RZA Teams Up With Atari to Compose New Album Inspired by Video Game Music: Exclusive

Started by Ordinary Joel, Jun 25, 2016, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jun 25, 2016
    via Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/7416404/rza-atari-album-video-game-music-exclusive

6/23/2016 by Adelle Platon

[​IMG]

RZA is adding another bullet point to his lengthy resume with a new partnership with Atari, Billboard can exclusively report. The Wu-Tang Clan rapper/producer, actor and video game fanatic will be recording an album chock-full of original tracks inspired by the sounds of Atari game music.

RZA is adding another bullet point to his lengthy resume with a new partnership with Atari, Billboard can exclusively report. The Wu-Tang Clan rapper/producer, actor and video game fanatic will be recording an album chock-full of original tracks inspired by the sounds of Atari game music.

“I’m so excited to work on these iconic games to deliver what I believe will be one of my best albums,” RZA said in a statement sent to Billboard. “I am going to invite some of my friends to join me and it will be Game On with the first beat!”

The partnership marks RZA and Atari's second collaboration after the Brooklyn multi-hyphenate (born Robert Diggs) helmed the voice-over for Atari's 2006 title Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure.

“We are thrilled to partner with RZA, one of the greatest hip-hop producers of all time,” adds Fred Chesnais, the chief executive officer of Atari. “RZA is a multi-talented artist and soundtrack virtuoso and we cannot wait to hear the new tracks he creates based on Atari’s iconic video game sounds and music.”

For the forthcoming album, RZA will spearhead production with Atari's Chesnais and Stephen Belafonte serving as executive producers. More details about the project will be announced at a later date.

Big Dangerous likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Jun 25, 2016
    I'm going to see the Wu Tang clan in a 1,000 person club in 3 weeks.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jun 25, 2016
    Awesome

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024