Eminem Best Posts: Rate each album (eminem)

1. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 17, 2020
    Hold up did you just say Eminem was in his prime on the Bad Meets Evil album? You deserve to be banned for that. :dead3:

Apr 19, 2024
  2. joeyp363

Jul 17, 2020
    Wtf are you r-----ed? Guy has Revival at a 5/10. Gtfo of here. Album is a 10/10 and his best by far.

so of course it’s not me.

Mothrfckr, gdot, ThugLifer and 6 others like this.
    Mothrfckr, gdot, ThugLifer and 6 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. joeyp363

Jul 17, 2020
    Infinite 0/10
    SSEP 2/10
    SSLP 1/10
    MMLP 1/10
    Devils Night 4/10
    TES 1/10
    8 Mile 2/10
    D12 World 5/10
    Encore 6/10
    Curtain Call 2/10
    Re-Up 9/10 (Bobby Creekwater)
    Relapse 9/10
    Recovery 7/10
    h---: The Sequel 9.8/10
    MMLP2 9.6/10
    ShadyXV 9.9/10
    Southpaw 9.9/10
    Revival 10/10
    Kamikaze 1/10
    MTBMB 0/10

attila, aleeex1923, DKC and 4 others like this.
    attila, aleeex1923, DKC and 4 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress Next Up... Em! April 26th.

Jul 21, 2020
    Infinite - 6/10: solid lyricism, performances and songs top to bottom; really I only deduct points for the production. Not even the cliche ''sounds like AZ & Nas'' thing; first of all most rappers sound like each other, I think he gets overly harsh critique (he himself says it, I know) on that due to being white - the title track sounds a lot like AZ... hardly any of it like Nas (not sure what Nas anybody else is listening to), other than just being a bit laid-back.

He Still has many unique aspects to his writing, rhyming and delivery which is nothing like either of them, and great songwriting (like 'It's OK').

If the production was top-notch and not so muddy and low quality and everything was mixed clearly... could easily be a classic.

The Slim Shady LP - 9/10: Classic. Introduction to a character, comedic genius, great songs, consistent throughout - one of the great rap debuts.

The Marshall Mathers LP - 10/10: Earth-shatteringly brilliant, zeitgeist of an album - what Tarantino's 'Pulp Fiction' is to him, and film. And an era. He will never come close to the masterpiece again, but, thank god it exists.

The Eminem Show - 9/10: Third classic in a row, interesting departure from previous two albums in style, actual tasteful (vs. recent years' cheese) dabbling in rap-rock; also quite interesting how there's actually a ton of styles going on here, in terms of production and sound - you have kind of heavy-rock/metal rap with "White America", you have stripped-back piano with "Cleanin' Out My Closet", a totally new kind of... barn-dance rap with "Square Dance", stadium rap-rock with "Sing for the Moment", disco-rap with "Without Me"... yet it all works. Definitely his best effort in terms of pulling off the most things at once, everything holds-up to this day and is an extremely enjoyable and well-rounded album.

Encore - 5/10: Some good songs, some bad songs, we all know the story. Could have been good, but it wasn't. Still, compared to some of the absolute cringe and drudge which was yet to come... it's like a 10 in comparison. But, in actuality... half-n-half. He ruined a potentially good album by being a child.

Relapse - 8/10: Near-classic. If it ended at "Deja Vu"... absolutely perfect closer, and if it wasn't ruined with the songs made for other albums which stick out like a sore-thumb... it would be basically perfect to me. Regardless, even with those flaws, it's completely unique and brilliant both in production and rapping.

Recovery - 7/10: Good, sometimes great album. Production actually isn't 'bad' when I re-listen, I think there's just too much going on, the beats are too busy - especially when mixed with Em's busy raps and shouty delivery... there's no contrast, so you just have this feeling which is kind of like metal music (which I can't stand) where it's just BLAHAJHAHAJHAKAHKAJAJHAJ. If the production was stripped down more and contrasted his strong vocals... could have been something special, not to mention please get rid of those s-----y tinny drums aka Alex Da Kid.

With all that said - some great songs, great moments and actually very consistent, despite some truly awful lines.

MMLP2 - 7/10: Some of his best rapping ever, some great songs, some good and a few bad; basically no bad rapping (a few bad lines aside), lots of interesting styles and got a lot of mileage out of the songs at the time; rapping along was fun for years. Some really all-time great Em songs, but as an album - completely ruined for the same reason the next dizaster would be - trying to be all things to all people - trying to mix totally different tones and styles together... as well as cheesy hooks and blatant chart-reaching - I just wish he didn't do it on an album titled this.

Revival - 3/10: The worst of all his tendancies built from Recovery to this point: terrible hooks, pop pandering, awful punchlines and mixing too many styles. His admitted MO even with this album was 'something for everyone' which is just an abysmal MO for any art - in particular an artist founded on the principle of being uncompromising. MMLP is a masterpiece in part for the very fact it is UNBALANCED, it is not something for everyone - it's one thing - it's a bullet to your head start to finish, it's uncompromising and that is a VISION. Not trying to f---ing focus-group different versions of yourself for different demographics...

Truly awful and sad to look at this vs. what Eminem started as... talk about the dwindling of a brilliant artist - a sad portrait of a genius sanded down and tap dancing to the tune of A&R's aka Paul. Depressing to sit through, a real drudge and dud - his only true DUD of an album. Thankfully he bounced back.

Kamikaze - 8/10: Very, very good. All it's missing is one or two WOW concepts aka like 'Darkness'. If it had, it might be a classic to me - because in terms of the rapping, the music and the songs... all stellar and it's a very cohesive album.

When it came out, I couldn't believe - not only how good it was point-blank - but the fact Em had reeled back what he had sadly became, and also how short the album was, which I think was a really good show of restraint I didn't believe he had in him. He'd done too many 70 odd minute albums and with him trying to 'balance' everything all the time... kept ruining albums with a handful of songs, which if wiped-off - would have improved the whole expreince ten-fold.

Rapping is top notch. Production is top-notch, exactly what I wanted to hear: stripped back - exactly what Recovery WASN'T. I think trap beats (and I knew they would) work so well for Em because of this fact - his vocals are so strong and his raps are so dense... you can't also have dense music, it provides no contrast - you just need very simple bounce, but you can still great amazing atmosphere with this type of music as we see on "Not Alike". Also the return of his ACTUAL funny humour; non-forced and actually witty as is scattered throughout, like on 'The Ringer' with the whole 'colourblind' thing. Vintage Em.

Great album. Great rebound.

Music to be Murdered By - 8.5/10: Great album. Not much to complain about - nice continuation of what he started with 'Kamikaze', is kind of like that line but he expanded on it; wrote some great concepts with "Darkness" and "Never Love Again", experimented a little more, actually utilised some RAP features... well and created some lovely new rap music.

Also successfully mixed together some different styles, whilst keeping it all cohesive - not like slapping a bunch of songs clearly made in entirely different timeframes or just baselessly in their own line - together. Here, all the songs feel like they were made for the same project, through his rap styles vs. the production, which he hadn't successfully done since Recovery IMO and even then... wasn't well-executed.

Really, I'd say it's the first long, varied album, which is impressive on many levels and also mixes a few different sounds - very well - with the whole thing feeling cohesive - since The Eminem Show.

Truly rebounded now, two great albums in a row.

Hopefully the next is a stone-cold classic. But, the previous two may even age to be for me, particularly 'Murder.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. rapmusik

Jul 18, 2020
    Infinite - 6/10
    SSLP - 8/10
    MMLP - 9/10
    TES - 9.5/10
    Encore - 4/10
    Relapse - 4/10
    Recovery - 7.5/10
    MMLP2 - 7/10
    Revival - 2/10
    Kamikaze - 7/10
    MTBMB - 8/10

Apr 19, 2024
  6. gdot

Jul 17, 2020
    You know this list is bad when Recovery is number one and Kamikaze is a point above Revival.

Apr 19, 2024
  7. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 17, 2020
    98th thread about rating Em albums......

Apr 19, 2024
  8. William Onyeabor

Jul 18, 2020
    Hey man, yeah thanks. I have fond memories of making this album. Probably the most fun I’ve had making an album.

Ricky, DKC and RetiredAccount like this.
    Ricky, DKC and RetiredAccount like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 18, 2020
    @Bobby Creekwater

aleeex1923, Z Gangsta and Ricky like this.
    aleeex1923, Z Gangsta and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. VR46

VR46 Kamikaze

Jul 18, 2020
    Only rating his solo major albums

Sslp 9
    Mmlp10
    Tes 10
    Encore 6
    Relapse 8.5
    Recovery 6.5
    Mmlp2 7
    Revival 3
    Kamikaze 7,5
    Mtbmb 8.5

Marshall III, Z Gangsta and Ricky like this.
    Marshall III, Z Gangsta and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 17, 2020
    This has been done a thousand times but just wanted to stop buy to say your infinite and MMLP scores are crazy. It's mad how divided Eminems fans are. Encore wasn't great but it was better than 2/10 for me, I'd probably go to a 5 minimum. And Relapse is 8 maybe even 9. I have a strange liking for Relapse. Have since it dropped. Especially if we include Refil

Apr 19, 2024