Ice Cube Confirms He Lost $9 Million Film Job After Refusing to Get COVID Shot

Started by Ricky, Nov 23, 2022, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2022
    Ice Cube confirmed on a new episode of the “Million Dollaz Worth of Game” podcast that he lost a $9 million acting role because of his refusal to get the COVID vaccine shot. Reports surfaced in Oct. 2021 that Cube was dropped from Sony’s comedy “Oh h--- No,” directed by “Bad Trip” filmmaker Kitao Sakurai and co-starring Jack Black. Producers on the film reportedly requested all cast members be vaccinated in order to participate in the production, which at the time was planning to s---t in Hawaii during the winter.

“I turned down a movie because I didn’t want to get the motherfucking jab,” Cube said, confirming the Oct. 2021 reports. “I turned down $9 million. I didn’t want get the jab. f--- that jab. f--- ya’ll for trying to make me get it. I don’t know how Hollywood feels about me right now.”

When one of the podcast hosts suggested Cube leave Hollywood for streaming, Cube replied, “That’s Hollywood thought. They’re on some s---. But me too, I’m on some s--- too.”

Would he leave Hollywood and make an independent production? “I’m working on it. I’m hustling,” Cube said. “Got a lot of things up my sleeve.”

Later in the interview, Cube clarified that he “didn’t turn down” a movie because of his refusal to get the COVID shot, adding, “Those MFers didn’t give it to me because I wouldn’t get the shot. I didn’t turn it down. They just wouldn’t give it to me. The covid shot, the jab…I didn’t need it. I didn’t catch that s--- at all. Nothing. f--- them. I didn’t need that s---.”

Watch Ice Cube’s full appearance on the podcast in the video below (the COVID shot comments begin at the 1 hour and 10 min. mark).

Detroit24, Ordinary Joel and Evad like this.
    Detroit24, Ordinary Joel and Evad like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Nov 23, 2022
    I don’t see the point in still denying people opportunities because they didn’t take the shot.

Ordinary Joel and Evad like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Evad like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Nov 23, 2022
    Sure it's different now. Over a year later.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Nov 23, 2022
    Oh, I didn’t pay attention to that since I’m half asleep. WHOOPS! My bad.

Ordinary Joel and icecube like this.
    Ordinary Joel and icecube like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Nov 26, 2022
    Hawaii, Los Angeles and New York City were so nice when it was just us vaccinated people able to go out and do stuff. No lines or assholes.

Mar 29, 2024