Eminem Best Posts: The Sad & Lonely Life of an Eminem Fan in 2018 [TRIGGER WARNING: READING COMPREHENSION NECESSARY]

1. GawDEDEDE

Sep 26, 2018
    It was a well written article but the guy is clearly stuck in the past, it’s actually kind of sad and pathetic hence I guess the title of his article. If you’ve taken absolutely nothing away from Ems catalogue from 2003-2017 then I can’t fathom why you’d still check for the dude much less write a piece about him. You are clearly married to the idea of the 28 year old bleach blond rebel, not Marshall Mathers as a growing and evolving artist.

I can name about two dozen post 2003 songs that are either definitive Em or major additions to his catalog. Suggesting that Kamikaze is the first album to contain any tracks with value in 16 years Is actually really lazy and it’s no more original than the twitter critics who could get more profound “Eminem hasnt been good since 2002” takes off in 140 characters or less.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    modli, Dudley, Ghostface and 26 others like this.
    modli, Dudley, Ghostface and 26 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. CARNIFEX

CARNIFEX Get The Strap

Sep 26, 2018
    Don’t even have to read to know that this is the typical try hard awkward anti Eminem s---

hargydon, Dudley, Ghostface and 17 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Sep 26, 2018
    Imagine spending time to write this. Its a f---ing rapper, either listen to his music or dont. Its not a f---ing philosophy

hargydon, Dudley, Ghostface and 14 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Swizz

Sep 26, 2018
    what the f--- kind of a sentence is this

JIGGA MANE, Thy, Dudley and 8 others like this.
    JIGGA MANE, Thy, Dudley and 8 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 26, 2018
    yeah so he spent a few weeks researching and writing a thoughtful article that got published and he got paid for it. you've spent three years writing posts about eminem lol. not really making you look any better.

I always think it's funny when people on forums don't like an article so they go to the "ugh how could this person spend time writing this" defense when they write posts on a rap forum every single day.

JIGGA MANE, Enigma, Fgbatman and 6 others like this.
    JIGGA MANE, Enigma, Fgbatman and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. JMG

JMG Teflon

Sep 26, 2018
    I thought it was okay besides suggesting Eminem has not had any good music since 8 mile. Cmon even Revivial has some of his best music. The bottom line between Eminem now vs Eminem 99-2003 is obviously drugs. Even he knows it. When he made his first 3 albums the confidence he got was from X pills and alcohal. Somewhere during Encore it caught up to him. Then he got clean and tried to live up to someone he did not know. and it was forced.

Also he gives a f--- now. I think he took a step in the right direction with Kamikaze but the best thing about this album is its not bad.. Unlike previous albums where the standout tracks couldnt outweigh the horrible ones. It does not make me cringe and i can make it through every track. Its not a classic at all gives faith that he may have one more in him sooner or later. I was impressed how he handled the MGK beef. I thought the pressure would get to him... He probaly has the most staying power and longevity in music history so hopefully he uses the next couple years to embrace it and really cement his legacy and make up for all the gargage hes put out. If i hear another female hook then its overwith.

Dudley, n9ne, Fgbatman and 6 others like this.
    Dudley, n9ne, Fgbatman and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Sav Stanfield

Sep 26, 2018
    great piece.

For me Eminem died the day Not Afraid came out. Even on Relapse (despite how bad it was) he was still an enigma, and was still able to exist in his own weird, twisted universe.

When Not Afraid (and especially Love the Way You Lie) came out it was like an entirely different person, the mystery was all gone and we were left with a boring shell intent on pandering to the lowest common denominator. the problem since then is that theres no going back, the illusions already been broken. And it was such a powerful illusion that even his old music doesn't have the same appeal as it once did.

THE LAST DANCE, n9ne, asvdawg and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Sep 26, 2018
    Glad I read this. I feel like 3x times smarter than I was

Dudley, asvdawg, Lucy and 6 others like this.
    Dudley, asvdawg, Lucy and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Sep 26, 2018
    Between this piece and the David Drake's Chief Keef piece, TheOutline is proving itself the best hub for music journalism by a long, long shot. You can really see how rushed and minor Pitchfork reviews are by comparison. I don't think they'd be getting lapped by some guy with a web cam in Connecticut if they were putting out this level of quality.

Gonna quote some of the most striking points that actually answer questions I've been stuck with:

Apr 26, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 26, 2018
    I thought this was an interesting take/article in general even if I don't necessarily agree with all of it. It's semi-long, but worth it. Don't bother responding to this thread with your s-----y take on this piece if you haven't read the whole thing plz.

@Charlie Work @Papa Alpha Andy you may enjoy.

THE SAD AND LONELY LIFE OF AN EMINEM FAN IN 2018

In a lot of very real ways, Eminem’s early music helped lay the groundwork for the world we live in today. But was that necessarily a good thing?
    [​IMG]

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE

henzINNIT, Thy, Amarett and 6 others like this.
    henzINNIT, Thy, Amarett and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Sep 26, 2018
    /thread

SWERVO, Enigma, what and 5 others like this.
    SWERVO, Enigma, what and 5 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Lucy

Lucy #1

Sep 26, 2018
    have sex

Enigma, Fgbatman, asvdawg and 5 others like this.
    Enigma, Fgbatman, asvdawg and 5 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 26, 2018
    You have over 3000 posts on this forum, most of which are dedicated eminem. You’ve written a lot more words on eminem than this article.

Dudley, Enigma, Fgbatman and 5 others like this.
    Dudley, Enigma, Fgbatman and 5 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Sep 26, 2018
    *an thread

SWERVO, Zeugma, Lucy and 4 others like this.
    SWERVO, Zeugma, Lucy and 4 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Sep 26, 2018
    @Big Cuntry i didnt read, but i assume its about em fans never branching out...which i agree with and i was a victim to for so long, and i still struggle with today

reason for it is Eminem is the only of his kind, there is no one like him...not a good or a bad thing nor is it related to quality...he is just so unique that once u become a fan of his its super hard to find something similar ... so you either listen to other good music that outside of your comfort zone..or you listen to the artists you learned to like through Eminem like that yellow fa----

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Sep 26, 2018
    The funniest thing is modern Eminem is the antithesis of what his supporters think he and they are. His "lyrical" quadruple time flows are the only thing that is even remotely close to Eminem being 'different' or against the system. He's a hypocrite-- and not a social or personal hypocrite like he used to be-- he's a musical hypocrite. He's not an outside the box free thinker like his droves of stans would have you think. He's a sellout, a true sellout, who has done everything to strip away his artistic credibility following his s-----y relapse album. And because he rhymes a lot of words he and his mindless army would have you believe he's something new unique or better than the modern artists out rn when in reality he makes generic manufactured music with forced emotion and more cliched topics than anyone. What other artist literally forces the same fake insincere relationship songs every album cycle? It's actually funny. Why does he do that? lmao

Rodamon, n9ne, Sav Stanfield and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Sep 26, 2018
    @what

Eminem's politics are garbage, and we only missed that the first time because we were 14 year olds with soft brains. He's an underdeveloped crybaby whose vulgarity was freeing when rap was under assault by censors, but now it's only embarrassing, particularly because he's 45 years old. As for the alt-right and MAGA connections, maybe don't rely on free speech absolutism to justify your content and focus all your energy on how the media receives you if you want to avoid it.

"Opposition along racial lines" doesn't work when he's the highest selling rap artist ever btw. Race baiting the issue is also silly when rap music has engulfed pop music and white people make up the vast majority of every Billboard rapper's listener base.

You're a corn ball with bad tastes and bad politics, and I'll give you a swirly and f--- your girlfriend if you PM me your address.

Dudley, Enigma, deluxe wife and 3 others like this.
    Dudley, Enigma, deluxe wife and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Sep 26, 2018
    1 average album vs a decade full of awful music? I disagree

Apr 26, 2024
  19. Swizz

Sep 26, 2018
    hmm. you sure are talking a lot about this article that you don't like

Ah, the olde "criticism is only valid if it's positive" stance. A true classic

Enigma, asvdawg, Kon and 3 others like this.
    Enigma, asvdawg, Kon and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Sep 26, 2018
    I wholeheartedly agree with this.
    I would just add that the second MMLP was very interesting to me because the illusion was already broken. It's like he accepted that, and deconstructed himself his own myths - his ability to rap naturally was gone (not on purpose, but still), he acknowledged that the good old "Slim Shady" was a formal gimmick ("blamed it on him when they tried to criticize / 'Cause we are the same" on Evil Twin), he made the god-awful Headlights to excuse the great and melodramatic Cleanin Out My Closet... The "portrait of an artist Tortured, trapped in his own drawings" he's been trying to display since 2013 isn't even "tragic", it's just dumb realistic, while My Darling, at least, personified that aspect into this weird a--- comeback of the OG demonic Shady voice.
    I'm currently writing something (in french though) on all these aspects of post-hiatus Eminem. Lots of artists have fallen off, but I think the career of this man is truly unique in lots of ways

Apr 26, 2024