Best Posts: M Solo's OFFCIAL Nutrition and Fitness AMA Thread

1. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Jul 26, 2020
    So this is a great question to show where my current stance on nutrition is and has been for about the last decade. What you posted appears to be a text book "clean" diet. Some of you may remember I used to subscribe to the clean eating thing but unfortunately I was way off the mark(the entire industry was and tbh MOST still are).

The fact of the matter is there are no good or bad foods. Our body does not have an indicator that goes "That was a clean food. We're storing that as muscle" or "Well you just ate a Snickers bar so we're storing that as fat." Our bodies are smart as h--- but they are not that smart. The ONLY thing our bodies give a s--- about are numbers. Your calories HAVE to be on point for your goals and from there your macronutrients(Protein, Carbs and fats) MUST be partitioned correctly. So what I practice along with every single client who comes to me is called flexible dieting. It's also known as IIFYM(If It Fits Your Macros) but I don't use that term because of the negative connotations that come along with it.

Essentially, flexible dieting means that you have a set, daily macronutrient allowance and so long as you hit your numbers it does not matter where the food comes from. It's the ideal way to diet in my eyes because it is second to none when it comes to efficiency as well as sustainability. What you'll find is there are a LOT of "dirty foods" that you can actually fit into a diet and on the flipside there are a lot of "clean" foods that are loaded with calories unbeknownst to the poor individual who thinks they are eating healthy.

Why did I tell you all of this? Because I have no idea if your diet is good or bad. If you get the time what you should is download MyFitnessPal and track a single day on your diet. It's super easy to use and shows all of your macronutrient totals. Once you do that come back to this thread and let me know your macro totals along with your height, weight and age and I'll be happy to advise you from there!

Mar 29, 2024
  2. M Solo

Jul 26, 2020
    I will answer every single question in this thread. I was overwhelmed with new clients this week. My bad guys.

No questions will be ignored though I promise you all that.

Fire Squad, Mimi, Chrollo and 6 others like this.
    Fire Squad, Mimi, Chrollo and 6 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. M Solo

Jul 17, 2020
    So I went down the rabbit hole at RB last night and came across this same thread I made there 13 years ago. While it was good information at the time(and far better than most fitness professionals give out today) I still cringed hard AF at almost all of the advice I gave out. I guess that's the problem with evolving and improving.

Either way I need to redeem myself so if you're trying to lose weight, get shredded, whatever- I'm literally one of the best in the world at what I do and I'll give away any and everything in this thread. Take advantage of it.

skip, BIGFOOT, JMG and 5 others like this.
    skip, BIGFOOT, JMG and 5 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jul 26, 2020
    Will do that! I've been a vegetarian for almost one and a half years but I'm also a notoriously bad eater and I rarely cook for myself. But since the lockdown I got more into vegetarian cuisine and I'm trying to get the best out of it, instead of just sticking to the same old meals :emoji_sweat_smile: And nice that you made the jump to veganism! We shouldn't close our eyes when it comes to animals suffering because of the excessive consumation of meat.

Mar 29, 2024
  5. M Solo

Jul 17, 2020

You are correct in that they both compliment each other nicely but ultimately nutrition is going to be far more important. You cannot out work a bad diet.

M.I.C., Mimi, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    M.I.C., Mimi, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. skip

Nov 2, 2020
    This is all super informative, preciate this thread

I’ve been having p bad stomach issues since roughly December 2018, basically not being able to hold as much food as I used to and getting huge build ups of stomach acid I have to vomit out (sometimes going days w/o, sometimes 3/4 times a day)

I’m sure a portion of that has to do with my alcohol and drug intake, and I just ate like absolute dog s--- for the first 22 years of my life basically lmao so I know years of Cheetos and nacho cheese for lunch have prob corroded my insides, but do u have any recs on easily obtainable foods that aren’t too acidic, or otherwise do something to balance that out?

I’ve been eating apples and grapes in the morning and finding that my heartburn virtually disappears for the first part of the day as long as I stick to that and water, and my stomach feels a lot more settled. Idk the exact process behind that happening so idk which foods I should look into incorporating, not sure if this is too vague to be properly answered but either way thanks for the info @M Solo

Mar 29, 2024
  7. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jul 24, 2020
    It’s mostly from what you eat, we all have different metabolisms. In some cases you can walk or do some crazy interval training but it won’t yield those drastic results.

See what could work for you, possibly cut certain calories and try seeing if either a low carb or low fats diet is right for you. Examine how your body reacts and if any changes do end up happening. They most important thing is that you feel healthy!

Mar 29, 2024
  8. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Sep 29, 2021
    I've turned into a fat s--- over the last 9 months. I need to sort this out. I keep telling myself to do something about it and then I just don't. Seriously lacking motivation. It's not like I don't know the benefits, I lost 4 stone/25 kilos in 2018 so I know the art of the possible. I just can't get going right now.

KMurda, Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Step Daddy

Sep 29, 2021
    Will masterbatting affect my gains?

Mar 29, 2024
  10. KMurda

Sep 28, 2021
    Bumping this so we can all get back in shape. Currently doing Arnold’s Golden Six (full body) workout the last couple months. I was doing upper/lower split 6 days a week but took a break after vacation and trying to get back at it.

@M Solo what do you think of this workout to get back into the swing of things? I alternate squats and deadlifts every other lift day.

Ordinary Joel, CARNIFEX and Thy like this.
    Ordinary Joel, CARNIFEX and Thy like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jul 26, 2020
    @M Solo lots of people left hanging here at the moment man.

Mar 29, 2024
  12. Mimi

Mimi the art of doing nothing

Jul 26, 2020
    Once you know where to look it becomes a lot easier. I would even recommend r/vegan and just typing in the search bar 'protein' . I was vegetarian from 16 - 26, 26 - now (31) Ive been vegan. If you ever have any questions or anything, never hesitate to ask, Im always more than happy to help. Just also wanna say thank you ❤︎ your diet choices mean a lot ❤︎

I dont know if you use tofu much, but its greet to have a designated tea towel or two to press your tofu in. And ALWAYS marinate tofu after pressing.

Mar 29, 2024
  13. M.I.C.

Jul 24, 2020
    The stretching advice you gave me in like 2008 literally saved my knees

Mar 29, 2024