Tech Best Posts: Brave Browser

1. Slyk

Slyk God made a prophet.

Jun 1, 2021
    Anybody use use Brave? I just moved to it today and hope to keep it for a minute. Offers you to earn money (in the form of BAT crypto coin) for allowing to be shown non-tracking ads. The browser as a whole is built around privacy to the Nth degree. It's also built on top of Chromium, which means it's a super easy transition (everything transfers over) from Google Chrome if you use it today. Interface is pretty similar as well + has both a desktop & mobile browser that sync to one another.

Also testing out duckduckgo as my search engine (Brave is working on one now).
    Might also do protonmail...sick of these companies (google in particular) collecting all my god d--- data.

@Tech Nerds

Apr 23, 2024
  2. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jun 2, 2021
    Google already knows my darkest secrets so I don't care anymore

Crazy how desensitized I became when it comes to big companies stealing our personal information. I guess comfort is just way more important to me lol.

Ordinary Joel, Slyk and 1999 like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Slyk and 1999 like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. M.I.C.

Jun 1, 2021
    I like the look of it. Been using protonmail for years and highly recommend it. Google has such a stranglehold on society now that it’s impossible to fully get rid of it though, some chrome extensions either aren’t available or just don’t work on other browsers. I can’t get used to any other search engine either because they’re all so terrible/clunky looking.

I prefer startpage, if any alternative because they don’t take google’s biases and paid ads into account like duckduckgo. Gonna give Brave a trial though for general mobile browsing. One thing I don’t like about non-chrome browsers is that they make the “find in page” option a pain in the a--- to use which I don’t understand.

Ordinary Joel, Slyk and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Slyk and DKC like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Jun 1, 2021
    I’ve been switching between google and DuckDuckGo for a minute now.

like you I’m fed up with google tracking s---

Wreckless, Ordinary Joel and Slyk like this.
    Wreckless, Ordinary Joel and Slyk like this.
    Apr 23, 2024