Madlib Produced Black Star album Not Coming Out

Started by Trackz, Jul 8, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Trackz

Trackz BARCODE

Jul 8, 2020
    Talib Kweli has revealed that the much anticipated new Black Star album produced by Madlib is probably not coming out ever. Talib dropped the shocking news after a fan tweeted how excited he/she was to hear the new project. In a response, the veteran New York emcee said, “too many interlopers and culture vultures in the way. The album been done for over a year. I paid for the whole album myself. Too many greedy people in the way stopping us from working with Madlib. I wash my hands of it at this point.”

Later, he also expanded on it in the caption of his Instagram post, reiterating that some “culture vultures” are standing in the way of the release. He didn’t take any names but it looks like he’s pointing to some executives.

“I’m tired of being silent about this. I tried my best y’all. Flew around the globe. Paid for this out of pocket. All for the culture. I’m a fan of Black Star too. I want to see this come out as bad as y’all do, or more. But people who never made a beat, never wrote a rhyme in they life got they fingers in the pie and are being disrespectful to what me and my brothers built. It’s in Gods hands now. I’m on to other things, life is too short to be disrespected by culture vultures. Maybe y’all will get to hear this album after I’m gone.”

Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 8, 2020
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT'S f---ing BAD NEWS. d---. :emoji_rage::emoji_rage::emoji_rage:

Album done and some fucken peasants are blocking this? Really?

:emoji_rage::emoji_rage::emoji_rage:

2020 went too far at this point.

f---.

Trackz and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Trackz and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jul 8, 2020
    :mjcry:

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.