Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Oct 15, 2020
    This news was definitely a

[​IMG]

Apr 17, 2024
  2. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Oct 15, 2020
    I'm all for this. They really can't ruin it anymore than they did with the last few seasons and finale. Having the showrunner who did season 1-4 is big

Apr 17, 2024
  3. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 9, 2022
    Wow...not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, he needed to die or go to jail and not have another miracle where he dodged death. On the other, Harrison killing him was kind of stupid. Angela knowing where to show up was also lame. I'm glad they had the balls to do it though. They're having some announcement on the series tomorrow. Not sure if Harrison is getting a spin off??

RG9, icecube, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    RG9, icecube, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 24, 2021
    Between this, Succession, and Curb, I'm really enjoying having a sunday night tv ritual again. Definitely miss that in the streaming era.

Mothrfckr, Supersonic, Worm and 3 others like this.
    Mothrfckr, Supersonic, Worm and 3 others like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 9, 2021
    This makes me super hyped—and glad this implies that it's gonna be a one and done season, cuz as much as I'm enjoying this I feel like it could very easily get bad again if it goes on for too long.

Apr 17, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 8, 2021
    Just finished and that was actually really good—I was hesitant about another season for obvious reasons but the OG show runner still got it. He must wanna avenge that s8 ending more than anyone lol

Apr 17, 2024
  7. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Oct 15, 2020
    [​IMG]
    Showtime

Dexter is back to his blood-splattering ways after Showtime ordered a new limited-series revival of the long-running serial-killer drama.

Michael C. Hall, who starred as the title character in the 2006-13 series, is back along with showrunner Clyde Phillips. The premium cable network has handed the series a 10-part run that is set to go into production in early 2021 with a tentative premiere date of fall 2021.

The original followed Dexter Morgan, who was a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami Police Department but moonlighted as a serial killer.

Gary Levine, Co-President of Entertainment at Showtime, said that the network was only willing to revisit the “unique” character if they could find a creative take that was “worthy,” and they have “found it”.

[SPOILER ALERT.] There are no details as to the whereabouts of Hall’s Dexter in the reboot, but the finale of Season 8 saw Dexter having faked his death and living under a new name in Oregon after wrecking his boat and escaping from a hospital with the body of his sister, who had been shot and left in a coma, and having sent his son Harrison and love interest Hannah to live in Argentina.

2020 Showtime Pilots & Series Orders

Hall previously has said that it was a possibility that he would return to the character. The reboot has been long-discussed with former Showtime boss David Nevins, who now is Chief Creative Officer, CBS & Chairman and CEO at Showtime Networks; he said back in 2015 that Dexter was the one show that he would think about continuing.

Phillips joined Dexter after the pilot had been shot and became writer, exec producer and showrunner of Seasons 1-4. He then left the show but was credited as a consultant on the first few episodes of Season 5.

Dexter is produced by Showtime and executive produced by Phillips, Hall, John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton, Bill Carraro and Scott Reynolds.

Dexter is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for Showtime, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago,” said Levine. “We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to s---t it and show it to the world.”

Apr 17, 2024
  8. M.I.C.

Jan 12, 2022
    Seems pretty obvious they switched things up somewhere in the middle and/or filmed different endings. Too much s--- they were setting up ended up pointless which is gonna look pretty ridiculous on a rewatch. The billionaire could easily have been set up as the killer, and they changed course. Dexter has never really done red herrings or made you try to guess who the serial killer is. It was either that or they were setting him up to be Audrey’s Dad. Or both. But Audrey lost her entire personality and became just someone to give Harrison a love interest. The Batista s--- is all bad and weird without it leading to a confrontation with Dexter.

Apr 17, 2024
  9. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 10, 2022
    Kimberly Potts for Rotten Tomatoes: It’s great to talk to you after this amazing season and, as you promised, the shocking, but inevitable finale.

Clyde Phillips: Thank you, I’m really proud of it.

When we talked before the season began, you talked about this great meeting with Michael at his apartment in New York. You said when you laid out for him what you had in mind, he was pretty much on board right away. How detailed, how specific was the story you shared with him? Did he know, for instance, that that the story would evolve towards Dexter making the ultimate sacrifice?

Yes, he understood that. I don’t remember specifically (the details) … that meeting was two and a half years ago. A lot of the emotional underpinning of what happens evolved in the in the writers’ room and particularly for Harrison’s character and the relationship between Dexter and Harrison, and, to use your phrase, for him to make the ultimate sacrifice for his son. I mean, that’s the last line of the whole show, “Let me die so my son can live.”

Had you already decided how exactly Dexter would make the sacrifice? He could have chosen to turn himself in and risk the death penalty or a life sentence. He could have tried to run until a certain point. Or did you specifically want Dexter to die in the end?

Yes, we needed him to, I think. As I think I said to you before, Dexter is an antihero, which is [still] a hero that we like, but he is still a psychotic. And he kills people, and you’re not supposed to k--- people. So it’s, in a way, it’s just desserts. In a way, it’s what has to happen. And as for the specifics of the method of how it happened, that evolved in the writing room. We had great writers, and it’s what we call “best idea wins.” And once again, once you introduce what’s called Chekhov’s “rifle,” people who are paying attention to that kind of stuff … it’s kind of a foreboding, a breadcrumb. And then the trick was to make it honest and authentic, dignified, have its own integrity. And also, I must admit that we were h--- bent to redeem the show from the ending of season 8. I personally think we’ve succeeded. I just watched the show again this morning in preparation for this interview, and I was crying all over again.

It was a very emotional ending, and it felt right, Though obviously, Dexter Morgan is one of the big iconic TV characters of all time, and I’m sure no one took it lightly to k--- him off.

That’s true, thank you. I believe Dexter, and I emphasize the words “I believe,” because I may be wrong, but I believe Dexter is Showtime’s No. 1 asset, and to k--- that character, it’s a huge decision and a mutual decision on the part of Michael, myself, and Showtime.

I really respect my audience. We didn’t want this to be Dexter season 9. We want to acknowledge that 10 years have passed. We didn’t want to pretend that season 8 never happened. We didn’t want him waking up from a dream. All of that was discussed, but all of it was pushed away in the interest of doing the most respectful and authentic show we could for the audience.

Harrison, “born in blood” like his dad, certainly has his own violent episodes, but he also is different from Dexter in some big ways. He doesn’t have to fake his emotions, his affection for people like Dexter did. Harrison very easily shared his affection for Audrey (Johnny Sequoyah), and Logan, and even Kurt (Clancy Brown) when Kurt was acting in a father figure way towards him. When he found out Dexter was a serial killer, the idea that by killing bad people, Dexter was saving the lives of others also meant a lot to him.

Harrison looked at it with the optimism of a teenager, and that was a bit of a surprise for Dexter and, I believe, for the audience.

But he also revealed himself to be capable of violence towards other people. Although that seemed to bond father and son in a weird way, Harrison seemed to conclude that he didn’t have a dark passenger, that his violent tendencies came, instead, from his anger about being abandoned by his dad. That makes sense, and he does have this caring side that he isn’t faking. Do we know yet, for certain, if Harrison has a dark passenger?

No, we’re not saying completely that Harrison doesn’t have the dark passenger. I mean, he breaks that wrestler’s arm, he slashes (Ethan), he commits patricide. There’s somewhere deep in my therapy, there is the notion that all sons, regardless of how healthy their relationship is with their father, they have to k--- their father mentally, metaphorically, in order to move forward with their lives in business and marriage and life. And so, this is that writ large.

As you said, Dexter realized that Harrison was really fixated on Dexter’s killings as this noble action, especially when they talked about leaving Iron Lake and the people Harrison had come to care about for Los Angeles and the serial killer life. In the end, with the rifle pointed at him and Harrison demanding that he make a choice, was that the thing that really allowed Dexter to make that ultimate sacrifice, the idea that with him gone Harrison might have a chance to live a different life?

Yes, that’s really perceptive, because that again comes out in that end voiceover, where Dexter says let me die so that my son can live.

Well, playing off of that, we followed Dexter’s story for nine seasons, across 16 years, There’s certainly more to Harrison’s story, which, in a way, has just begun. Is there any chance that we could see a new drama called Harrison?

No decisions have been made, but I personally am wide open to it, would love to do it, but this is Showtime’s decision, and I think part of what’s going to drive that is not only that it’s a show that is hugely successful right now … but people — I know I do it: when shows drop weekly I save them up and then I binge them. So I think there’s going to be a big boost near the middle of January, as people, after the holidays and whatever else they were watching, sit down and watch all 10 episodes.

And the ending is not only satisfying, but even in its finality for one Morgan man, it leaves us wanting more from the other.

Right, there are a lot of ways that final scene could have gone. (Harrison) could have let his dad go. So there’s something bubbling beneath the surface there. And if Showtime allows me to go forward with it, I can’t wait to explore it.

Apr 17, 2024
  10. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Dec 5, 2021
    [​IMG]

Apr 17, 2024
  11. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Nov 9, 2021
    oh yeah...he hated it

What were your thoughts about the final season?

The show went off the rails. The show was untethered, and the character was untethered. I wasn't in the room, so I can't really criticize anybody for that. Many factors go into what happens between executive producers and network influence. But as an audience member with a vested interest, I thought the show lost its way. I mean, there were videos of people watching the final episode and yelling at their television.

Had the series finale gone differently, would there be a Dexter: New Blood?

Well, if Dexter had died in the final season, we wouldn't be here.

Would you have killed him?

My personal ending for the show was that he was going to be executed for his crimes. He's lying on the table and outside the window are all the people he's killed. That was just in my own head. I never pitched that to anybody.

So much has been said about the series’ original finale, but how do you think fans are going to react to New Blood‘s ending?
    It’s going to be surprising, inevitable and it’s going to blow up the Internet. It is, I personally think, the best thing I’ve written. Our director Marcos Siega, who could not be more experienced and a better friend of the show, thinks it’s the best thing he’s ever directed. I haven’t seen it yet, by the way. I only saw it get shot. We’re editing Episodes 7 and 8 right now, so I haven’t seen 10 yet. I can’t wait, to tell you the truth.

Apr 17, 2024
  12. Tone Riggz

Nov 8, 2021
    Honestly, besides the botched series finale (and final seasons), I think the other reason they brought it back was because they were tired of hearing about You and Dexter being compared to You.

pluto✰, Ordinary Joel, JMG and 2 others like this.
    pluto✰, Ordinary Joel, JMG and 2 others like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  13. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Nov 8, 2021
    I was so disappointed there was no inner monologue at first...and then Matt showed up

Apr 17, 2024
  14. pluto✰

pluto✰ where the opioids?

Nov 7, 2021
    i smiled thru the whole episode, dexter is back y’all 10/10

glad he
    said f--- debs
    at the end. he’ll prolly
    end up doing a hit with his son by the end of the season

Mothrfckr, DKC, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  15. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jun 28, 2021

pluto✰, Ordinary Joel, DKC and 2 others like this.
    pluto✰, Ordinary Joel, DKC and 2 others like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  16. Raziel

Raziel Ice like Paul Wall but I can't take mine out

Jan 9, 2022
    They really needed another 2 or 3 episodes to really do this ending justice

Apr 17, 2024
  17. M.I.C.

Jan 9, 2022
    I feel like the game of thrones comparisons are very fair in that it’s cool if that was where they wanted to end up, just how they got there was a rushed disaster that was completely unearned. Dexter killing Logan like that was completely out of character, how many f---in times have you seen him simply knock somebody out with the same neck lock? He also knew Angela had nothing that would hold up in court against him, she even admitted it. There was no rush necessary to get out. He was shook by f---in Batsista? What? And Harrison is standing on pretty shaky moral ground for a guy who just slit a kids throat and framed him for a school shooting, suddenly he doesnt have a dark passenger?

Apr 17, 2024
  18. M.I.C.

Jan 5, 2022
    cody definitely somewhere getting cucked daily rn

DKC, Raziel, Worm and 1 other person like this.
    DKC, Raziel, Worm and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  19. Tone Riggz

Jan 2, 2022
    Okay, one more week. Don't screw things up twice.

Apr 17, 2024
  20. JMG

JMG Teflon

Dec 7, 2021
    Season has been so satisfying. Wonder if they're is a chance that
    Harrison continues the series

Apr 17, 2024