Drake Drake withdraws from Grammys

Started by SHUDEYE, Dec 6, 2021, in Drake Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Dec 6, 2021
    Don’t expect to see Drake at the 2022 Grammy Awards. After receiving a pair of nominations last month, Variety reported on Monday (December 6) that Drizzy has withdrawn himself from consideration at the decorated award show.

A rep for the Recording Academy confirmed Drake’s decision to pull his name out of the hat for the upcoming Grammy Awards. While no specific reason was given, Drake reportedly made the decision with his management team and the Grammys honored his move.

The 6 God had been nominated in the Best Rap Album category for his Certified Lover Boy LP and in Best Rap Performance for his “Way Too Sexy” smash hit featuring Future and Young Thug.

Drake’s last victory at the Grammy Awards came in 2019 when “God’s Plan” took home Best Rap Song honors. He’s had a contentious relationship with the award show and had his speech cut short when he voiced his feelings about award trophies holding no real value in society.

“We play an opinion-based sport, not a factual-based sport,” he explained. “You already won if you have people singing your songs word for word if they’re singing in your hometown. You’re already winning, you don’t need this right here.”

Drake also went after the Recording Academy when The Weeknd was shut out from nominations last year following the release of his After Hours album.

“I think we should stop allowing ourselves to be shocked every year by the disconnect between impactful music and these awards and just accept that what once was the highest form of recognition may no longer matter to the artist that exists now and the ones that come after,” the OVO boss penned.

“It’s like a relative you keep expecting to fix up but they just won’t change their ways. The other day I said @theweeknd was a lock for either album or song of the year along with countless other reasonable assumptions and it just never goes that way. This is a great time for somebody to start something new that we can build up over time and pass on to the generations to come.”

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.66314/...-in-grammy-trophies-like-kanye-west-next-year

Ordinary Joel, Detroit24 and Yeez like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Detroit24 and Yeez like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Dec 6, 2021
    It's because the Grammys are over 17 years old.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. SydneyKxng

SydneyKxng Mach-Hommy is an icon end quote

Dec 9, 2021
    d--- it’s like that

Mar 28, 2024
  4. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Dec 9, 2021
    [​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  5. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Dec 9, 2021
    maxresdefault(6).jpg

Ordinary Joel and D12Shady like this.
    Ordinary Joel and D12Shady like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. SydneyKxng

SydneyKxng Mach-Hommy is an icon end quote

Dec 9, 2021
    They should fill every spot that he withdrew from because some artist had to miss out because of his nomination. My vote is obviously Pray For Haiti being included in Rap AOTY.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024