Travis Scott Best Posts: Travis Scott "RODEO" Review by FINESSING | AOTY

1. A R T

A R T ALLPOSITIVEVIBES | LONG. LIVE.| FutureHive |

Nov 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

This album is an amazing work of art.

Let me go ahead and praise the production first. The production on this album is incredible. It brings on many different vibes perfectly. Lots of times it is very dark, deep, and low. One of the most dark-vibed songs is "Wasted." It is super southern influenced with this heavy, deep and druggy instrumental. Like....i can praise the production on this album so much it is crazy. :sweatt: The beat switches are better than any other beat switches in Travis's discography. Probably the best beat switch i have EVER heard, is on "Oh My Dis Side." Travis and Quavo ride this song SOOOOOOOOOOO f---ing well it is unbelievable. The vibe switches on the second half and it does it well. Another great beat switch, which happens at the end, is on "Ok Alright" with Schoolboy Q. I actually think that second half was so amazing, it really should have been its own song. And I can't talk about the amazing production without acknowledging how majestic and beautiful the intro on "Maria I'm Drunk" is.:cp3::cp3::cp3::cp3: Actually, i think i can legitimately say that if this was just an instrumental-album, i would still like it more than most 2015 releases. Props to everyone that helped produce this record, it wouldn't be right to just praise Trav for how great it is. Mike Dean's guitars also make this album alot better.

Travis Scott does pretty nice on vocals. He doesn't blow me away on every song, but he does on some. His singing on "Maria" is very nice. "Antidote" is also a vocal highlight, one of the rare moments where the vocals outshine the production. But don't get me wrong, Wondagurl did great on that instrumental. And on "I Can Tell," JESUS:wow:. Travis absolutely goes in on that last verse. :wow5:
    I understand it when people say the features outshine Travis, because they do pretty great. The Weeknd on "Pray 4 Love" is amazing. That verse he had at the end was an album highlight. AND CHIEF KEEF ON NIGHTCRAWLER (b-----r of the year, maybe even SOTY). :rejoice:Swae Lee does his thing too. Justin and Thug did their thing on "Maria Im Drunk." Schoolboy Q goes in on "Ok Alright," like he does on his own music. (looking forward to his album).
    And let me talk about "Piss On Your Grave," for a second. :sweatt:THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST HYPE TRACKS OF 2015 HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mjcry:"Never Catch Me" was a disappointment tho. Still good but it could have been waaaaay better.

Most people that hate on Rodeo hate on it because they don't like Travis. You have to realize, that this is more than a Travis Scott album. A bunch of producers and writers came together to create this album. And they all did amazing. You have to get past your negative views on Travis and focus on the album, musically.

FAV TRACKS: Oh My Dis Side, 3500, Wasted, 90210, Pray 4 Love, Nightcrawler, Piss On Your Grave, Antidote, Impossible, Maria I'm Drunk, I Can Tell, Ok Alright

LEAST FAV TRACK: Apple Pie (still good, but yeah)

Thy, Nori and dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl like this.
    Thy, Nori and dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl like this.
    Mar 29, 2024