Best Posts: Any help on how and if I should...

1. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 21, 2022
    If you can, apply for another job as backup if possible so you can use that for leverage and a safety net in case things do go wrong. If it was a salaried job I'd say just talk to your boss and if they say no then whatever, but since it sounds like you're a contractor they may just replace you. I don't know what the environment is like there though. If it was me I'd put time on my managers calendar and before the meeting put a list together of your responsibilities for the job. The responsibilities you were hired for and then any additional ones you have now. If you have more than when you started, you can say you were hired to do a specific job and have since been given more work and you'd like a raise to reflect that.

Also let them know that you know your colleagues pay and you want to be paid at least the same. Asking for a bit more wouldn't hurt as you can negotiate this. But again it depends on the atmosphere of the office and your relationship with your manager. If people are easily replaced, or there's a quick turnover rate, asking for a raise might not be a great idea. #FRIGO #SMSAUDIO

DKC, Ordinary Joel and aleeex1923 like this.
    DKC, Ordinary Joel and aleeex1923 like this.
    Apr 20, 2024