Spotify HiFi - Lossless Tier Coming Soon (2021)

Started by hargydon, Feb 27, 2021, in Music Add to Reading List

1. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Feb 27, 2021
    Spotify have just announced they are planning to launch a lossless tier onto their platform later this year.

Article: https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/22/22295273/spotify-hifi-announced-lossless-streaming-hd-quality

Well for me this is brilliant news. Having to move back & forth between Tidal & this just to use the social features on Spotify but dealing with the significant downgrade in quality wasn’t the most pleasant experience, this should resolve that for me & many others alike.

Looking forward to it. Hoping they keep the price locked in for the premium tier, that would be the best business decision to me.

Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. thecanibus

thecanibus Updated by Slyk bc I was wishing death on someone

Feb 27, 2021
    Hopefully you can find me this for $3 aswell.

Honestly tidal is really lacking, the fact you can use local music is weak. Spotify UI sucks imo but it’s leagues ahead I’m every other way.

Ordinary Joel and hargydon like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. hargydon

Feb 27, 2021
    Can you use local music in Spotify now? Last time I had premium which was at least 5 years ago, they revoked it randomly & it never returned, it was 1 of the deal breakers.

Spotify is definitely class-leading in everything but audio quality to me, but it looks like that’s about to change. If this goes ahead smoothly, I can’t see how anyone else can compete without upping their games with price slashes, social features, UI updates etc. I can actually see this being the demise of Tidal.

I hope I can find a deal too, but it’s pretty easy to find cracked versions of the premium version, for now at least.

Ordinary Joel and thecanibus like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. thecanibus

thecanibus Updated by Slyk bc I was wishing death on someone

Feb 27, 2021
    Apple beats everyone in UI but your right Spotify wins everything else however I haven’t used local music Spotify since 2013 so it that’s removed that’s a big plus for Apple Music.

Tidal’s defiantly dead soon tho.

Apr 25, 2024
  5. hargydon

Feb 27, 2021
    I had loads of issues with Apple Music years ago, it would forget I’ve added songs alllll the time, app would crash when I had 1000+ song playlists, when it went to add local Flac songs to the cloud, it would replace them with 256kbs aac songs from their servers, no matter what I did, but again that’s awhile ago it may have been fixed.

But there just seems to be different problems with each service, you just have to choose which ones to deal with I guess, but this Spotify news is the biggest step towards an all rounder I’ve seen in a long time, let’s hope it encourages others to react, I don’t think they have a choice not to.

Apr 25, 2024