Kanye West Best Posts: Top 5 songs on the album? (with arguments pls)

1. ArthurDW

ArthurDW Mozes Rose

Feb 14, 2016
    1. Famous: starts like a nice love song, becomes a b-----r and ends like a feel good song with a very good sample.

2. Father stretch my hands: lyrics are beautiful when you know a bit about Kanye's personal life, the desiigner guy goes in and the beat is hard. Kind of a new blood on the leaves for me.

3. FML: Kanye's singing is already beautiful but when the weeknd comes in it's just gorgeous.

4. Ultra light beam: another epic Kanye opener. The last four words remind me of the Madison square garden when we got to see the models and more importantly lil yachty making it. Chills.

5. Freestyle 4: the beat is something cinematic, and Kanye's rapping also feels more like he's describing a film than a real rap verse. It's epic and scary.

Mar 29, 2024
  2. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Feb 14, 2016
    In no order:

Ultralight Beam - Chance f---ing killed it. The-Dream killed it. The choir/gospel hit me soul.
    Famous - LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the change-up. Has a summer-y feel to it imo.
    Waves - Chris Breezy was great on this. Beat was nice.
    Real Friends - Ty Dolla $ign just kills it.
    Wolves - Regardless of that ridiculous verse, Wolves was top s---. Frank was a good outro. Now we just sit and wait for Ye to hopefully release the REAL WOLVES as a G.O.O.D Friday track.

Jakey, Pablo, poopdogg and 1 other person like this.
    Jakey, Pablo, poopdogg and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Pablo

Pablo Dragon Z-azou

Feb 14, 2016
    My opinion after 3 listen of the cdq album:

1. FML (That outro almost made me cry, one of the best things i've ever heard)

2.Ultra Light Beam (Best Chance verse of all time, the rap/gospel fusion is pure genius)

3.Wolves (best prod of ALL TIME, it would have been number 1 for sure with Sia and Vic)

4.Low Light+Hight Light (LH is the best Kanye interlude/song intro EVER, so much emotions... HL is god-level prod and Young Thug/The-Dream couldn't be used in a better way)

5.Famous (a bit disappointed that Young Thug verse didn't make the album, but the song is brilliant, from the Rihanna utilisation, to the Nina Simone sample, to the kanye's verses, to the "bam bam bim d---" part)

Album of the Life :sweatt:

Mar 29, 2024
  4. KnobodyKnows

Feb 14, 2016
    1. Ultra Light Beams is the best song, no question for me. Everything about it works beautifully. My favorite Ye opener ever, and that says a lot.

2. FML is my second favorite song. I love the first verse and the build up to Weeknd, second verse is great and honest, outro is incredible

3. Real Friends is phenomenal and I think will be very underrated because we heard it a month before we heard the entire album but it has some of Ye's most genuine rapping and Ty killed it.

4. Highlights is awesome. Love the use of the auto tune and Thug's additional vocals. Just feels good and love Kanye's verse in the middle.

5. Waves is my fifth favorite. Breezy killed it and melodically it just works so well.

I love FSMH a lot, but wish it wasn't split between two parts and I desperately want to put Wolves in the top 5, but until the updated version with the drums and Sia and Vic, it will be sixth or seventh favorite. With those additions maybe #2 though.

Jakey, Pablo and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Jakey, Pablo and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024