Mixing/Mastering by MichaelsMad

Started by MichaelsMad, Apr 13, 2020, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. MichaelsMad

Apr 13, 2020
    anybody interested in letting me mix/Master some tracks for them? no charge. im trying to work on networking with it and wanna build a catalogue. it could be something you've already released and you just send me the beat (preferably the Wav but im good with mixing to those loud a--- 2 tracks from youtube as well) and all the vocal stems (dry, un processed) be a big help if you know how to export those the right way to where they line up and are all labeled lol. but if its one you've already released send me all of that and the version you put out as a reference, or send me something new youre working on.

hopefully someones down to let me do it. I like looking at other peoples work and seeing what I can do with it, its a nice break and change of pace from mixing my own stuff. if youre interested let me know, ill DM you the email to send it all to. and if you have pro tools, you can just send me the PT session as well. I have Waves entire catalogue of plug Ins except for some of the abby road and manny stuff. also have the sound toys effect rack, and Ozone 8. so I have a lot of tools to play around with. let me know!

ItsPwizz and FiveOh1 like this.
    ItsPwizz and FiveOh1 like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Apr 13, 2020
    I got one you can mix, I had someone else mix it and @ItsPwizz wasn’t happy with how they did his verse so you can take a crack at it and see if you can please his picky a---

ItsPwizz and MichaelsMad like this.
    ItsPwizz and MichaelsMad like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. ItsPwizz

ItsPwizz PlayWryte

Apr 14, 2020
    Lmao being picky isn’t a bad thing yo

FiveOh1 and MichaelsMad like this.
    FiveOh1 and MichaelsMad like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. MichaelsMad

Apr 14, 2020
    No it's not lol. I sent that mix back. But 2 things. On huudi verse when he says he copped the charger. That sound effect was in the same file as his vocal. Idk how that happened but I couldnt do anything to that part. And play, did you have a delay recorded into your verse? There was a constant going on the track. So I ended up making a send for a 1/32nd delay to cover it up, I ran the delay through a reverb and turned the gain down on it, kinda just gave the vocal some body and depth.

FiveOh1 likes this.
    FiveOh1 likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. ItsPwizz

ItsPwizz PlayWryte

Apr 14, 2020
    And nah I never use delays for anything

FiveOh1 likes this.
    FiveOh1 likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Apr 14, 2020
    Yeah I knew you’d have trouble with the sound effect but that was all I had as that’s how he sent it to me.
    And all of the vocals should have been raw idk why Play’s would’ve had a delay on it.
    Anyway I just listened it sounds good imma send it to PlayWryte and see if he likes it.

MichaelsMad and ItsPwizz like this.
    MichaelsMad and ItsPwizz like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. ItsPwizz

ItsPwizz PlayWryte

Apr 14, 2020
    @MichaelsMad mix sounded good

MichaelsMad likes this.
    MichaelsMad likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. MichaelsMad

Apr 15, 2020
    @ItsPwizz @FiveOh1 glad you all liked it. and yeah on the end of your verse esp last bit you can tell theres the delay, from you tried to off me----" its more apparent. but like I said I just created a stereo send to the Hdelay, used a 32nd note delay, ran that thru a reverb and adjusted the send level, kinda just beefed up the vocal. I do that sometimes with delays, you can use a 64, 32, sometimes a 16th note delay to thicken a vocal up. but I didn't think what I did was great but its good practice for me. im getting good at things for my voice and style to when im writing I know some of the things ill use, but I need to get better at other ppls vocals.

but yo how tf did that effect get placed on the same track as his vocal? that was wild to me lol. sounded like he played that on his phone while he was recording or something lol. ida loved if it wasn't on there ida had fun putting in sound effects and s--- for him.

but thanks again for letting me do that. if yall finish anything else up id love to do it for practice. you don't even have to put my version out if you don't like it that's straight, im just tryna get better. is huudi a member on here?

FiveOh1 and ItsPwizz like this.
    FiveOh1 and ItsPwizz like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Apr 15, 2020
    Naw he’s not. He’s not really a internet person or very tech savvy, I’m still teaching him how to use his DAW lol. I mix all his s--- so I’ll hit him up and tell him when he needs stuff mixed to send it to you if you want

ItsPwizz likes this.
    ItsPwizz likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Apr 17, 2020
    @MichaelsMad I have another track you could mix if you wanted.
    Just something I got bored and threw together in 5 minutes.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Apr 26, 2020
    @MichaelsMad you still up to mix some s---?

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024