Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jan 9, 2019
    “Wins and losses will matter more than they ever have before”

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. Pinhead

Jan 9, 2019
    I've said before that wrestling should be far more tournament based. If I watch WWE around my roommates, I feel embarrassed. I watch New Japan and I have a 17 year old dude who hates wrestling getting invested in Ibushi/Ospreay. Cool s---, hard hitting, great matches, keep the storyline soap opera bs to the minimum and let the actual sport aspect of the simulated competition develop natural stories as they do in real sports.

Doubt they'll go that far, actually a bit worried how much the BTE style comedy will come into play. That needs to be kept outside the ring. Wrestling will always be "gay" or lame to a lot of the population, but I believe something presented in a serious fashion can reach some degree of popularity. Hopefully the cult like WWE fans and older people who've been watching forever give it a shot, and word of mouth spreads enough to the lapsed fans. I'm reeling in a guy at work, we're gonna need them.

Apr 20, 2024
  3. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Jan 9, 2019
    This makes me so happy.

So who all we got at this point?
    Bucks
    Jericho
    Britt Baker
    Omega???
    Hangman Page
    Neville

Also this is lame af:
    http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/all-elite-wrestling-merch-wwe/#.XDX2jbpMGEc

Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. tomroe93

Jan 9, 2019
    Janella and Penelope Ford, as well as some talent from some Chinese promotion they’re partnering with (CIMA is the only talent I remember off the top of my head)

Apr 20, 2024
  5. WhiteThinDuke

Jan 9, 2019
    Agreed, I believe that if those that think wrestling is faggoty were introduced to a good NJPW show/match that they would rescind their opinion at least a little bit. I feel like WWE is quite a large cause of the anti wrestling stigma

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/3/1...first-time-watching-wrestling-oh-my-good-lord this is quite cool tho

Pinhead, Sign Language and tomroe93 like this.
    Pinhead, Sign Language and tomroe93 like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  6. Gloku

Gloku FuckOnYaBabyMama

Jan 9, 2019
    Ayo @Big Dangerous @Sign Language we need an AEWBros tag

Sign Language and Big Dangerous like this.
    Sign Language and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. Big Dangerous

Jan 9, 2019
    Let’s just use njpw tag for now. I mean this thing isn’t even off the ground yet

Sign Language and Alpha like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  8. Pinhead

Jan 10, 2019
    We on the runway

Apr 20, 2024
  9. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 10, 2019
    I'm genuinely interested in this and i haven't cared about wrestling in years

Apr 20, 2024
  10. Pinhead

Jan 10, 2019
    What do you look for as a fan? Is it the characters, storylines, or wrestling? What would appeal to you as someone who hasn't been watching?

This guy at work I'm trying to recruit is firmly in the entertainment over wrestling part of things, so finding that balance to appeal to them will be tough. He watched a compilation of The Bucks and was describing a Meltzer driver to the outside, it was hilarious but he thought it was cool as f--- lol.

SHUDEYE likes this.
    SHUDEYE likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. SHUDEYE

Jan 10, 2019
    Probably characters. Always been a promo guy. Loved Punk. Do love the wrestling when its good tho. I live in aus but can proudly say i've been to an ROH PPV so i was a pretty big fan when i was younger

Sign Language and Pinhead like this.
    Sign Language and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  12. Pinhead

Jan 10, 2019
    You should watch the All In show they did last year and maybe check out some Being the Elite shows for the personality/character side of things.

Edit

Khan did a podcast with X Pac that's a must listen. Dude used to trade WAR tapes...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. SHUDEYE

Jan 10, 2019
    Yeah, I might suss it when I get a chance over the weekend. I still respect wrestling but yeah, I've even downgraded from the typical casual sort of fan who just does Rumble/WM every year to nothing pretty much. I lost interest in ROH too which I predominately watched, probably because a lot of them were going to WWE anyway and there's no chance I'm watching a RAW that's three hours. That time frame is just lunacy.

Pinhead and tomroe93 like this.
    Pinhead and tomroe93 like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Pinhead

Jan 10, 2019
    That ROH/PWG/indie crew in NXT is doing an incredible job, highly recommend checking out the Rumble Takeover show as well.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  15. Pinhead

Jan 10, 2019
    Just thinking WE COULD GET GOLDBERG VS JERICHO at some point

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  16. Big Dangerous

Jan 11, 2019
    Ew no thanks

tomroe93, Alpha and Epitome like this.
    tomroe93, Alpha and Epitome like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Jan 11, 2019
    Man this whole thing is the epitome (no pun intended) of a perfect storm.

ROH was main eventing with Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Riley at the end 2016. When the Undisputed Era guys' contracts were up at ROH, their biggest stars were now The Bucks and Cody (who had just joined the promotion) so they were now going to main event ROH shows due the Bullet Club being the hottest things going in NJPW.

This coincides with Cody being in PWG Bola in September of 2016 and looking around, watching every match on the card in person, and saying to the Bucks, "Holy s---, there is more talent on this card than this year's Wrestlemania card...I can't believe how much unsigned talent there is on the indies right now." They apparently talked for hours after the show and their friendship was born.

Would all of this still happened if Cole doesn't go to the WWE, it's a tricky question because WWE was always Cole's goal, but I say yes, it would have. An interesting question for me is if Cody had met the Bucks, and all this got sent in motion, a year earlier does Cole stay and build AEW with them instead of going to WWE? I think that answer is yes as well.

Jericho getting hot again and doing the Kevin Owens program (giving him major confidence again), being told by Vince he was going main event WM that year against Owens for the Universal Title but then having Vince take that way from him and instead making it a lower card match for the U.S. Title (which really pissed Jericho off) gave him the itch to go show Vince he can be huge star without the WWE. That leads to the Omega feud, him enjoying the freedom the NJPW, and we know the rest.

All of this (including the huge piece of the puzzle of Fox paying $1.2 Billion for SD showing rich people on the outside looking in like Kahn saying, "s---, maybe we can make money on wrestling now") is the perfect storm that lead to this!

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  18. Proto

Proto drippin so pretty

Jan 11, 2019
    really hoping this succeeds and can be an alternative to wwe while also becoming a competitor

Apr 20, 2024
  19. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Jan 11, 2019
    He's a true fan, man...that's one of the most exciting things out of all this. Like I said, it was just of matter of time after the Fox SD deal that a rich guy would enter the wrestling market now that it's known money can be made, but the fact that the one that ended up doing it is such a huge fan as Kahn makes me so happy. The dude said his Dad he would take him anyway, as a reward for getting into a good private school, and he picked the ECW area lol That's what up right there

I find it so cool I posted this a couple week ago and one of the first things Cody makes a point to say at the press conference, was the line about wins and losses mattering in AEW lol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Big Dangerous and Pinhead like this.
    Big Dangerous and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  20. Pinhead

Jan 11, 2019
    Man, I think that Jericho/Owens match is the one where Owens asked Vince if it was good right after and he said no. How weird is it that Jericho's last appearance in WWE for the next three years was in The Greatest Royal Rumble?

Hilarious how they removed him from their graphic and moved him to the alumni section immediately. So petty.

Alpha, Sign Language and Epitome like this.
    Alpha, Sign Language and Epitome like this.
    Apr 20, 2024