Westside Gunn Ready to release Griselda's 1st Movie 'Conflicted'

Started by Detroit24, Jun 23, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Detroit24

Jun 23, 2020
    Westside Gunn’s Griselda Records is looking to join the lineage of rappers releasing low-budget, cult classic films. The Griseldamastermind hyped up his crew’s upcoming flick Conflicted via Instagram, sharing a trailer of the movie starring Benny The Butcheron Monday (June 22).

“The FIRST MOTION PICTURE from GRISELDA FILMS ‘CONFLICTED’ executive prod by @getbenny written by @dueceking62 and Directed by @iam_akreedfilms THIS IS A CLASSIC!!!!!!” Westside wrote in the caption. “When Master P Did [I’m Bout It] showing u the N.O. And HOV made ‘Streets is Watching’ showing u BK, and Camron made ‘KILLA Season’ showing u Harlem, GRISELDA & CONFLICTED shows u Buffalo…. we’re taking it back to when ppl stole your DVDs.

“I’ve literally watched this movie Everyday since it’s completion..the story, the acting, the shots everything is A1, I promise u you will watch this 50x like any other classic in the streets I’m so Happy and Proud of everybody who participated in the making of this Film, When this Drop everything changing, What GRISELDA did for Music will be the same way for Film it’s All about the ART… WELCOME TO BUFFALO.”

He concluded, “@getbenny acted his a--- off.”

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBv-lLKFASH/?utm_source=ig_embed

As WSG noted, Benny is also serving as the film’s executive producer. His co-stars include Westside, Michael Rapaport, J Holiday and Adiyon Dashalon. The movie is directed by AK.Reed Films, whose work can be seen in the independent releases Hunger Pangs and Pure on Amazon Prime Video.

Griselda’s venture into film adds the crew to the list of rappers and collectives who’ve produced their own movies. Cash Money’sBaller Blockin, Roc-A-Fella’s State Property and Three 6 Mafia’s Choices are just a few other notables besides the ones mentioned in Westside’s post.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jun 23, 2020
    WTF. Benny, FLYGOD and Rapaport in one movie?

Classic already.

Ordinary Joel and Detroit24 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Detroit24 like this.
    Mar 29, 2024