Best Posts: Top 25 Unreleased Hip Hop Songs

1. 831's Finest

831's Finest West Side Gentleman

Oct 21, 2019
    After 13 years of roaming the internet, I have finally amassed enough unreleased music to make this list. Most of these, if you collect as much as I do have been heard before, but if not then you’ve found a gold mine thread.

My conditions for this list:

-NEVER eventually got an official release through a album, mixtape (has to be the artist’s own mixtape like what Game did for 3 years or the artist’s official DJ, like DJ Drama putting an unreleased T.I. song on his tapes/album), weekly release (No GOOD Fridays for ex.) or single release

-Has to be in original form. No mixing in with official version. Example: Taking Eminem’s Get Money verse and throwing it on 50’s final version, it has to be just that verse if that’s how it leaked.

-It can be the same song as the official release with a different beat that wasn’t used, as long as that beat was INTENDED to be used. A lot of 2Pac songs are good examples of this, but T.I.’s Memories Back Then is a somewhat recent example some may remember on here.

There is a chance I cannot get a listenable link for some songs. In which case you can ask me for them via PM. If YouTube quality is trash I’m not even gonna use the links. Also if it leaked within the last week it probably won’t make this list, I’m not paying attention as much to leaks nowadays.

25. Kanye West & KiD CuDi- Can't Look Into My Eyes
    24. Jay Electronica & The New Royales - Minutes Of Moog
    23. Young Jeezy Feat. Lil Wayne - Scared Money
    22. Dr. Dre Feat. NaS - Topless (the last leaked version)
    21. Lil Wayne Feat. Junior Reid - RappaPomPom
    20. The Game Feat. Dr. Dre & Nate Dogg - Where I’m From (OG Version)
    19. Bishop Lamont - No Stoppin Carson
    18. Future - How It Feel
    17. Snoop Dogg & Kurupt - Every Dog Has His Day
    16. KiD CuDi - Goodbye
    15. Lord Finesse - The Message
    14. Crooked I & Tech N9ne - Blammers & Burners
    13. Busta Rhymes - Your Time Has Come
    12. Lil Wayne - I Hate Love
    11. Eminem Feat. Jazmine Sullivan - Cocaine
    10. 2Pac Feat. Faith Evans - Wonder Why They Call U b---- (OG Version)
    9. 50 Cent - You Should Be Dead
    8. OutKast - Lookin 4 Ya
    7. Warren G Feat. Nate Dogg - Regulate (Original Version)
    6. Lil Wayne - Life Of Mr. Carter
    5. Busta Rhymes & Notorious B.I.G. - The Ugliest
    4. AZ, NaS & Kool G Rap - Livin Thug
    3. Mobb Deep - Take It In Blood
    2. 2Pac - Cause I Had to (Po n----- Blues OG/Shock G's Mix)
    1. Kendrick Lamar - I Hate You (Letter To Death)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. 831's Finest

Oct 30, 2019
    We only on the highest of quality on this top 10...

9. 50 Cent - You Should Be Dead

Look at that view count for this video and try and tell me this wasn’t one of the most known and wanted leaked hip hop songs. Produced by Timbaland doing his absolute best Dr. Dre impersonation, this is CLASSIC 50 on his gangsta s--- in the most natural way. 50 bodies beats like this so easily. Not sure if it was going to end up on Curtis or Before I Self Destruct, the fact it didn’t get released at all was a huge mistake by 50. He could put out I Get It In & Get Up as a single at least but not this? Missed opportunity. If he put this out after Crack a Bottle that would’ve been epic... but no, Jimmy Iovine had all the answers.

n9ne, hargydon, KPD and 7 others like this.
    n9ne, hargydon, KPD and 7 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  3. 831's Finest

Oct 23, 2019
    19. Bishop Lamont - No Stopping Carson

If you know my posting past, I’m huge on Aftermath’s discography and a huge Bishop Lamont fan (we exist b------s!!!). Bishop Lamont’s “The Reformation” album as originally intended has here and there leaks like this song and Grow Up (he made it a single despite Dre not wanting him to), No Stoppin Carson fits the theme he was going for perfectly. From the beat to the lyrics you could tell Bishop was hungry and probably was already finished. Unfortunately all we ended up with was mixtapes (which were street albums that were really good) and sneaking some songs we weren’t supposed to hear. No Stoppin Carson was the first song I heard from him and besides a MySpace post he never released it. There are other songs out there that didn’t get put on anything like Friends and his song with John Mayer (it’s real) but none of it compares to this. Dr. Dre on gospelish sounding beats is always welcomed by me btw

Apr 27, 2024
  4. 831's Finest

Oct 22, 2019
    I’m f---ing heated I was going to use Monsters In My Head but Game threw that on the candy Coronas mixtape. f---ing s---. Well there is one other Game song that’s worthy of this list...

20. The Game Feat. Dr. Dre & Nate Dogg - Where I’m From (OG Version)

Now I already know there’s gonna be some Game fan on here asking why I didn’t pick something like b--- Along, Nightmares, Murda, Gutter, Red Bandana, etc I could go on. But this is a travesty. Dr. Dre could’ve been on Game’s DEBUT album and this would’ve been the best song for him to hop on for a verse. I really don’t like how they used Snoop for just the Remix of West Side Story (it was the original) when he would’ve made a lot more sense on that than 50. But eh, final product for that still worked. When it comes to Where I’m From however, the record feels more... complete with Dre than without. Don’t know the logic behind this getting vaulted at all.

JXY, Alpha, Michael Myers and 6 others like this.
    JXY, Alpha, Michael Myers and 6 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  5. 831's Finest

Oct 24, 2019
    17. Snoop Dogg & Kurupt - Every Dog Has His Day

Oh you thought Death Row was gonna get no love? This ain’t the Source Awards :snoop:

Kurupt was out of control with his verses on this with Snoop pretty much saying f--- his ongoing murder allegation at the time. One of the best Death Row unreleased records ever, with very few others I’ve heard on its caliber. s--- this is top 10 songs Kurupt has been apart of imo.

JXY, Wreckless, Sav Stanfield and 5 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  6. 831's Finest

Oct 21, 2019
    I'm going to try to not go too slow with this list, but there is a lot to consider. With that said:

25. Kanye West & KiD CuDi - Can't Look In My Eyes

Oh my god. Why wasn't this finished and put on Satellite Flight or Life of Pablo? This leaked after both albums were released, and yes Kanye's unfinished verse does bring this to worst on the list, but d---. This beat and KiD CuDi's finished verse that we'd hear on Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now is so perfect on here, this can't be ignored. The Michael Jackson samples aren't overdone imo either. Shame they vaulted this.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Evad, Xmipod, relapse 2 and 5 others like this.
    Evad, Xmipod, relapse 2 and 5 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. Sav Stanfield

Nov 9, 2019
    @831's Finest s80 thread OTY.

Apr 27, 2024
  8. 831's Finest

Nov 7, 2019
    Honorable Mentions:

Kanye West - OG Eyez Closed/Father Stretch My Hands w/Kendrick Verse

Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg -OG Zoom (REALLY wish somebody leaked CDQ)

Tech N9ne - Killer

Too many Game/Wayne/2Pac songs I’m not about to list because there’s like 20 contenders from each artist

Eminem -Emulate/OG Renegade/Trouble Soon w/D12/The Sauce

Snoop Dogg - f--- Death Row (I Will Survive) + anything on the Over The Counter Tape

50 Cent - They Burned Me, Sunday Morning, Warning You (that beat’s too much), all those songs on the BISD movie

Ordinary Joel, n9ne, Guma and 4 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, n9ne, Guma and 4 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  9. 831's Finest

Nov 1, 2019
    6. Lil Wayne - Life Of Mr. Carter (That whole leak :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire: tho)

God level Weezy F Baby. Carter V could've sold a million in one day off this s---. Did Birdman not let him put this on? Surely Wayne felt like this was better than 99% of the final product songs on the album we got last year, I bet he forgot he made this lol. Classic Weezy delivery, classic Weezy punchline game and the classic flow shines effortlessly on this beat that nobody else but him could body. Such a shame it didn't get officially released.

So many f---ing choices from the CV leak I could've put at least 5 of them on here. Scottie Pippen, Holy, Better Get Em, Take It Slow & D'usse could've flooded this easy but it'd be so d--- Wayne based and the leak wasn't that long ago. I could do a top 50 unreleased Wayne thread and it would take forever because so much unreleased s--- is good by him. Top 5 had some real competition with this.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    The Mack, n9ne, CSA and 4 others like this.
    The Mack, n9ne, CSA and 4 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  10. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Oct 30, 2019
    This is actually quickly becoming favourite thread on this site! Some of these songs I either didn't know existed or didn't know where "leaks". That 50 song is crazy it didn't see the light of day on any of his official releases. 20+ volumes of a Thisis50 mixtape run that doesn't include this?? Mental.

n9ne, hargydon, Ordinary Joel and 4 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  11. 831's Finest

Oct 24, 2019
    18. Future - How It Feel

This was a hard choice to make, there is enough unreleased Future at my disposal to put out DS3. I really do think this is the best unreleased record Future has, because it’s a deceptive sad record that has that signature Future hype to it. Obviously about not having Ciara’s Goodies. Emotional Future got classics. I was putting high consideration into Same Accord, So Encouraged, Ransom and KAM w/Big Sean on here but How It Feel is just in another class.

Apr 27, 2024
  12. 831's Finest

Oct 21, 2019
    23. Young Jeezy Feat. Lil Wayne - Scared Money

This is a sample of what to expect as far as Lil Wayne is concerned. Lil Wayne is the f---ing king of unreleased music. "I wish a MFer would, I chop lumber" so simple yet effective lmao. But in all serious Boi-1da provided a beat PERFECT for these 2 and we have Jeezy and Wayne both on their element and when Jeezy is in his ELEMENT he creates his best music which is why I enjoyed TM104 a lot. Do not know why this wasn't put on TM103 but it should've. Needs another Jeezy or Wayne verse and it'd go even higher.

Apr 27, 2024
  13. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Nov 10, 2019

50 Cent is one rapper from the early 00's I still listen to daily and I am now convinced he is the most underrated rapper of all time. I do not give a single f--- about somebody's technical ability when it comes to rapping but his beat selection, ability to make a SONG and the life gems he drops in each verse have him ranked for me only behind Tupac and Jay-Z.

He has had a better decade than Eminem and an overall much better discography than Eminem. I'm glad I was able to grow up to 50 Cent.

Apr 27, 2024
  14. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Nov 9, 2019
    we now need a @M Solo official top 25 50 Cent songs of all time thread

Apr 27, 2024
  15. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 8, 2019
    GJ @831's Finest—nice, fairly diverse list though a little old school heavy—but I don't blame you, the current era of leaks is absolutely insane to navigate. I also assume this list is simply personal taste (which makes the list line up a lot more from what I know about you as a poster/listener).

More people follow his lead and make dope threads like this!

Ordinary Joel, JEB, Zeugma and 3 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  16. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 8, 2019
    @831's Finest putting a lot of work into this thread, so bannered!

Apr 27, 2024
  17. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 30, 2019
    @Sav Stanfield this thread is a perfect example of why I kinda miss featured threads sometimes. Its not an album, but definitely something pple would wanna see

n9ne, Ordinary Joel, Ricky and 3 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  18. 831's Finest

Oct 30, 2019
    10. 2Pac - Wonder Why They Call U b---- OG (Feat. Faith Evans) (The greatest pettiest rap song of all time)

You can’t deny the godlike savageness of this. f--- a diss record, Pac f----- another rapper’s chick AND had her recording vocals for his own songs. The best part? This not only is a masterpiece as far as Pac verses are concerned (Great beat and sample choice too), the content and title could be taken as VERY descriptive of his own feature. Nobody in rap has ever had this happen. Imagine if 2Pac put this version on All Eyez On Me. Holy f---ing s--- that beef could’ve been even more crazy.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Apr 27, 2024
  19. Sav Stanfield

Oct 28, 2019
    @831's Finest any chance you could upload a link for all of these when the list is done?

Limassacre, Zeugma, KPD and 3 others like this.
    Limassacre, Zeugma, KPD and 3 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  20. 831's Finest

Oct 25, 2019
    16. KiD CuDi - Goodbye

Easily one of his best songs ever, the rare pissed off KiD CuDi appears on Goodbye. Don’t know the original source but why this never got an official release confuses me to this day. I love the intro on this too, one of my favorite 2Pac quotes from the movie Juice.

Apr 27, 2024