Kodak Black facing ten years for lying on gun application

Started by SHUDEYE, May 14, 2019, in Music Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

May 14, 2019
    UPDATED 05/14/19 6:44 p.m. ET: Kodak Black is facing up to 10 years in prison for allegedly giving incorrect information on a firearm applications at a gun store in Hialeah, Florida, XXL reports. In addition to the time behind bars, Kodak is facing a fine of $250,000 and three years of supervision following a release.

Federal prosecutors are saying the Florida rapper lied on said applications in a two-count indictment that was filed in the Southern District of Florida. Prosecutors are alleging that Kodak lied on two separate occasions and was able to purchase guns after completing one of the applications (Firearms Transaction Record a.k.a. Form 4473). The alleged lie? Kodak claimed he was not under indictment by checking the "no" box on the form. The Dying to Live rapper was indicted for sexually assaulting a teenage girl in 2016. He faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted on charges of first-degree criminal sexual conduct.

"When you throw around legal terms like indictment, information, or anything like that where someone's not an attorney, [the federal government is] making the assumption that you know what that means," Bradford Cohen, Kodak's attorney, said about the charges, per XXL.

Kodak was arrested over the weekend while he was on his way to perform at Rolling Loud Miami. TMZ reports that the rapper is still in custody and will see a judge on Wednesday, May 15. Rolling Loud later released a statement clarifying that the the 21-year-old "was not arrested at Rolling Loud" but rather "on his way to the festival."

Shortly after news of Kodak's arrest surfaced, a picture of the rapper in custody was obtained by WSVN. Kodak's attorney, Bradford Cohen, took issue with the image. "I think the actions of the [police] in taking a photo of him in the police station in handcuffs and selling it or giving it to WSVN is a disgusting display of unprofessionalism," Cohen told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/...xmag&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. SHUDEYE

May 14, 2019
    The guy just doesn't learn. Come on, man...

Buddha and Lil Squeed like this.
    Buddha and Lil Squeed like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

May 14, 2019
    He marked the box that said "white/non Hispanic"?

Lil Squeed likes this.
    Lil Squeed likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. thatmotherfkr

May 14, 2019
    Oh no, I hope this doesnt conflict with his busy being a flagrant despicable piece of s--- everywhere he goes schedule...

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

May 14, 2019
    Smdh

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 14, 2019
    Man I love this kid's music but he's a certified dipshit and between the homophobic comments, the s--- he said about Lauren London in the wake of Nipsey's death, and not to mention the multiple r--- charges I'm just increasingly disgusted by him every day.

SHUDEYE likes this.
    SHUDEYE likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. dna hits

May 14, 2019
    This guy is just a goon built for prison. Just have legal gun security, when you break out as a rapper as popular as Kodak. I don’t like seeing anyone getting locked up (except 21 savage), but Kodak just can’t keep it clean. He won’t be getting another slap on the wrist. I’d say 7 years in prison would be the best offer he could possibly get. But with that sexual assault case on a minor and since the feds have him on this case, he’ll be looking at 25-35 years on a plea agreement. He takes it to trial then he’ll be facing over 45 years. And he won’t stand a chance in trial. The feds have too much physical evidence.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. SHUDEYE

May 14, 2019
    I'm not joking when I think he's borderline r-----ed. I honestly think he's a crack baby.

Mar 29, 2024