Best Posts: Has NBA YoungBoy fallen off?

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 29, 2021
    I think Youngboy is someone who needs a Mack Maine to comb through his music and make a single 20 track record a year rather than dropping four 15 song projects.

Apr 19, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 28, 2021
    I think Top was a return to form for him—definitely my favorite of his since the original AI Youngboy and Until Death Call My Name.

But generally I agree he's been pretty dull for a couple years aside from some great songs here and there. It's not that the projects are necessarily bad just that none of them really bring anything new to the table.

this song from Top is amazing:

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Jan 28, 2021
    Rich The Kid is slow. Like, mentally-challenged. Amazing that someone saw him and said, 'Yeah, he's ready for a deal." Lmfao. How? When? "Plug" and "Trap House Jumpin' Like Jordan" are his only good songs. *Drops Mic and Tiptoes Away Slow In My JORRRR-DANS!* Oh, and I barely followed NBA Youngboy's career. He seems the same as when he came out. 2018 material seemed more promising and prefacing of a prospective future for his music career. Perhaps, he started becoming complacent and resting on his own laurels, unbeknownst to him, and much to the chagrin of his aficionado demographic. *Shrugs Shoulders* Beats me, brah.

Apr 19, 2024
  4. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 28, 2021
    Legitimately asking. Used to love him then I sort of dropped off because it felt like he was dropping a tape every month which annoys me and I've just started listening to the last three albums (all 2020) and they're f---ing garbage, I actually thought I bumped the repeat button because one song sounded exactly the same. Am I missing something? He seemed promising. As mentioned, I haven't kept up with him for a while but these albums I've just bumped reek of one of those annoying artists who drops dope loosies and s--- projects.

Also, I'm two tracks into the Rich the Kid collab album (which I didn't even know existed until now) and this Rich the Kid guy is one of the biggest Thug biters I've ever heard.

Sav Stanfield, DKC, Jay Zeus and 2 others like this.
    Sav Stanfield, DKC, Jay Zeus and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024