Kanye West Best Posts: How much of Yandhi will be old material?

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 18, 2018
    We know there was a lot of material in the works for Yeezus. If I remember correctly, Rick Rubin said that Kanye had three hours worth of songs he played him and that the record was also cut down from 16 to 10 songs. I assume that means there were at least six more complete-ish songs, plus a bunch of mumble demos/ideas/instrumentals. Only a few demos/early versions of songs from the album have leaked as far as I know, so we haven't heard much of that unreleased material.

For the school trilogy, Kanye always consulted leftover material from previous album sessions. Off the top of my head, versions of Hey Mama and Home(coming) were recorded pre-college dropout, but ended up tweaked and on LR/Grad. Though Kanye works a lot differently now than he did in the past, it would be strange for him to decide to make a successor to an album without consulting leftover material from the original.

My hope is that this is going to be a mixture of old songs that were supposed to be on that Yeezus 2 EP that never dropped, demos from the 2013 sessions that he went back to and finished this year, as well as some new songs that fit the vibe...cuz as much as I would love for this to be all Yeezus-era stuff, I don't think it's in Kanye's nature to just release an album of older material (and who knows how much was even finished enough). Then again, he did release that XTC song that was scrapped from ye, so who knows.

My worry, however, is that this album really has nothing to do with Yeezus and he's just calling it Yandhi out of some misguided notion of #FREETHINKING and #INDEPENDENCE. In which case this could be some of the stuff from the original album that he was gonna drop this year before he scrapped it and made ye in two days.

Regardless...I'm intrigued. After a lackluster album and all his gaffes, he certainly knows how to grab each section of his fanbase's attention by teasing this, Good a--- Job, and WTT2.

Apr 16, 2024
  2. Jakepaulerforlifelogang

Sep 18, 2018
    If this is yeezus 2 it will be the 2nd best album ever made

Apr 16, 2024
  3. Brubbels

Sep 18, 2018
    Unreleased Yeezus material would be the s--- but I feel like Kanye would see such a move as regression. I hope youre right though.

Apr 16, 2024
  4. Xmipod

Sep 18, 2018
    Kanye is a little out there but I dont think he'd make a yeezus sequel (almost identical names and covers) if they werent actual sequels

That being said, I hope he did consult the old Yeezus cuts and make them new again. Best case scenario imo

Id bet Bound 1 is on this

Ids5621, DKC and asvdawg like this.
    Ids5621, DKC and asvdawg like this.
    Apr 16, 2024