Eminem Best Posts: Snoop dogg BETRAYS Eminem says he's NOT top 10 in hiphop

1. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 29, 2020
    He practically said Em is only good because of Dre. Because a black man helped him. This some racist as f--- s---.

Apr 26, 2024
  2. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Jul 30, 2020
    did you guys notice he said "one thou-wow" lol

to me ranking rappers by discography is a bad method. biggie has 2 albums. there's no way you can compare that to someone like jay-z who has over 10. outkast is awesome but had they made more than just 5 albums they would very likely have some weak ones.

this is why i hate the idea that "eminem's legacy is tarnished because of some of the albums he put out in the last decade". naturally when an artist keeps making music over and over again they are going to have some average or even below average records. there are legendary artists in music that have made 20 albums or more and obviously there are several weak ones. but the point is the great stuff they crafted is what raised them to legendary status in the first place

Apr 26, 2024
  3. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Jul 31, 2020
    It seems to me that, to a lot of people but especially to black people in hip hop, relatable = good. Every time people explain why eminem is not on their list they say things like "i cant relate to him hating his mother, serial killer thing", etc. Snoop is like that too.

Its almost like you can make a s-----y, simple song thats relatable and automatically its better than Stay Wide Awake because of the content.

Well, let me tell you, you have to start distinguishing relatable from good. I can't relate to a guy killing his old landlord with an axe, but Crime and Punishment is a brilliant book.

...and I can relate to nerds who can't get a date, but The Big b--- Theory sucks

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jul 31, 2020
    ^ lol

Apr 26, 2024
  5. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jul 29, 2020
    his opinion is fine. The funny part tho is how he said Dre helped Em find his best self which Dre also did for Snoop lol

Apr 26, 2024
  6. rapmusik

Jul 30, 2020
    betray? nah he's speaking his mind and his opinion, albeit a bit aggressively. you don't HAVE to have Em in your top lists to respect him. Snoop has made it clear over the years that he respects Em. He even posted a pic of them together months ago. to take any malice out of this is a bit ridiculous.

when has eminem ever put Snoop in his top 5 list?

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jul 30, 2020
    You think snoop smoked an ounce and drew this himself?? He just posted it cause he was in it

Apr 26, 2024
  8. lil uzi vert stan

Jul 30, 2020
    Snoop has always been dismissive of Eminem IMO, b---- Please sequel aside. This isn't the first time he's diminished him, or his place in rap. Could be interpersonal, could be skin, idk. @Donkey Kong Cuntry has a point though - rap's mostly been about spotlighting the black experience in America. Though that bottomline sometimes undercuts the role of international, latino voices too IMO. So it's not wholllllllllllly African American. And, as its been said, Eminem represented a LMC and working class segment of hip hop in a way that , sayy, Beastie Boys never did, and even some black artists didnt. So, i dunno, it's a tent. I think Snoop is being fair in his assessment - ten is a finite number - but he's also clearly being a dusty HHH, and it's twinged with that somewhat-jealous eyeroll sensation of a peer who probably finds the cultish hype around Em annoying.

Also, I think the strike against Future is he's kind of like an R&B infused rap hybrid. To me anyway. Feels weird to put him in the same category as KRS etc. Just my take.

Apr 26, 2024
  9. pHiLLip fARkLe

pHiLLip fARkLe @farkdoodle

Jul 31, 2020
    Can we please bring back exposures for this bs

Apr 26, 2024
  10. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jul 30, 2020
    Snoop wouldn't put Future in his top 10 at all either. He actually ripped him and migos apart lol

Apr 26, 2024
  11. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Jul 29, 2020
    Snoop Dogg is not on anyone's top list

Ordinary Joel, Sn0wY, Intel and 6 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Sn0wY, Intel and 6 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Jul 30, 2020

Eminem looks exactly like this lesbian woman that works out at my gym.

Apr 26, 2024
  13. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Jul 30, 2020
    I don't think Snoop has ever totally been comfortable with Em. He has a history of making these kinds of remarks over the years. Almost like he tries to bait Em every few years.

Apr 26, 2024
  14. Buddha

Jul 29, 2020
    Didn’t snoop say Slick Rick was the greatest rapper ever? I’m willing to bet almost all of the rappers in snoops top 10 are people from the 80s to early 90s more so than anyone who came after that era. I don’t think the main reason em isn’t in his top 10 is because he’s white, it’s because he came almost a decade after his favorite era ended.

Just like my Top 10 is mostly people from the 90s to early 2000s. But if you ask someone who is 10-15 years younger than me, their top 10 will probably include people from the late 2000s into the 2010s (for example, most of their lists will probably include Wayne and/or drake).

I don’t know if I explained myself correctly but I think it’s just whatever era you love most is what will influence your top 10 the most.

asvdawg, BIGFOOT, Z Gangsta and 5 others like this.
    asvdawg, BIGFOOT, Z Gangsta and 5 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. joeyp363

Jul 29, 2020
    Not sure Em would crack my top 10 these days. Revival alone puts him close but idk if he is better than

Tech N9ne
    Logic
    Hopsin
    NF
    Token
    Joyner Lucas
    Ces Cru
    Prozak
    ICP
    Jared Benton
    Kriz Kaliko
    Missy Elliot

Ordinary Joel, JXY, Mudkip and 4 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, JXY, Mudkip and 4 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 29, 2020
    Skin colour is a bs reason to deny somebody a place in anything.

Apr 26, 2024
  17. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Aug 3, 2020
    well yeah before Eminem there was vanilla ice and maybe that guy who sings that “informer licky boom boom down” song? but it’s still safe to say whites weren’t really taken as seriously/respected in the hip hop scene back then

snoop didn’t say Eminem isn’t a good rapper because he’s white he said he was lucky to blow up back then when he did because of Dre. Which is true since he was still washing dishes and stuck in the underground scene while much worse black rappers than Eminem had easier times getting record deals. Even Dre only heard about Eminem because of that interscope employee or whatever who happened to hear Eminem got his tape which eventually made its way to Dre, who saw his skill and potential and had the power and influence to promote and push Eminem to the public.

At the end of the day Eminem’s skills alone (As great as they were) didn’t mean much in those days without some big important people/labels in the rap industry (pretty much entirely black dominated) putting you in the mainstream spotlight. In those days even for blacks it wasn’t that easy. There was no soundcloud you had to know people who know people and be at the right place at the right time

its safe to say Eminem was lucky his tape managed to make its way to dre. Not a black man saves poor hopeless white man thing. More like because of a the way the industry was back then, the stars happened to align just right for eminem and dre.

Apr 26, 2024
  18. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Aug 3, 2020
    I dont have an opinion on this since snoop is literally worth less than the random fiber bean i sometime finds in my s----s

but this is real, if you think snoop is a good rapper...or an ok rapper, you and your opinion is trash

he had one good album and 2 random good songs outside of it in a 30 years span

he became famous based on his gimmick. Thats it. He is the rap Dennis rodman but the difference is Dennis at least had talent

Sn0wY, Z Gangsta, GCasper and 3 others like this.
    Sn0wY, Z Gangsta, GCasper and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Aug 2, 2020
    Well it's true eminem got lucky with dre but dre also got lucky with eminem because back then em was actually really good. Dre didn't help eminem become a good lyricist. Dre can't write lyrics to save his life lol. But at this point in time eminem has more bad/mediocre albums than good ones imo so maybe it's not far fetched to say he's since fallen off the top 10 of all time. Having said that, Snoop is even worse. Also 80s rap was f---ing horrible come on. The further back you go the worst the lyrics get.

"I said a hip, hop, the hippie, the hippie, to the hip hip-hop, and you don't stop the rock it to the b----b---, boogie say "up jump" the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat." Nice..

btw nothing snoop said was racist or blamed eminem's skin colour for not being a top 10 lol. It's true that white rappers weren't really taken seriously before eminem isn't it? He just said that applied to eminem too until dre took him, which is true

Apr 26, 2024
  20. Buddha

Jul 31, 2020
    But it’s not just 1 classic imo. He revolutionized the mixtape game and released the single greatest mixtape of all time in Guess Who’s Back. And that alone is one of the greatest rap projects ever released. Plus most of Power of the Dollar is all classic songs (although I’ll grant you this was never officially released). And then he followed up GRODT with the massacre which was a really great album, just not GRODT level.

Post massacre he’s always released at a bare minimum good albums (if not better than good). Plus beg for mercy and all his features? I think it’s fair to put him in the discussion.

Apr 26, 2024