Best Posts: Week 4 Discussion (1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)

1. 1999

Jun 11, 2021
    [​IMG]

Lets go

jankland, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    jankland, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Jun 10, 2021
    "Bonita Applebum" was cool I really appreciate the smooth laid back vibe that ATCQ gives off but other than that I don't have much to say about it

"Around the back girl" was the same for me but I kinda really like the hook for this song

"Mind playin tricks on me" was super dope the third verse was my favorite imo and the last verse threw me off a bit I never knew about that album cover and the f----- up story behind it like I knew Bushwick bill had lost an eye but I didn't know it was because of something that f----- up and sad

@Chrollo speaking of f----- up and sad you brought up "Brenda's got a baby" which is definitely a pretty serious contender for the most important song of that year and in my brain it is more important but probably only because I knew about it prior to reading this book

"Check the Rhime" is also a pretty dope song for the same reasons "Bonita Applebum" was except I think I like this song more than Bonita

"Nuthin but a g thang" is surprisingly a song I never really listened to even though I knew of it but Snoop f---ing killed it and Dr Dre had one of the most iconic lines in rap "Never let me slip, 'cause if I slip, then I'm slippin'" I also believe I've heard of G funk being a genre before but I didn't know it was describing Dr Dre's style of music but it makes sense once I think about it for more than a fraction of a second lol

Also f--- this author jump around is great lmao

And finally "So wat"cha want is fine it's basically like every other Beastie boys song where it exists to be an earworm and it f---ing works

I should be finishing week 4 in the next couple days!

Ordinary Joel, Chrollo and DKC like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Jun 2, 2021
    I was gonna catch up a couple days ago but the right side of my headphones stopped working so it bummed me out a bit I'm gonna try to get caught up though!

Apr 20, 2024