Eminem Best Posts: EMINEM'S '911' LYRICS SAID TO REFLECT CRIPS' ATTEMPT AT EXTORTING HIM

1. Detroit24

Oct 20, 2020
    Eminem was recruited as a guest vocalist for Boo-Yaa T.R.I.B.E.’s song “911” alongside Cypress Hill’s B-Real in 2003. But according to The Regime rapper Monsta Gunjah — who’s also the nephew of the legendary Samoan rap group — there’s more to the story.

While speaking to Australia’s Fresh 92.7, Monsta G confirmed his uncles also moonlighted as Slim Shady’s security back in the day. He then revealed Eminem was once being extorted by the Crips in Los Angeles, which is reflected in the “911” lyrics.

“That’s how that song ‘Hip Hop is in a state of 9-1-1′ with Boo-Ya T.R.I.B.E. and B-Real, that’s how that song came about because Paul Rosenberg reached out,” Monsta G explains. “He was getting extorted by some Crips. Eminem was getting extorted by some Crips. Maybe he was paying them money and getting bullied, I don’t know the exact details.

“I do know a few phone calls were made and then that’s how the feature came about ’cause they were like, ‘Anything in return, what do you want?’ They’re like, ‘I want a feature from Em, you know what I’m saying?’ If you hear what he says, he’s like, ’40, 50 Samoans,’ he throws the lyrics out

911,” which appeared on the Boo-Ya T.R.I.B.E. album West Koastra Nostra, begins with Eminem’s verse.

“Everywhere we go people know we roll deep as f---,” he spits. “Forty, 50 Samoans, they knowin’ when D-Bo was/50, Tweezy, Obie, there won’t be no ho in us/They pop s--- like they gonna do s--- but no one does.”

He continues, “From New York down to Texas, back up to Los Angeles/We changed the way we move, so man up if you can’t adjust/You may end up getting rushed by too many to handle us (Ha)/It’s funny, I guess money does have its advantages/And it isn’t that we just think that we can’t be touched/It’s not like we’re just feeling ourselves that much, it’s just/That if someone ever does put us in the clutch.”

The chorus, also provided by Eminem, alludes to violence.

“s---’s about to change, ’cause we ain’t playin’ no games,” he says. “We ain’t budgin’, neither are they, we ain’t sayin’ no names/s--- just ain’t the same when AK’s get to sprayin’/Hip Hop is in a state of 9-1-1/It ain’t about Hip Hop ’cause those days are gone/It ain’t about tryna rip shots to get props no more/It’s about trying not to get popped, and get dropped to the floor/’Cause Hip Hop is in a state of 9-1-1.”

Guma, THE SAGA, froboy6942 and 4 others like this.
    Guma, THE SAGA, froboy6942 and 4 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress Next Up... Em! April 26th.

Oct 21, 2020
    That smooth, kooky Em flow was kinda fire.

CityFan, Ids5621, Detroit24 and 3 others like this.
    CityFan, Ids5621, Detroit24 and 3 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Oct 20, 2020
    Probably my favourite gangster phase Em verses

Apr 18, 2024
  4. joeyp363

Oct 21, 2020
    Back when Em was terrible. Miss the 2017 Em. This s--- is boring af.

Apr 18, 2024