1. Kon

Kon

Jul 9, 2016
    [​IMG]

Apr 27, 2024
  2. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Jul 10, 2016
    I didn't have much faith in Tate defending, but I did not expect her to get brutalized worse than she ever had before. Amanda has awful cardio, but she throws harder than anybody in that division. Miesha got sent to the shadow realm. I think part of that was her awful weight cut. Dehydration can make knockouts way worse. It's weird how a title changing hands so often makes a division look weak while Joanna being dominant at strawweight still doesn't affect me believing it has a deeper roster with more interesting match ups. Joanna-Gadelha was the fight of the weekend for sure.

Lesnar-Hunt lasted longer than I expected it to. Brock did a better job on his feet than many others have against Hunt. He was just trying to survive there, but he still made all of Hunt's attempts look way off. Even when Hunt connected I think it deflected off of his traps. Dude is just another level of athletic which Hunt's weakest quality. Normal positions are completely one sided for Brock. I think Mark was the easiest match up for him in the top 10 outside of Arlovski though.

Cormier-Silva was way closer than anybody expected. A 40 year old who hasn't won a fight in 4 years on two days notice without a camp versus a fighter with 1 loss across two divisions to the best fighter in the sport. I knew Silva's guard was going to be a huge factor, but I expected DC's raw strength to really make this hard to watch. Instead Silva stopped him from doing much. He was only busy enough to stay in position. This s--- was like Rocky Balboa. Silva lost, but it only helps his resume when he can hurt somebody with so many advantages over him. That walkout and those yellow shorts were classic as f---. DC really lost out on gaining a bunch of fans just when people were getting in his corner. I like watching talented wrestlers, but he really only ever got slight advantages and didn't land many big shots. I think it's perfectly fair for the crowd to boo you when your entire gameplan results in you basically winning by wrestling for position and landing mostly ineffective strikes.

Aldo-Edgar was always the fight I had the highest hopes for. I knew it would be tactical and technical at the very least. I was nervous for Aldo, especially after Mark Henry seemed like a God trainer when Alvarez beat RDA. Aldo really showed why he's one of the best fighter's in the history of the sport with this comeback after such a devastating loss. He looked so intense before the fight that I thought he'd be too emotional, but he wasn't. He played it safe letting Edgar push the action and capitalizing on counters with his superior speed. Edgar has been on a tear and looked completely outclassed here. Got thrown around when he went for a clinch. Got his face messed up when he got more aggresive out of frustration. I think the tweaks to Aldo's style here are great, but I'm still not comfortable with him versus McGregor if his gameplan is even partially related to outboxing him. Aldo has way too many tools for that to be the best route.

Overall, 200 could never have matched the hype especially with Jones out and McGregor-Diaz pushed, but I think it did provide something special: atmosphere. Seeing Silva again, seeing Brock again, that projection rig for the history of the UFC video, the colored canvas, the colored shorts... This event had a lot grandeur which is not something the organization really leans on too heavily. Still, I think the average fan was probably underwhelmed tonighT because they didn't care for the headliner, Brock didn't win in highlight reel fashion, and Silva didn't shock the world. I'd say Fight Night 90 had the best fights of the weekend, the Ultimate Fighter 23 finale had the best main event, and UFC 200 had the best atmosphere.

AvB, Dank Sinatra and redsoxx like this.
    AvB, Dank Sinatra and redsoxx like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  3. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Jul 10, 2016
    Vegas Dave lawwwwwst. Best thing that happened tonight....

Cerrone, Charlie Work and Flacko like this.
    Cerrone, Charlie Work and Flacko like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  4. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Jul 10, 2016
    lol Nate made Millions at UFC 196 and hes out here still rockin white t's

Apr 27, 2024
  5. Cerrone

Cerrone Anyone, any time, any place

Jul 9, 2016
    We all taking Ls after having to sit through that

Apr 27, 2024
  6. Kon

Kon

Jul 9, 2016
    It'd be great if after all that, Silva comes out right away and knocks DC out in the 3rd lol.

PRHYME, Flacko and Cerrone like this.
    PRHYME, Flacko and Cerrone like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Jul 9, 2016
    People are actually going to watch this card and post about it. :KendrickCry: It's like May-Pac all over again.

Lamont, Cerrone and Dank Sinatra like this.
    Lamont, Cerrone and Dank Sinatra like this.
    Apr 27, 2024