Best Posts: Unpopular Life Opinions

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 20, 2020
    You’re not obligated to have respect for anyone because they’re X. That includes family. A bad person is a bad person.

asvdawg, Vos, Reed Richards and 10 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Sep 16, 2020
    lmao

Apr 26, 2024
  3. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jul 20, 2020
    For all it's intentions for increased interactivity, social media (and the people who run it) sent us back 300 years as a species

asvdawg, hargydon, Mudkip and 7 others like this.
    asvdawg, hargydon, Mudkip and 7 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Jul 20, 2020
    Should normalize kids speaking up for themselves vs adults. So many adults think they just have a right to be disrespectful af toward kids & not have to hear anything back.

Apr 26, 2024
  5. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 20, 2020
    Alcohol is pointless.

Apr 26, 2024
  6. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Jul 20, 2020
    IPA beer tastes horrible

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 31, 2020
    On the topic of the OP, maybe this isn't unpopular but I feel like people on social media (I'm talking people i personally know) who ALWAYS post/share positivity stuff and motivational/happy quotes along with s--- about valuing yourself and cutting off toxic people (f---ing hate that word now) are in fact not happy and themselves are emotionally unstable wrecks. Meanwhile people I know who seem genuinely happy and stable never post any of those things. Also, people who only post memes 24/7 are depressed as f--- but have accepted it don't pretend to project things differently because they're beyond the point of caring what people think, so they aren't annoying like the forced positive vibes anti-toxic bunch

Also, people who go on about not having or rarely using social media and calling people who do post lots of photos validation seeking attention whores (which may or may not be true depending on the person) are actually just mad because their lives aren't interesting enough to post anything or they are insecure about their looks to post selfies. I'm not saying everyone who doesn't use social media is like this, just those who always trash people who do use social media or brag about how they rarely post. Like, yeah yeah you're so cool for never having posted anything since 2015, you ugly boring f---

Worm, Sign Language, Enigma and 6 others like this.
    Worm, Sign Language, Enigma and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 20, 2020
    Like I said if you’re genuinely passionate about your career right out the gate then go for it! But the office is always gonna be there. Enjoy your life and your youth.

hargydon, Mudkip, Alpha and 6 others like this.
    hargydon, Mudkip, Alpha and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 20, 2020
    The biggest lie they sell you is telling you to go balls deep in your career or to be “career-driven” right out of college. There are obviously people with admirable goals who get started right out the gate (and being self-driven and having good work ethic is extremely valuable). But most of the time, encouragement to “work hard” is encouragement to make money for a boss (maybe not your direct boss, but someone high up) who sees you as something quantifiable—whether that be in terms of your productivity or even seeing you as a flat out business expense.

f--- that. Don’t waste your youth grinding for someone who doesn’t give two s----s about you. Chances are you might have to work at a place like that—I certainly did—but don’t ever feel like you need to stay and get promoted or whatever because it’s what you “should” be doing at this age. I can’t tell you (I hope you know I’m talking into the ether and not to you enigma lol) what to do with your time because only you know that. But what I can tell you is that you’ll never regret spending your 20s doing what you WANT to do, but you will regret sitting in an office grinding for Jeff Bezos. It’s never too late to get started on your career or even start a completely new one.

Altereagle416, Koke, Mudkip and 6 others like this.
    Altereagle416, Koke, Mudkip and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Enigma

Jul 26, 2020
    Dating to marry is dumb. You put so much pressure & expectations on your relationship, it’s almost like you’re setting it up to fail. Dating is all about experiences & growth. If that takes you to marriage so be it but just because a relationship doesn’t end in marriage, doesn’t make it a failed experiment.

JulnHT, DKC, Alpha and 5 others like this.
    JulnHT, DKC, Alpha and 5 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 21, 2020
    I work from home and my partner goes to so for me, it's sort of opposite. I think it's a case of having a role that works for you. If you're both happy, that's all that truly matters.

Apr 26, 2024
  12. Alpha

Alpha

Oct 26, 2020
    Having or respecting one's own principles, ethics and morals is underrated in today's world. A lot of people seem to forget about these or cast them aside just for the sake of moments of fun or simply just doing whatever to the point where they devalue/degrade themselves/their worth or status without realizing. Lack of respect to the self & their own value.

Apr 26, 2024
  13. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 20, 2020
    Mos def. I don’t mean to say you shouldn’t think about where you’re going. I did the corpo thing for a couple years, it was cool for a minute just to have that stable 9-5 but I started to hate it so I devised a plan to use connects from that as a springboard into freelancing. I think there is value in those types of jobs because it can teach you whether or not you can thrive or stand to be in those environments and also show you what a “real” job is like post-college. Some people like those environments. It’s def not for me though.

I’m a white guy from a middle class family so I have had it much easier than many people in this country. And not everyone can afford to travel and such—plus I totally get some people who grew up in less ideal circumstances really just want that stable job/money post-college and there’s nothing wrong with that—in fact I encourage that, give yourself some breathing room! And it can be worth it to work for a few years at a job you’re not crazy about to save up some money to go on a trip or start your own business or whatever you wanna do.

I’ve just watched my younger cousins grind at decent paying jobs they hate, afraid to even ask for a couple weeks off in a row to go on a trip or whatever because “they’re needed at work.” I hate that “always work” American mindset. Everyone needs a break and room to breathe.

Mudkip, Alpha, Ordinary Joel and 4 others like this.
    Mudkip, Alpha, Ordinary Joel and 4 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Enigma

Jul 20, 2020
    Going to college just to get a good paying job is stupid. If you’re going to college, major in something you’re interested in. If you just want a good paying job, learn a trade, get a union job.

Apr 26, 2024
  15. Enigma

Jul 31, 2020
    -1/10 opinion tbh. I mean people travel for different reasons. It could be for work, experience different culture, enjoy different weather etc. Most people aren’t soul searching or trying to change themselves through traveling.

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 26, 2020
    All those stories from people that had a few years relationship, saying 'all wasted time because in the end she (speaking from male pov) wasn't the one'

Get the f--- out of here, if you had a good time together and it ended in a break up, that doesn't change the good times u had w the other person.

hargydon, DKC, Alpha and 3 others like this.
    hargydon, DKC, Alpha and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jul 24, 2020
    Spot on. If someone's a c---- they're a c----.

Apr 26, 2024
  18. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 24, 2020
    MILF >>> Teen

Apr 26, 2024
  19. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jul 24, 2020
    We as a society have instilled a convoluted doctrine of “if you’re lonely, you’re miserable!” that couldn’t be anymore erroneous

Too each their own, there are benefits to committing yourself to another half & likewise, to echo everything my brudda @Enigma said, to just sticking around and going solo. Being absolutist in any shape or format denies you the chance to look at different perspectives. Break the cycle and live your lives on your own terms!

In my case, I’m honestly fiercely independent to a fault, the idea of spending my life with another person just...doesn’t appeal to me.

Alpha, Ordinary Joel, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Alpha, Ordinary Joel, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Enigma

Jul 23, 2020
    I’ll one up this one: no one should live their life trying/anticipating on finding a significant other. If it happens, it happens but so many people, women especially, are so hard on themselves for not having a significant other. Especially when they approach their mid 20s. I assume it’s the pressure of gender norms (women are suppose to have kids, care for their family etc.) but it just makes life so much more difficult. It’s also just overall bad for your health. You need to be able to be content & happy by yourself. If you can’t do that, that’s a huge problem.

Apr 26, 2024