Old School

Started by KPD, May 1, 2019, in Music Add to Reading List

1. KPD

KPD I feel incredible, is medicine edible?

May 1, 2019
    I will probably get a lot of hate for this but I just honestly can’t get into this new school s---. Like the mumble/auto tune stuff. Trust me I’ve tried. Like, really don’t get any of it, whether it’s; future, Uzi, Kodak, travis or yachty. I just honestly can’t get into it.

So that got me thinking, two questions really... Do you think classic old school rap. Like, spitting bars, will die out? Also, do you ever still listen to old school rap like; Pac, BIG, Nas, Mobb deep, LL cool J, Wu Tang, Rakim etc...

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 2, 2019
    I enjoy both tbh. Not a fan of some newer artists but others I did get into (a lot even). It took me a while w some artists though so you should really give it a fair chance at first.

Its a matter of taste really, 'you dont understand it' is such a lame statement no matter about what type of music lol.

I don't think old school rap will die out, there are still plenty of artists that rap over old school production. Sometimes with a modern twist, but I think thats a good thing. Hearing the same beat over and over is boring as f--- to me whether its trap or old school. I like the innovation/unique stuff.

I think @WheresTheMeat can point you into the right direction when it comes to newer artists that use old school beats.

And yeah I listen to old school occassionally. Like I said, both.

Ordinary Joel and KPD like this.
    Ordinary Joel and KPD like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Enez

Enez Purple Heats Forever

May 2, 2019
    The ones I can really think of are Conway The Machine, Westside Gunn, Freddie Gibbs, a lot of Joey Badass' old s---, Dave East, Bishop Nehru, Clear Soul Forces, and a bunch more.

KPD and Ordinary Joel like this.
    KPD and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 20, 2024