Wrestling Official AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Thread

Started by Epitome, Jan 3, 2019, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Pinhead

May 27, 2019
    Interesting thought - do you have Jericho beat Omega just to go into New Japan in two weeks and lose to their champion? Or have AEW/New Japan come to some sort of agreement?

New Japan's Dallas show hasn't done well. Omega/Cody/Hangman doing G1 would be huge and boost that show.

Epitome likes this.
    Epitome likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

May 27, 2019
    What a f---ing show!!

My wife is in the hospital right now so I couldn’t watch live and post here as the show was going on which s----d but man did DoN make a statement.

The revolution is real my brothers...Vince won’t be around forever so this is going to be Hunter’s fight and man AEW land a huge knockdown last night.

Cody/Dustin was everything...seriously it was the EPITOME of what WWE lacks these days: story telling, emotion, violence, it had it all.

I can’t wait for Mox/Omega either. The only downside right now is that they aren’t starting tv until Oct...I really wish they could take the momentum of last night straight into live tv.

tomroe93 and Pinhead like this.
    tomroe93 and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Epitome

May 27, 2019
    So far there is still no agreement between AEW and NJPW...IMO last night’s booking was done without any consideration to Jericho’s match with Okada.

I think they had Jericho go over for a few reason:
    1. It ties them up at one win each to set up a future tie breaker (presumably for the title).
    2. Putting the title on Jericho first makes sense as he’s the biggest mainstream name they have
    3. It puts Omega’s first feud with Moxley which is helpful as it exposes him to fans who have never watched anything but WWE while pleasing hardcore AEW fans who (if the initial feuds were reversed and Kenny won and faced Page) might think a Moxley vs Jericho is too WWE and just a repeat of they did in the old company.

CJ Poe and Pinhead like this.
    CJ Poe and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Pinhead

May 27, 2019
    They know these are somewhat overlapping fan-bases (at least until last night) and Dominion is usually the second biggest show of the year for American's. It's hard for me to hear all this talk about wins and losses mattering just to have your guy going into a world title match having just lost another one, especially after this Pac fiasco. I get why Jericho won, just not if he's losing.

I think Jericho's beating Okada and that's the Dome main event.

Epitome likes this.
    Epitome likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Pinhead

May 27, 2019
    Also, Pentagon vs Moxley has been announced for Northeast Wrestling this summer. Should be awesome.

Edit

He's coming to New Japan!

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Alpha, Big Dangerous and Epitome like this.
    Alpha, Big Dangerous and Epitome like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Epitome

May 27, 2019
    Holy s---!
    Jesus, just in case anyone didn’t know before, in 60 sec Mox proves the limitations of WWE promos

@NJPWBros

Alpha, Big Dangerous and Pinhead like this.
    Alpha, Big Dangerous and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

May 27, 2019
    VERY exciting time for wrestling

Gonna be a big year

Apr 26, 2024
  8. tomroe93

May 27, 2019
    What a time to be alive

Gloku and Alpha like this.
    Gloku and Alpha like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

May 27, 2019
    Didn't those "time's up" Vignettes start airing way before he left WWE? how was he able to pull that off?

I think @tomroe93 should do the prediction game with AEW starting at their next PPV. Since they have PPV's every few months it would be smoother.

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. tomroe93

May 27, 2019
    If the interest is there it’s a definite possibility

Epitome, Alpha, CJ Poe and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

May 27, 2019
    I’m down for this

Epitome, Gloku, Alpha and 1 other person like this.
    Epitome, Gloku, Alpha and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Alpha

Alpha

May 27, 2019

Was questioning whether or not we'd be getting an episode today seeing how they posted two episodes last week and how busy their schedule was this weekend, but nope, they're that dedicated to us. Nothing but love and support to them.

A E DUB!!
    A E DUB!!
    A E DUB!!
    @NJPWBros

tomroe93 likes this.
    tomroe93 likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Alpha

Alpha

May 27, 2019

tomroe93 and Sign Language like this.
    tomroe93 and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. tomroe93

May 28, 2019
    Maybe I'm reaching but based off the end of the BTE video, maybe they're going to do Moxley vs Janela at one of the smaller shows before All Out?

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. dna hits

May 28, 2019
    How was I not aware of this company throwing a show every week? What day and time will the AEW shows be on? Also what tv station is this show on? I’m pissed I missed Jericho vs Omega. The WWE are total dumbasses not letting Jericho do what ideas he wanted to, which led to him signing with AEW instead. It’d be hilarious to see this program bring in more views than the wwe. Here’s a recent good Jericho interview btw

And I was watching some news on YouTube, multiple sources saying Vince is actually worried and on edge over AEW. Said they had a conference over it earlier last week. The WWE will have to make some big move soon. Too bad Stone Cold or the Rock couldn’t do one more year for the company. The wwe is struggling making stars out of younger talent. They tried making Roman the next John Cena for the last 4 years, and it backfired terribly. Vince should have known when Roman was getting booed out of every arena as a baby face. Some people blame Brock Lesnar, Lesnar only helped the company. It’s honestly all on Roman and Vince for the collapse that last couple years. And they need a whole new creative writing team. Other guys should have been pushed to the top instead of shoving Roman down everyone’s throats for years. And the Undertaker liked a comment about the AEW show being good.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. tomroe93

May 28, 2019
    @dna hits The Undertaker was actually supposed to appear at Starrcast (the fan convention that took place alongside the AEW event) but Vince McMahon pulled him (and Kurt Angle)

I also read that Ric Flair was supposed to be the one to unveil the AEW Championship but since he was facing medical issues they had to replace him with Bret Hart

Pinhead and dna hits like this.
    Pinhead and dna hits like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. dna hits

May 28, 2019
    Ok this makes sense. Idk if Undertaker is really under contract with the WWE matches wise. I honestly hope he appears on AEW and has his last few matches with them. Vince would be f---ing furious. And that would uproar the AEW having the undertaker randomly appearing, choke slamming people or whatever. Not even having to wrestle full matches, just him helping doing promos for the show would give it a major boost. WWE really f----- up not signing Jericho just because they wouldn’t agree with his ideas. You know d--- well Jericho is way more creative and had better ideas than the s-----y wwe creative team. They probably wanted Jericho to come back just to get his a--- kicked by Roman Reigns tbh. Chris should be a WWE champion while he has a few good years left in him. Vince buried his company in a deep whole.

Sort of a bummer they don’t have a weekly show until fall. It’ll be semi hard to keep gaining hype only on ppv’s until then. Watched highlights of the Omega/Jericho match and it was impressive tbh. I honestly think this company has potential to compete with the wwe, as long as when their weekly shows start, they have good story lines and great matches. And this could be good for the WWE. They’ll be trying harder now that they have competition to actually make good shows again. Probably why they had Brock appearing every show recently. Wonder how much money Vince is trying to throw to John Cena to make a full return. Imagine if AEW signed the undertaker, CM Punk.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

May 28, 2019
    I'm shocked. I was like 8 and Undertaker was fighting and he already was old as s--- to me back then and boom, he's still around WWE.

JEB likes this.
    JEB likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. tomroe93

May 28, 2019
    The Young Bucks (2 of the EVPs for the company along with Cody and Kenny) have a YouTube channel where they post a weekly video that they use to build storylines, flesh out characters, etc. Its called Being the Elite

Sadly, Vince signed both Undertaker and Angle to new deals where they have to approve all outside appearances they make

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. tomroe93

May 28, 2019
    Moxley vs Janela at AEW x CEO Gaming: Fyter Fest! @WrestlingBros

Apr 26, 2024