President Obama Expected to Attend Cavs/Bulls Opener in Chicago

Started by Poohdini, Oct 27, 2015, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Oct 27, 2015
    [​IMG]
    The Bulls’ season opener against the Cavaliers on Tuesday night at the United Center — the first NBA game of the regular season — could have some serious star power[​IMG].

President Barack Obama is expected to attend the contest, according to multiple accounts from reporters who attended shootaround Tuesday morning. There was already a heavier-than-usual security presence at the United Center in the morning.

Obama is in Chicago on Tuesday for a speech at the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Tribune reported.

The Cavaliers are the reigning Eastern Conference[​IMG] champions. The Bulls are considered their biggest competition in the East.

“He knows the game[​IMG] of basketball, you all know that,” Cavaliers star LeBron James said of Obama. “It’s an honor for me to be a part of a venue and a spectacle that the president’s come to watch. It’s an honor for sure.

“Our league is the greatest league in the world. We have the greatest athletes, the greatest fans and so on and so on. For the president[​IMG]of the United States to grace the opening night here in Chicago, I’m just honored. It’s something I can tell my kids a long, long time from now. And I’ll actually be able to have the film of showing them, because kids don’t believe you sometimes … It’s pretty cool.”
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/10/27/president-obama-expected-to-attend-bulls-cavaliers-opener/

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Oct 27, 2015
    shitttt i coulda gone to this game on a $115 bus trip too. cheap af amirite???

woulda been cool to see the president in person, and even cooler to see the bulls lose. but i guess i'll just watch on my tv.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024