Best Posts: Chrollo presents: songs you should add to your playlist right now

1. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jul 31, 2020
    So this thread is inspired by @Sav Stanfield 's legendary "80 days 80 songs" thread. Since I can't update my "unknown artist" thread every day, I started to think that this would be the perfect way of putting people on stuff they might never heard. I'm not only gonna focus on unknown artists this time because there are a lot of songs of rather known artists which many people just missed. I'm planning to post a new song everyday until I run out (which probably won't happen). Also not just limited to Hip Hop, just generally everything I love listening to. Hope you guys enjoy!

Day 0: Gashi - Upset (feat. Pink Sweat$ & Njomza)

Been obsessed with this song since it came out. Digging the 80s vibe that's been going on lately. Gashi is also mad underrated, shoutout to albania because hella talented people come from there.

Apr 19, 2024
  2. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 3, 2020
    Day 3: Amir Obé - Cigarettes

Another artist who vanished after dropping some beautiful a--- songs. This is a late night summer vibe, grab your girl (or a beer) and take her for a ride (unless you got the beer, then just walk man).

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 13, 2020
    Day 13: TeeJay3k - I Pray

TeeJay3k (not to be mistaken with Teejayx6) is another upcoming rap artist who dropped a great mixtape called Soul Searchin last year. I Pray is featured on this project and focuses on his upbringing in a rough neighborhood and his constant fear of getting hurt or even dying. The reason why this song stands out to me is because you can actually hear the emotion and pain in his voice. The beat is great and compliments his style of rapping. He kinda sounds like Lil Tjay (another Teejay, gosh it's getting complicated) if he wouldn't do brooklyn drill but I don't mind at all.

thegoodguy, DJW, DKC and 5 others like this.
    thegoodguy, DJW, DKC and 5 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 10, 2020
    Day 10: The Game - Rollin (feat. Kanye West, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Trae tha Truth & Z-Ro)

Probably my favorite Game song that he released prior to his Jesus Piece album. The beat is insane, no wonder since Cool and Dre & Kanye himself produced that joint. 2012 Game was a beast and even to this day I like him (yes his constant name-dropping and cloutchasing is cringe as h--- but still).

Apr 19, 2024
  5. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 1, 2020
    Day 1: Bobby Raps - Believe The Lie

First off, this man needs to change his name. s--- sounds like a logic biography. I'm glad I checked him out regardless because this song is amazing. His voice, the beat, the whole vibe is of of this world. And the song seems to be mixed and mastered really good. s--- bangs, no matter what s-----y earpods you use. He was also featured on the new KEY! project, on the song "Boys Don't Cry" which I also really like. Keep an eye on him.

Apr 19, 2024
  6. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 15, 2020
    Day 15: Vince Ash - I-80

Shoutout @The Product for sending me this! Vince Ash gives me a very strong 2Pac vibe, especially voice-wise. I fw it heavy and I had to pick this song for today. Definitely gonna check out his other s--- too!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Antman

Antman No Cap

Aug 13, 2020
    This thread is awesome

Apr 19, 2024
  8. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 11, 2020
    Day 11: Nef The Pharao - Still I Rise (feat. Rexx Life Raj)

Vallejo rapper Nef The Pharao has some great tunes and this is one of my favorites. Featuring Rexx Life Raj who's also an underrated artist (and who might appear in this thread on another day ), this song just feels real and delievers a strong and important message. Not much needs to be said, the song adresses it all and Nef manages to bring an honest approach to a sadly more than current topic while Rexx delievers an amazing hook and verse.

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 7, 2020
    Day 7: Keyon Christ - they don't want us!

Keyon Christ, formerly known as Mitus (producer of Kanyes "FML" and Rihannas "Goodnight Gotham") is one of the most underrates producers out there. His views are criminally low, even though he creates the sound of the future (he made the thing they now call hyperpop, before anybody else). This song is off his 2019 project of the same name and was also a rumored snippet for a kanye x cudi song before he released it.

Apr 19, 2024
  10. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 5, 2020
    Day 5: Mozzy - Winning (feat. Lil Poppa)

Mozzy is on of my favorite rappers coming from the bay. This is a standout track from his 2019 project "Internal Affairs" and both, Mozzy and Lil Poppa are absolutely killing it. I would have posted "I Ain't Perfect", but this is a fairly recent song so I figured most of you have already heard that (if not, check out Mozzy's new album, now!!)

Apr 19, 2024
  11. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Sep 4, 2020
    Day 26: Kash Doll & Ant Clemons - 13th Amendment

Since Detroit rappers are the topic now, I chose a rather unknown Kash Doll song for today. Featured on 27: The Most Perfect Album, which was a project by the More Perfect podcast on WNYC Studios, focusing on the 27 amendments of the United States. Kash and Ant are harmonizing on this song, basically questioning the implementation of the 13th Amendment and the leading to new forms of slavery in form of incarceration. The production is good as well and the song is also enjoyable for people that don't live in the US. For everyone wanting to check the whole project out, I would suggest listening to it through the official site: https://project.wnyc.org/themostperfectalbum/. Here you can read information to every amendment while listening to the assigned song.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 18, 2020
    Day 17: Alison Wonderland - Dreamy Dragon (feat. Chief Keef)

Ok normally I'm not a big fan of electronic dance and hip hop mash ups but I like Alison and Sosa, the godfather of Hip Hop. What can I say, they work surpisingly well together (I promise it's way better than those weird songs on The Cozart even though Shorty is a b-----r). The song is off Alison Wonderlands outstanding album Awake which is super fun to listen to. Other than that she's a humble person, speaks out about mental health and makes great music so check her out.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    DJW, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    DJW, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Aug 13, 2020
    This thread needs to be pinned constantly right at the top of everything.

Apr 19, 2024
  14. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 9, 2020
    Day 9: T-Pain - Rest Of Your Life

T-Pain is a legend. It is as easy as that. He influenced kanye's autotune shenanigans and basically paved the way for the use of autotune in hip hop, even though he got clowned for it (I'm still mad at Hov for dropping D.O.A). Sadly he doesn't get that much attention anymore but he still got it. When he released his mixtape "Everything Must Go" in 2018, I didn't expect much because it was just a compilation of unreleased songs. Oh boy was I pleasantly surprised to find out that this project is flames. One of the projects songs "Rest Of Your Life" should have been a radio hit and it's even more impressive that he also produced the joint. T-Pain will always hold a special place in my heart.

Apr 19, 2024
  15. Sav Stanfield

Aug 9, 2020
    oh s--- this took me back. reminds me a need to revisit Dom's Yellow Tape one of these days, been too long

Apr 19, 2024
  16. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Aug 6, 2020
    Day 6: DJ Mustard - Ice Cream (feat. Dom Kennedy & Ty Dolla $ign)

Early Mustard got clowned for dropping similar sounding songs, but those were just the major ones with artists like Chris Brown, Kid Ink and everyone else, who was poppin in 2014/15. Anyways, his mixtapes got some gems on them, like this one from "10 Summers" . A nice westcoast summer song with Dom effortlessly flowing over the beat and Ty$ sounding good as always.

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Sav Stanfield

Aug 1, 2020
    ive been missing these @awhellno recommendations, keep it going!

Apr 19, 2024
  18. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Feb 13, 2021
    Wifisfuneral - Lost In Time (feat. Coi Leray)

I'm gonna be honest, Wifis sad boy facetat emo image does go over my personal edginess limit sometimes. That being said, I thoroughly enjoy his music and most recently his latest album PAIN?. He allowed himself to experiment a little bit and strayed away from his usual sound, leading to more Pop sounding songs. Lost In Time is a perfect example and does it pretty well. The mellow beat mixed with Wifis calm sing-rap performance and of course the great Coi Leray result in totally fine pop performance to lose oneself in .

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 24, 2020
    Day 49: Dej Loaf - No Fear

Been on a Dej wave since her album dropped yesterday (which is amazing by the way) and next to her good feeling single Liberated with Leon Bridges this might be one of my favorite songs of her. I know there is and always will be an oversaturation of mediocre love songs and I myself aren't a big fan of those by the numbers fake love stories but according to Dej, this song depicts the truth. It doesn't really matter in the end since it's a well made, catchy song which really suits Dej's unique voice and singing ability. Of course she made some solid rap performances too but I like that she doesn't limit herself to just rapping bars and also experiments with more pop-like sounds. ♤

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 20, 2020
    Day 48: Sam Wise - How It Feels

Once again, the youtube algorithm led me to an amazing song and artist. I haven't really talked about it much but I do enjoy a lot of british hip hop/grime, even though I only scratched the surface of this genre. Sam Wise is a british rapper from Kensington, South London and part of the House Of Pharaos collective who got some great stuff in their catalogue (they are kinda like London's Pro Era). How It Feels features Sam Wise rapping over a Playboi Carti'esque ethereal beat and describing how to stay focused during tough times. It's a good feeling song and definitely something I can vibe to. Will keep my eyes on this artist, be sure to do the same and check out his other stuff aswell.

Apr 19, 2024