Kanye West Killer Mike Defends Kanye Meeting With Trump

Started by Jacuzzi, Apr 3, 2017, in Kanye West Add to Reading List

1. Jacuzzi

Apr 3, 2017
    http://pitchfork.com/news/72633-kil...ng-trump-why-wouldnt-you/?mbid=social_twitter

“Black people shouldn’t have permanent friends or enemies, they should have permanent interest”

[​IMG]

Late last year, Kanye West was criticized after voicing support for the newly elected president Trump and later meeting him at Trump Tower. Killer Mike has now defended the latter decision, in a Run the Jewels interview with the UK’s Channel 4. Mike said the meeting “didn’t bother” him. “Why wouldn’t you?” he continued. “Black people shouldn’t have permanent friends or enemies, they should have permanent interest. If it wasn’t for Dr. Martin Luther King being willing to meet with people like [governor] George Wallace, George Wallace would have not have ended up—starting as a racist bigot [and ending] as a person who found God in some way, [and] appointed more blacks to his office than any other governor since him.” See a clip below and an extended segment here.

Mike also contrasted Kanye’s Trump meeting with that of NFL player Jim Brown: “A musician meeting a presidential candidate isn’t important to me like Jim Brown,” he said. “Jim Brown, for the last 50 years, has fought against the oppression of all people. Him sitting with President Trump was a significant thing for me, because I know on the other side of the table he was telling the truth.”

After the Trump meeting last year, Kanye tweeted—then deleted—several statements explaining the reasons behind the meeting. “I wanted to meet with Trump today to discuss multicultural issues,” one of the deleted tweets read. “These issues included bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago. I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change.”

Ordinary Joel, paulye, Zanni and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, paulye, Zanni and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

Apr 3, 2017
    I like his point, but he also omits why Kanye was meeting with Trump.

Because he admired him, not because he was there to push an agenda.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Apr 3, 2017
    Kanye approved of trump in that exact period cause he was in a situation of like "f--- those photoshopped fake a--- radio fa----s and media smiling actors at least trump is honest and don't give a f--- about public opinions"

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 3, 2017
    It wasn't so much that Kanye meeting him that was lame but the fact that he supports supported the guy. It's like he totally forgot where he came from.

Mar 28, 2024
  5. Jakepaulerforlifelogang

Apr 3, 2017
    He's a grown man let him do what he thinks it's the best

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Apr 3, 2017
    That's an agreeable sentiment, but it leaves out how actively xenophobic and racist Trump's base was during the election. Not the entire base of course, but there were definitely explicit lines from Trump that were bigoted and discriminatory of Muslims in particular. Saying you're meeting with him to discuss "multicultural issues" doesn't make meeting with public enemy #1 more agreeable for the people who'd long understood where Trump stoods, or at least the nature of the hate machine that his actions and words were fueling.

Also, Kanye is a mentally ill goofball, and the last person I'd send to bargain on my behalf.

Enigma and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Enigma and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Xmipod

Apr 3, 2017
    [​IMG]

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 4, 2017
    What he said was true though?

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 4, 2017
    They actually met because they are friends. Mike Tyson is as well. White people and black people can be friends get the f--- over it you racist americunts

Bourbon Ben likes this.
    Bourbon Ben likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024