Eminem Best Posts: Great music? No. Great show, yes! Eminem in 2018

1. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 13, 2018
    So yeah I went to his show yesterday. I went there because it was the first time in 15 years he was here and and that was pretty obvious.

Most people there were 100% for nostalgic reasons. Here's why.

So, royce and 2 chainz were opening, and it was disgusting yet understandable to see so few people taking interest in, especially 2 Chainz. His performance was great! But there were only a few including me that really seemed to like it.

Luckily, Eminem started off with (imo) one of the few great songs he did in the past years: Medicine Man. Great entrance. Unfortunately he followed it up with ... Won't Back Down. People were happy that he started but again, there weren't THAT many people going crazy.

Then he told us to put our middlefingers up and he did a (great) performance of Just Dont Give A f---. Everyone suddenly woke op! He followed it up by performing White America, Like Toy Soldiers and a few other classics. That moment it was obvious that most people came for the classics.

At one point he performed Framed. Nobody cared. He performed Walk On Water, people were only excited because Skylar Grey walked on stage to perform it lol. He followed that up w Stan and LYWYL, which he did well too. Then he made a joke w Porter that led to another great song, Criminal.

Then came River, and except for 16 yeard old girls singing along w the chorus nobody gave a s--- lol. People actually went to get drinks.

After that he did Till I Colapse and Cinderella Man. Pretty cool as well. Same as Berzerk, The Way I Am, Real Slim Shady, the Monster, My Name Is, which was well received of course.

But..... no Revival songs lmao.

He closed the show with Not Afraid telling us to stop playin w the scissors and s---. But it okay, people loved it.

Then when the show was 'over' he returned once and did what EVERYONE was waiting for: Lose Yourself. The crowd went crazy!

Let me remind you that this show was called 'The Revival Tour' and he only performed his 3 singles.. not even Nowhere Fast lol.

He gave Holland what we truly wanted: not Revival, but his classic music that lots of us have waited 15 year for to see live. He was full of energy and not awkward at all.

All I can say, really glad I went he did a great job!!

@Papa Alpha Andy

Ricky, hargydon, asvdawg and 31 others like this.
    Ricky, hargydon, asvdawg and 31 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Jul 16, 2018
    This tour was proof all the negativity here is just a loud minority. People still love Eminem, he can still pack stadiums. I'm happy I was able to witness this.

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Gimp

Jul 13, 2018
    Old man

modli, DKC, Evad and 4 others like this.
    modli, DKC, Evad and 4 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 13, 2018
    I kinda get what he means but imagine.. he didn't perform in 15 years here. So most people are seeing him for the 1st time ever.

Now imagine seeing the great eminem for the 1st and only time and having to listen to remind me, offended, bad husband while you could be listening to the actual classics.

Em definitely made the right choice imo.

Altough I do have to say... chainz was there, why no chlorasceptic remix...

Ricky, hargydon, emanisbetter and 3 others like this.
    Ricky, hargydon, emanisbetter and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Mwilky

Jul 15, 2018
    Was just saying that, this is my 5th time I've seen him and by far the best one yet. He gets better with each one

Apr 19, 2024
  6. Custommustardstain

Jul 15, 2018
    I’ve seen Eminem in:

- Cape Town (2014 Rapture Tour)
    - Stockholm (2018 Revival Tour)
    - London (2018 Revival Tour)

Hands-down London has to be the MOST INCREDIBLE show I have ever seen (of any artist). The energy was indescribable, his energy, surprising the crowd with 50 Cent and the Chloroseptic Remix too.

Eminem still has it, and if anything his performances now are better than ever!

Here’s to a hopeful new album!

hargydon, DontKnow, Fearless and 2 others like this.
    hargydon, DontKnow, Fearless and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Mwilky

Jul 15, 2018
    f---ing happy, he performed chloraseptic with 2chainz and patiently waiting with 50. Was an unreal night

ETERNAL, Alpha, Michael Myers and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Mothrfckr

Jul 13, 2018
    Saw him yesterdsy too. It was awesome! Had some tears in my eyes when he peroformed k--- you, criminal, square dance and white america in the beginning. Next to me were a group of kids from Israel...they came all the way to see him and they only came for Revival. When I asked them whish songs they hope to hear they said bad husband and those stuff and that they hope to see skylar grey :fkcurry:

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 13, 2018
    He does, he performed it a few times already. Just weird that both Royce and 2chainz were there but he didn't perform his 2 new songs lmao. Royce even did Caterpillar ffs lol. Only song they did together was Fast Lane.

Yeah could be! He at least made an interesting move with Caterpillar verse.

Now Eminem was great, next up mr HNDRXX and Nicki!

Apr 19, 2024
  10. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Jul 13, 2018
    :skip:

Apr 19, 2024
  11. Mathias ♛

Mathias ♛ I took a pill in Ibiza

Jul 14, 2018
    Eminem destroyed Roskilde Festival a week ago - he broke the audience record at the festival, previous held by The Rolling Stones, the festival confirmed over 100k people at the show, s--- was nuts

Jimelej, Z Gangsta and lefredje like this.
    Jimelej, Z Gangsta and lefredje like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jul 13, 2018
    His picture jumps off a poster and just floats through the halls and f---in goes through the walls like the ghost of Lou Rawls

Dope s---, wish he could write something like that consistently now :/

Alpha, emanisbetter and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 13, 2018
    Pple didn't know it here either but I don't really like it. Thinking about it I don't think he did a single song from Relapse lmao.
    Pretty good! I love the verse and that he opened with it. Hoped he would start with that one or Bad Guy.

He didn't do the entire verse, he stopped after 'so doc turn the beat up who's turn to get murdered on it' and then WBD started lmao. Luckily he made up for that 100%

Apr 19, 2024
  14. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 13, 2018
    I knew that he performed it as an opening song lately so I kinda expected it lol. I listened to Compton a lot

hargydon, Boos and DetroitDGAF like this.
    hargydon, Boos and DetroitDGAF like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. DetroitDGAF

DetroitDGAF Locked in Mariah’s Wine Cellar

Jul 13, 2018
    Couldnt agree more. I thought the same of revival too. If these albums were cut down to size they wouldve been better imo.

Think revival couldve been taken more seriously too if em didnt keep going with his whole "gotta have a song of each kind, lets throw a goofy track on here" s---

emanisbetter, Evad and Michael Myers like this.
    emanisbetter, Evad and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jul 13, 2018
    This was up on the screens for an hour while setting up his stage. He made a joke about it after doing the b--- at the end of k--- You. From my understanding, he only did the b--- at the end of k--- You at the previous shows, but at Firefly he did it a good 5-10 times. It was loud as f--- too.

edit: and I say overboard because I get him doing it like three times to make his point, but after that it just got annoying really lol

[​IMG]

Michael Myers, Kon and DetroitDGAF like this.
    Michael Myers, Kon and DetroitDGAF like this.
    Apr 19, 2024