Eminem Best Posts: I’m pretty annoyed by the Revival hate.

1. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy I roll up like the bottom of a toothpaste tube.

Dec 14, 2018
    [​IMG]

ESKETIT, Red Rum, Buddha and 5 others like this.
    ESKETIT, Red Rum, Buddha and 5 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Dec 14, 2018
    Lmao that revival album is a--- and the majority of you spent a month trying to call it a classic LOL good times

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Masaladosa

Masaladosa Banned

Dec 14, 2018
    I’m pretty annoyed by the Revival hate. Every one of Eminem’s albums have a theme or a certain sound for example

SSLP- sporadic, random lyrics, but shady at his finest.

MMLP- angry, raw, and groundbreaking.

The Eminem Show- recorded in his prime, a pure masterpiece.

Encore- drugged up, rapped about a lot of meaningless things, almost seemed like he was seeing what he can get away with lyrically, but still a few excellent songs.

Relapse- dark, lyrically flawless, but rapped in an accent. The content was different to say the least, but top notch Dr. Dre production.

Recovery- seemed like he was getting back to his old self with a number of hits, but had a pop/rap feel to it. It was very mainstream.

MMLP2- has about 4 or 5 songs that would make his greatest hits album. A few just okay songs, but overall very nostalgic.

Revival- a confessional, an admission of wrongdoing and a lot about his life. Heartfelt and reflective with some throw in songs that are take it or leave it. https://appsync.biz/speed-test/ https://appsync.biz/scrabble-word-finder/ https://appsync.biz/solitaire/

Kamikaze- fighting back at revival critics and all naysayers, and an expression of his disdain for modern mumble rap. Its short and concise.

My point is aside from the perfection of the of the MMLP and The Eminem Show all of his albums have a theme or a certain feel. I would say Encore is probably the worst one even though I do still like it because what we consider a bad Eminem album is still a good rap album overall. Revival almost seems to get more hate than Encore which makes no sense to me. I agree that revival has a decent amount of skippable songs but I personally think Walk on Water will be appreciated more as time passes, its a ballad of where he is and his place in rap. Believe widely liked, bad husband he finally addresses Kim directly to apologize. The final three is one of the best closings to an album in my opinion in your head is excellent. Castle where he details letters to his daughter, and then connected it to Arose which I personally think is one of the greatest songs I have heard from him. My point is you can find highs and lows in every album besides the top two, some more than others. If an album has 5-7 good songs I would say at the very least it’s solid. I don’t think much of the revival hate is warranted.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    thunderface, Tal, CSA and 4 others like this.
    thunderface, Tal, CSA and 4 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Dec 14, 2018
    :sad3:

Ghostface, Z Gangsta, Buddha and 2 others like this.
    Ghostface, Z Gangsta, Buddha and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Dec 14, 2018
    it's
    a---

Mar 28, 2024
  6. TheRealStan

Dec 14, 2018
    Revival sucks

Mar 28, 2024
  7. CSA

CSA Architect

Dec 15, 2018
    That makes 2 of us. Plus, I don't think revival had any songs as stupid as big weenie or anything. People are just hating. Walk on water is perfect and might be one of the most artistic tracks he had ever done. Believe is a classic. I don't think there really was a bad song at all. Some fillers like remind me but who cares. Last three songs are really the best closure to an em album ever plus castle and arose might be the best em concept tracks post hiatus. Arose is the most emotional song ever...

Spatula, thunderface and modli like this.
    Spatula, thunderface and modli like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Dec 14, 2018

Alpha, The Truth and Buddha like this.
    Alpha, The Truth and Buddha like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. TheDarkView

Dec 14, 2018
    imagine saying revival had a concept

Simidjay, Red Rum and 6ix9ineWithThe9 like this.
    Simidjay, Red Rum and 6ix9ineWithThe9 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Dec 14, 2018
    that's Recovery
    Revival is just a bunch of terrible songs displaying how uncomfortable he is as a rapper in 2018.
    how heartfelt, confessional and reflective are chloraseptic? remind me? like home? tragic endings? framed? heat? offended? need me?
    14 terrible and 3 okay tracks = by far the worst album Eminem has released in his terrible post-hiatus career

Simidjay, Koke and Ricky like this.
    Simidjay, Koke and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024