Kanye West Best Posts: How Did You Become A Kanye Fan?

1. Posh P

Jan 5, 2016
    During the College Dropout era in 2004 when I used to watch the music videos for his singles such as All Falls Down and Through The Wire on what ever music channel I used to watch back then. I became an even more solid fan when he released the music videos for his Late Registration singles such as Heard Em Say, Gold Digger and Touch The Sky.

I was about 10 when I first heard Kanye and he was amongst some of the first few rappers to make me start paying more attention to Hip Hop, at least on a commercial level.

Apr 27, 2024
  2. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jan 5, 2016
    Unknowingly I was in love with a lot of his production work from before the College Dropout. But I still specifically remember the days when Jesus Walks, All Falls Down & Slow Jamz were all over the radio. Eventually a friend of mine let me borrow that cd and I've been stanning him since.

Apr 27, 2024
  3. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Jan 5, 2016
    First time I heard of him was like '99, when he was producing for D-Dot/Madd Rapper. He did some production work on the Madd Rapper album. I was listening to a lot of Roc-A-Fella artists in those years and Ye and Just Blaze were the in house producers for the label. I was also a big Talib fan and Ye did some beats on Talib's "Quality" album. In '03, I saw Talib live and he brought out Kanye as a special guest at his show. The time in between that show and College Dropout is probably when I became a fan of Kanye as a rapper but I was already a fan of his production work for years.

Apr 27, 2024
  4. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Jan 5, 2016
    I knew he was a young producer and then Jay shouted him out on a song on "the fix" and I thought that was the highest you could go as a producer getting a shout out from Hov on a Jay-z/Scarface collaboration.

boyz n the suburbs, Posh P and DKC like this.
    boyz n the suburbs, Posh P and DKC like this.
    Apr 27, 2024