Legal Leaking...?

Started by The Lyricvore, Sep 29, 2019, in Music Add to Reading List

1. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Sep 29, 2019
    Koolo made studioleaks by leaking music. Because he had money and insiders to buy the music from. But is there a way @Koolo or just someone in general with money can buy the rights to unreleased music from a label and then release them?

So many scrapped albums and songs from artists. And the music just sits there. You’d think labels would want to make a quick buck...

Ordinary Joel and Marshall III like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Marshall III like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Wreckless

Sep 29, 2019
    I don't think there are many people who would be willing to pay the kind of money a label would ask for some of that music.

And i'm not sure there are many labels who would just sell their unrealeased music anyway. They aren't that desperate for cash.

I'm sure they prefer keeping the music so they can decide whether or not they want to release it in the future. They might decide to add some unrealeased tracks on a biggest hits album or some type of compilation album.

Also, if an artist dies. They can make big bucks by putting out unrealeased music post death.

Ordinary Joel and BART like this.
    Ordinary Joel and BART like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 29, 2019
    if a label sells a song once, they get paid once

if they release a song themselves, they get royalties from it forever

CSA, Ordinary Joel and Wreckless like this.
    CSA, Ordinary Joel and Wreckless like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. dna hits

Sep 29, 2019
    If anyone leaks anything just know that @Big Cuntry will ban and report you to the label of the rapper.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 29, 2019
    video

Bojack and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Bojack and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. dna hits

Sep 29, 2019
    This current forum under its condition doesn’t deserve a video. Now when the Yankees start in playoffs and if they win a game or 2. I may have to go after @Worm because I’ll probably quit posting if Yankees somehow win the World Series. Also redsoxx when I go to the address he gave me I’ll do a video on my way there then record once I’m there to see if he’s actually going to fight.

Oh yeah idk if I told you, I switched my Valium to 2mg Klonopin up to 3 times a day. I have to wait until my Valium refill is over first to get the kpin. Do you think for a boost in social energy being more friendly at work the kpins will work better? The Valium didn’t work if I took 1 or 2 before work I felt nothing and just save them sometimes for the evening. I read they’re better social wise. And the 2mg kpins are the strongest ones. My doctor pretty much will give me any benzo. I was gonna ask for the 2mg Xanax bars. But Ik in the long run they would be too evil and would sky rocket my tolerance.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Sep 29, 2019
    Yeah but I don’t get it. If the music is released the label makes money. If it’s in the vault they get nothing.

I’m not saying they would make millions. But they would make more than the music just sitting there

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 29, 2019
    I’m sure there’s provisons in the contract + they always wanna have the option. An artist could get an an accident and die any day and they want as many unreleased masters as possible to churn out albums to capitalize on that.

I agree with you that I wish more artists/labels would put out vaulted stuff, but labels only see the potential $$$ and only care about fans if they can net them money. It would have to be a VERY large sum of money to make it worth it to a label to take the short-sighted route. And if you have that type of money I’m sure you could get connections to buy songs illegally on the low anyway.

And also from the artist’s perspective there’s no reason they’d put out vaulted stuff if they don’t think it’s on par or if they might wanna use it later

Mar 28, 2024
  9. BART

BART BANNED

Sep 29, 2019
    its not feasible...

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. 831's Finest

831's Finest West Side Gentleman

Sep 30, 2019
    Labels do not know of every unreleased song an artist has done so going to a label for what you want may not go how you think. Dr. Dre for example has said it in an interview with LL Cool J he's made music that only himself and people around him will ever listen to with no plan to ever release to the public.

But you can legally leak in a toilet OP... just sayin :jordan:

CSA and DKC like this.
    CSA and DKC like this.
    Mar 28, 2024