, so a top 50 diss track is one of the greatest disses of all time. And no, Drake does not “occasionally” make good music. Let’s not forget about So Far Gone, Take Care, Nothing Was The Same, and If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late. I consider More Life to be a good album. Same with Thank Me Later. Views is mediocre IMO. That’s 4 fantastic albums (with Take Care and So Far Gone being classics), 2 good albums, and 1 mediocre album. That’s an incredible track record so far.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. Sons of The Silent Age

Jun 27, 2018
    yah i j thought more life was bad too so that ended up informing my opinion. I also always think of drake less as a rapper and more as a pop artist or something,like I enjoy his music but don't necessarily think his flow or his lyrics are that amazing. and its especially hard to respect him as a rapper w all the ghostwriting stuff undermining his credibility as author of his lyrics. i mean thats the only thing a rapper is supposed to do, write his own lyrics, he doesnt produce his music so theres no leeway. for me what makes drake good is more the music he raps on and how he compliments it which is more credit to his producers than him, so i j look at him as a good and enjoyable musician but not rapper.

for me drake's projects are wayy too long. i say occasional because he seems to not know what good material is anymore, after IFYRTITL (the past three years) he's been very hit and miss, views' and more life's good moments seeming more incidental than deliberate, same with his past few singles of which i thought god's plan and i'm upset were trash. i like drake but i can't help but view him as kinda lame, like he's trying to be cool but everyone knows he's not. "started from the bottom",his bragging and arrogance, his instagram creepin on p--- stars like he's in high school, his awkward rihanna relationship, the ghostwriting and now hiding his kid with the pusha t rap beef was just a nail in the coffin in that respect. i'll listen to scorpion for some enjoyable music but im not expecting to buy into his persona anymore, it's hard for me to take him seriously. for me thats what disrupts his rap "legacy".

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Jun 27, 2018
    Better than most the rest of this overrated s---. n----s mentioning "Worst Behavior" bein' one of the best never heard a Mase or Wu-Tang song before. Sounded better coming out of Mase and Ghostface Killah's mouths. I'm mad.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Xdx

Xdx

Jun 27, 2018
    All we know is that Quentin Miller helped Drake write the hook for 10 bands as well as a part of a verse. That's all. Drake has released more than 7 projects. Let's not forget that Ja Rule once wrote a hook for JAY-Z. That doesn't mean JAY-Z isn't one of the greatest rappers to have ever lived. Tbh, 10 Bands isn't even an insanely lyrical song. It's such a minimalistic song. If you want to see songs written by Drake with actual flow and lyrics, there's always 5AM in Toronto, Tuscan Leather, Pound Cake, 9AM in Dallas, The Ride, The Calm, Diplomatic Immunity, Fear, Lord Knows, etc.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024