Boxing/MMA Best Posts: Mayweather vs. McGregor [Mayweather wins by TKO]

1. Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

May 25, 2016
    But yo real talk I hope this happens, too many UFC n----s talking bout Floyd Mayweather ain’t bout this, Floyd mayweather ain’t bout that

If I catch another MFer talking sweet about Money Mayweather I’m f---ing beating they a---. I’m not f---ing playing no more You know those n----s role with 50 Cent and them

Mar 29, 2024
  2. Kon

Kon

Jun 14, 2017
    It's official.

Mar 29, 2024
  3. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

May 25, 2016
    f---ers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Mayweather ain’t bout this, Mayweather ain’t bout that, my boy a boxer on f---ing Lamron and them. He, he they say that n----- don’t be putting in no work. SHUT THE f--- UP! Y'all n----s ain’t know s---, all ya MFers talk about Mayweather ain’t no hitta, Mayweather ain’t this, Mayweather a fake, SHUT THE f--- UP! Y'all don’t live with that n-----. Y'all know that n----- got caught with a TI, shoving' at the police and s---. n----- been on TMZ since f---in, I don’t know when! MFers stop f---in' playin' him like that, them n----s savages out there.

If I catch another MFer talking sweet about Mayweatherf Im f---ing beating they a---, Im not f---ing playing no more. You know those n----s role with 50 Cent and them.

- DP

Mar 29, 2024
  4. Mikey

May 25, 2016
    the press conferences & trash talk >>>>> the fight if it happens.

Sqrt Sqrt, Detroit24, Jakey and 6 others like this.
    Sqrt Sqrt, Detroit24, Jakey and 6 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 27, 2017

Enigma, theg, Evad and 5 others like this.
    Enigma, theg, Evad and 5 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Aug 27, 2017
    [​IMG]

Mar 29, 2024
  7. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 27, 2017
    my god what a f---ing fight. I dont care f Macgregor lost, amazing fght and to "start a pro boxing career" and go 10 rounds with the best to do it? f---ing amazing. a lot better than i thought and this pay per view was probably the most "worth it" over hyped fight I have seen ib UFC and boxing. such a good fight. I honestly think f Macgregor had more experience and was used to the 12 roubds, he would have held his own and if he lasted the 12 may have won due to cards. monkiley Pinoy-ow vs mayweather was a s--- fight compared to this.

asvdawg, Kon, Bourbon Ben and 4 others like this.
    asvdawg, Kon, Bourbon Ben and 4 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 27, 2017
    For a scientist you should've known before round one that McGregor wouldn't win

DetroitDGAF, Enigma, UofLCard and 4 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Mikey

Jun 14, 2017

lol

Mar 29, 2024
  10. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

May 25, 2016

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor are finally going to do it.

After years of a will-they, won’t-they dance and public posturing on both sides, the world’s most famous mixed martial artist and most famous boxer will go head to head. It’ll be a boxing match, and it’ll happen in Las Vegas on Aug. 26. Both fighters have confirmed the fight on their social media accounts.

It’ll be one of the most anticipated boxing matches in the modern history of the sport, and tons of money will be made. Mayweather will enter the bout as a heavy favorite to win, though not as heavy as it once seemed.

What follows here is a timeline of Mayweather and McGregor’s dealings leading up to the announcement they’d actually fight.

July 2015
    McGregor told late-night host Conan O’Brien he’d be down to box Mayweather.

"If you’re asking would I like to fight Floyd Mayweather — I mean, who would not like to dance around the ring for $180 million?" McGregor said.

"I certainly know he would not want to step into my world; the world of pure unarmed combat where there’s no limitations, but I most certainly would step into his world. I would certainly box him if the opportunity arose. Most certainly."

McGregor has never lacked confidence in himself.

“If we were to get it on, I would most certainly dismantle him, also,” he said.

Jan. 2016
    Mayweather said McGregor was treated better because he’s white.

“They say he talk a lot of trash and people praise him for it, but when I did it, they say I'm cocky and arrogant,” Mayweather told Fight Hype in an interview. “So biased! Like I said before, all I'm saying is this, I ain't racist at all, but I'm telling you racism still exists.”

McGregor shot back the next day in the caption of an Instagram post:

...don't ever bring race into my success again. I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood. In my family's long history of warfare there was a time where just having the name 'McGregor' was punishable by death. Do not ever put me in a bracket like this again. If you want we can organise a fight no problem. I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at e

very area of revenue.

Mayweather’s “Fight of the Century” against Manny Pacquiao in 2015 was not exciting for lots of viewers, but it was a commercial success. But his fight with Andre Berto in 2015 — to which McGregor was referring — was a financial dud. Mayweather made millions, but everything in this sport is relative.

May 2016
    This is when things started to ratchet up.

The Sun in the United Kingdom reported Mayweather and McGregor were “on the verge” of agreeing to a fight that would be the richest in boxing history.

Both sides just have to agree on the purse and sign the paperwork — which sources say is imminent — and an announcement is likely to be made in the coming weeks.

A source told The Sun: “Floyd went mad after Conor said he would crush him and knock him out in 30 seconds; he’s obsessed with making Conor eat his words.

“Floyd is calling the shots. It’s strictly boxing and Conor will have to lose roughly 25 lbs.

“It was agreed in principle on May 2, but Floyd wouldn’t reveal the identity of his opponent until last night when he told friends he’ll be fighting Conor.”

UFC president Dana White, who’d have to permit McGregor to fight anywhere outside the UFC, denied the story. Mayweather then said he started the rumors himself and that a fight with McGregor was, at some point, “possible.”

"Keep y’all fingers crossed,” Mayweather said. “It may be a boxer vs. an MMA fighter."

The back-and-forth in the press continued for days. White told Mayweather to call him if he wanted to fight McGregor. Mayweather said he was retired and would only return to the ring to fight McGregor. The champion said he offered McGregor $50 million for the fight, which would be preposterously low for an alleged billion-dollar bout.

McGregor was as amused as you’d expect.

“He’s getting old now,” McGregor said. “I have the size, I have the reach, I have the height, I have the youth. He needs me. I don’t need him.”

The posturing moved to social media at that point. McGregor hash tagged this post with #MoneyMcGregorWhatsFloydGonnaDo?

July 2016
    “If I only had to focus on boxing, h---, I'd be neck and neck with Floyd right now,” McGregor said.

Nov. 2016
    McGregor said Mayweather was “running around the Showtime offices begging for those executives to come up with $100 million cash for me, to fight me.” (McGregor would later name that figure as his demand for the fight.)

He got his boxing license in California a few weeks later. He’d been unable to get such a license in Nevada because of his previous bottle-throwing incident with Nate Diaz, which occurred during a promotional event for a fight last fall.

Dec. 2016
    Mayweather’s promotions head, Leonard Ellerbe, let McGregor have it:

"It's all a game. It's all a calculated effort to gain more fans," Ellerbe said. "He got a boxing license. Congratulations to him. Conor McGregor can say anything he wants to but he has a boss and his name is [UFC president] Dana White. He is under contract to the UFC and if he wanted to fight Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match he can't because his bosses wouldn't allow that to happen. The brass [from WME-IMG] who recently purchased the UFC [for $4 billion earlier this year] are very smart people and they would never -- and put this in bold caps -- let him step into a boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather because everyone knows what the outcome would be. He would get his a--- beat from pillar to post."

Also, remember when Nate Diaz beat up McGregor at UFC 196 and got MMA’s biggest star to tap out? Mayweather told Diaz he’d put the “finishing touches” on McGregor.

Jan. 2017
    In December, Mayweather had said he’d give McGregor $15 million on the fight’s front end. (That doesn’t account for revenue shares later on, which would be massive.)

McGregor tweeted this:

Mayweather did prison time for a 2010 assault of his then-girlfriend. He was reportedly angryabout text messages she had received from Watson, an NBA guard.

White, the UFC boss, made a counteroffer to Mayweather: $25 million for each fighter, with pay-per-view splits to be worked on later. Mayweather responded that White was a “f---ing comedian” and audibly laughed when approached by a reporter.

Mayweather then went after McGregor’s wealth:

McGregor told MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani Mayweather was “scared shitless” of him, and he made a lot of people believe for the first time that he wasn’t just trolling about fighting Mayweather.

“One-hundred percent,” McGregor said. “I believe the next time I step into a combat arena will be through the ropes wearing 10-ounce or eight-ounce gloves. I believe so.

Feb. 2017
    McGregor was in Las Vegas, and Mayweather tweeted:

This prompted a taunt from McGregor:

March 2017
    The tide turned around this point.

Mayweather called McGregor a “little punk” and said he should “stop blowing smoke up people’s a---.” Mayweather then said he was out of retirement to face McGregor.

On Conan, White expressed the most confidence yet that the fight would go on.

“I do think it’s gonna happen,” White told the host. “I think it’s going to be a tough deal because obviously [there are] a lot of egos involved in this deal and a lot of people, so that always makes it tougher. On the flip side, there’s so much money involved. I just don’t see how it doesn’t happen.”

McGregor appeared in front of a bunch of boxing media members a few days later and said all kinds of mean things about Mayweather.

"You're the boxing guy? I'm the boxing guy. Watch me take over boxing,” McGregor said. “Trust me on that. No one in this boxing game knows what’s coming. Trust me on that. When I step in there, I’m going to shock the whole g.d. world. Trust me on that. Look me in the eyes. Twenty-eight years of age, confident as a MFer, long, rangy, dangerous with every hand. Trust me, I’m going to stop, Floyd, and you’re all going to eat your words. The whole world is going to eat their words.”

A few days after that, McGregor said a deal to fight Mayweather was “close to done,” with Sept. 2017 in mind as the timeframe for the fight.

He also got his penalty for the Diaz bottle-throwing kerfuffle reduced, freeing him to apply for a boxing license in Nevada.

May 2017
    McGregor announced he’d signed his half of a contract to make the fight happen.

“We now await Al Haymon and his boxer’s signature in the coming days.” Haymon is a top Mayweather aide.

McGregor applied for a Nevada boxing license — a key step in setting up a Las Vegas bout with Mayweather.

Mayweather sounded an optimistic tone about the fight, too:

“They said Conor McGregor signed his end of the deal. I look forward to signing my end of the deal. I haven’t signed my end of the deal yet so once I get home, I’ll communicate with my team, I’ll talk with Al Haymon, I’ll talk with Leonard, and we’ll see what we come up with. We’ll put all our great minds together and we’re gonna have another superfight.”

It was becoming clearer that this fight would happen. Now, it will.

June 2017
    Both McGregor and Mayweather confirmed the fight June 14 on their individual social media accounts.

Mayweather posted a promotional video on his Instagram.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/14/15684576/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-fight-date-timeline

August 26. It’s happening at the T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    The Mack, Sqrt Sqrt, Jakey and 4 others like this.
    The Mack, Sqrt Sqrt, Jakey and 4 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. The Gooch

The Gooch Gucci FlipFlops (aka Rap Game's Steven Adams)

Aug 27, 2017
    i dont think you know what immortally means fam

Ordinary Joel, 1999, UofLCard and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. 1999

Aug 27, 2017
    read this on reddit
    :currydead:

Mar 29, 2024
  13. The Scientist

Aug 27, 2017
    Imagine thinking McGregor would win. From round 6 on it was the Money Mayweather show.

Mar 29, 2024
  14. UofLCard

UofLCard MCMXC

Aug 27, 2017
    I get this feeling that more than one person in Ireland just lost a lot of money.

Mar 29, 2024
  15. Jerome

Aug 27, 2017
    connor did good tho

impressive

floyd 50:0 goat

BrenoB, asvdawg, Hard Klyntar and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 27, 2017
    :srsguy:

Mar 29, 2024
  17. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 26, 2017
    @Ordinary Joel just use the close up of Conor's underwear for the banner

Deadpool, RG9, Kon and 3 others like this.
    Deadpool, RG9, Kon and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. 0TT0

Aug 26, 2017
    I need some streams. Ain't paying for this s---

Mar 29, 2024
  19. theg

theg got that pma

Aug 18, 2017
    not one single person is going to read those 4 posts my guy get it together

Mar 29, 2024
  20. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jul 16, 2017
    If Mcgregor wins i'm going to systematically go through like 8 related threads, compiling and quoting every post that said McGregor would lose and posting all of them in a thread for the world to see. Already got a notepad saved with at least 20 quotes, ready to copy and paste. I will mention every user quoted on a daily basis informing them that they were wrong and that they need to apologize to the forum.

DetroitDGAF, RG9, tomroe93 and 3 others like this.
    DetroitDGAF, RG9, tomroe93 and 3 others like this.
    Mar 29, 2024