Samsung in Shambles (Note 7 ceases production, it's over)

Started by Inland Empire Rapper, Oct 10, 2016, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Oct 10, 2016
    [​IMG]Image Source: Andrew Zuis via KSTP
    The Galaxy Note 7 is not cancelled, at least not yet. Samsung decided to suspend production to investigate new explosion reports further, but there’s no official decision to terminate the smartphone. However, US carriers confirmed they will not continue to sell the phone in stores, or offer “safe” replacements to customers for the time being. Galaxy Note 7 buyers can still exchange their phones, whether they’re faulty or “safe,” for a different device of their choosing.

DON’T MISS: Under no circumstances should you buy a Galaxy Note 7

AT&T was the first mobile operator to confirm that it halted Galaxy Note 7 sales and exchanges following the many fire reports that emerged last week.

“Based on recent reports, we’re no longer exchanging new Note 7s at this time, pending further investigation of these reported incidents,” an AT&T spokespersontold The Verge on Sunday. “We still encourage customers with a recalled Note 7 to visit an AT&T location to exchange that device for another Samsung smartphone or other smartphone of their choice.”

Soon after that, T-Mobile issued a press release to announce that it’s temporarily suspending all Galaxy Note 7 sales and exchanges for replacement Note 7 devices while Samsung investigates “multiple reports of issues.”

“Customers can still bring their recalled Note 7 or the new replacement Note 7, along with accessories they purchased from T-Mobile to a T-Mobile store for a full refund and choose from any device in T-Mobile’s inventory. We’ll waive any restocking charges, and customers who purchased during pre-order can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received,” the company said.

T-Mobile will also award a one-time $25 credit on their T-Mobile bill within two bill cycles to offset any additional costs.

Verizon joined T-Mobile and AT&T, announcing on Sunday that it won’t sell the phablet, or replace recalled units until Samsung sorts it out.

“Samsung is working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission to investigate the safety of replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones,” Verizon said. “While the investigation is underway, Verizon is suspending the exchange of replacement Note 7 smartphones. Any Verizon customer concerned about the safety of their replacement Note 7 smartphone may take it back to the original point of purchase to exchange it for another smartphone. Verizon online customers may also exchange their replacement Note 7 smartphones at Verizon stores.”

Sprint, the first carrier that announced it’ll let customers exchange their replacement Galaxy Note 7 for any smartphone following the airplane fire, is yet to issue a statement on the matter. But the carrier will probably stop sales as well.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Oct 12, 2016
    Samsung are f-----. This could actually out them out of business.

And now I'm f-----, I wanted to get the Note 7 as my Sony Z3 has just broken. Now I'm using a back up phone and I hate it but I have no idea what phone to get now.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Bas

Bas Too High to Riot

Oct 12, 2016
    I don't think you've seen the S7 's sales. Samsung is doing just fine even with the mess from the Note 7. They will be taking an :meekL: for sure but out of business? Not even close.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. mow

mow long live flippa

Oct 12, 2016
    LUL Samsung
    Definitely a L but it takes more than this to completely tackle them out of the business

Bas likes this.
    Bas likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Bas

Bas Too High to Riot

Oct 12, 2016

mow likes this.
    mow likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Oct 12, 2016
    Don't be so sure guys. Do you think the S8 is going to sell as well as the S7 after this?

Yes they have got a lot going on in other divisions but this could put them out of the mobile game. They have got a lot to do to pull out of this.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024