Eminem Best Posts: Yelawolf Talks About his Relationship with Eminem, since He Left Shady

1. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 22, 2020
    And yet, I've read this long paragraph and no word about their relationship after Yela left Shady Records. Respecting someone isn't relationship.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Nov 23, 2020
    This is your daily reminder that making music is a business not a threesome. Ppl talking about friendship and relationships are childs

Mar 28, 2024
  3. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Poster on the internet

Nov 22, 2020
    Funny anecdote about 'Good Girl', requiring a skit from Em to justify that awful song's presence. Shady 2.0 was so terrible man. Imagine selling out for mainstream success only to have bad music and no sales anyway.

debauch, Ids5621 and Detroit24 like this.
    debauch, Ids5621 and Detroit24 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Bulliedbyricky

Bulliedbyricky S80 hostage

Nov 22, 2020
    [​IMG]

Riff Raff and Yelawolf has recently set down for the live session where the two answered questions from fans. You can check the conversation about Eminem below.

Riff Raff: I’ve never met Eminem. I’ve seen him at concert but he would not even know me. I put on hoodie and just enjoyed the show. I never met him in person.

Yelawolf: Marshall’s hommie. For the six years that I was with Marshall he showed nothing but respect. And my hats off to Marshall because it takes a lot of balls to allow artists like me to do a record like ‘Love Story’ under Shady. So my hats are always off to Shady and Marshall for allowing me to spread my wings and do something creatively that otherwise some other labels might have been scared to do so I got nothing but love for Shady Records. Always.

Riff Raff: Do you have any unreleased song with Eminem? Something in the vault?

Yelawolf: I wish we did. Everything that Marshall and I recorded actually came out. Those sessions were very private. I don’t have a single photo of us working in the studio. For the six years that I was there it was very private. So the memories are just my own. It’s just something that I can pass down as a story to my kids. But I don’t really have any documented photo or footage of those sessions. It’s just a sessions that happened and stories that I can tell.”

Yelawolf: Some of the vibes very super super good because I’m so stubborn. You’d imagine me coming up at the studio, having an ideas and maybe at some point even disagreeing with some of the creative direction and it’s really hard to do to look at Marshall and say ‘I don’t know about this, I have a doubt about this’ and he’s like ‘yo trust me!’ This allowed us to built something special but it took a lot of heart to say what I don’t agree with but I trusted his creative vision.

Yelawolf: There was one record that I really really didn’t believe in but the rest of the crew believed in it so I put it on blast that I was like ‘yo Marshall, if you want me to do this you gotta give me a drive. Intro for this song. So at the beginning of the song ‘Good Girl,’ Marshall gives me a drive.

Lil Squeed, Detroit24 and Shady like this.
    Lil Squeed, Detroit24 and Shady like this.
    Mar 28, 2024