The Batman (2022)

Started by LasiK, Oct 16, 2021, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Apr 24, 2022
    I remember seeing the dark knight rises in theaters and not being able to hear bane for the first few scenes cause the bass in his voice was so loud lmao. f---in Nolan and his sound mixing

Ordinary Joel and David26 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and David26 like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. jankland

Apr 24, 2022
    I mean the purposefully lame jokes and upbeat attitude will always be a part of the spiderman persona but I'd argue that Tobey's Peter was super depressed in 2 and Tom Holland was in Now Way Home, can't remember much about Andrews but I assume he was depressed in the second one lol.

Also f--- you, Spiderman 3 is awful but it wasn't Sam raimis fault and I still love it with all my heart, Bully Maguire is the best dude lmao

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Chuny

Chuny +

Apr 24, 2022
    Oh I was talking about this one:

upload_2022-4-24_17-37-39.jpeg
    [​IMG]

But as I said I'm not a big fan of Spiderman so I might have gotten the movie wrong.

Ordinary Joel and jankland like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. jankland

Apr 24, 2022
    No you aren't wrong it's awful but I love it lol, there's something so special about how campy and stupid those movies are to me.

Apr 20, 2024
  5. TheBorgerShop

TheBorgerShop Baconator

Apr 24, 2022
    The Batman theme on spotify goes hard

on Spiderman 3 still one of my favs man, got f----- up cause Sony wanted g.d. Venom

Apr 20, 2024
  6. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Apr 24, 2022
    You’d put Rises over TDK?

Apr 20, 2024
  7. LasiK

LasiK d-mn fine coffee

Apr 25, 2022
    Some super bad takes ITT

Apr 20, 2024
  8. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Apr 25, 2022
    Here is another bad take
    Toy story 4 sucks

Apr 20, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 25, 2022
    I'm surprised to see that so many people didn't like it here cuz virtually everyone I know irl loved it. Batman fans and casuals alike.

Personally I love a slow burn like this and the mystery kept me intrigued throughout. Most three hour movies could probably be trimmed a bit but I didn't find this one to be particularly egregious in that sense.

Apr 20, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 25, 2022
    The Dark Knight Rises is an extremely flawed movie but it was a very fun theater experience. And I think that one is a WAY bigger offender in terms of length than this one is. They tried to cram way too much in and it feels disjointed to the point that I almost think it would have been better if they split in half and release six months apart like they did for Matrix Reloaded + Revolutions. Basically have the first one end with Batman's back being broken. Then they could have fleshed out each half of the story a little bit and let each exist on their own terms.

Whereas even if The Batman was long (longer than TDKR even), it had the same through line and makes sense as a single story. I also liked how it had a lot of Batman characters in it but it didn't feel like they were just cramming in a bunch of them to force some MCU crossover bs. They don't just magically appear because the plot needs them to, they felt like a natural part of this version of Gotham.

Apr 20, 2024
  11. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 25, 2022
    The thing with TDKR is they could have made it 4 hours and I would have still enjoyed it because it was exciting the entire movie. There weren't really any boring parts, something was constantly happening that had you on edge. It definitely tried to do to much but was extremely entertaining. This one is just so slow with not a lot of build up and the pay off is meh. I can get if people like the mystery/detective aspect of it, but that's secondary of what I want in a Batman movie

Chrollo, Chuny and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Chrollo, Chuny and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  12. jankland

Apr 25, 2022
    Yeah it's just different expectations, I was looking at the marketing of this movie and it's exactly what the director described it being which is what had me excited.

I think the movie seems to be divisive cause of different interpretations of what Batman is supposed to be as a character, obviously there's more overall criticisms of the movie itself structurally or what have you, but I noticed what i said in the discourse a little.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Apr 25, 2022
    Yea I liked Rises, but it was very flawed to me. I know it could have easily been a “rebound” script/story and one can only assume the original plan was to continue with Ledger, but I just couldn’t shake the difference in tone between it and TDK. I mean, it is very much a Nolan film, but it almost felt like Nolan was trying to make a Nolan movie, if that makes sense lol. I dug the ambiguous ending (he lived, debate a wall), but I guess I would’ve preferred a straight up adaption of the dark Knight returns to some capacity. It’s still a solid, fitting end.

There’s not a bad movie between the Nolan trilogy and this. Also, I think this movie will grow on people in time. It’s the most beautiful looking comic book movie that there’s ever been; cinematography is off da chain.

And btw, the fight choreography in the Nolan trilogy is awful. Reeves s--- on him in that department lol.

Ordinary Joel, jankland and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, jankland and DKC like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Chuny

Chuny +

Apr 26, 2022
    I feel Reeve's saga (if it ever gets to that) might make sense when it's completed and it might make this first movie stand out a lot more after he's done with Batman. Specially if when he gets to the last one he decides to do (3rd? 4th? who knows) and ends on a high note that will make us want to rewatch all of them again and again as it happens with Nolan's.

Like, if Nolan had only done the first Batman movie, I may feel like it was good yeah but forgettable maybe.
    But since we look at it in the context of the trilogy, it helps the first one score better results.

Apr 20, 2024
  15. Chuny

Chuny +

Apr 26, 2022
    Also I don't understand where's the TDKR hate coming from. I'm no expert but I don't think it was that flawed at all.
    The tempo of the movie stays pretty much the same. It doesn't slow down pretty much at any point. It doesn't feel rushed at any point either. It stays consistent. And even though there's a lot going on, it never gets confusing (which tends to happen in these cases).
    The representation of a more life-like, human-like, Bane is extraordinary. Instead of some kind of lab experiment gone wrong.
    Talia Al Ghul (I was in love with this woman, so lovely) was also great.
    The whole cast was amazing, except maybe John Blake (Robin). They could have casted someone better to make people actually want to see him as Robin.

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Chuny

Chuny +

Apr 26, 2022
    You do have a point there I think.

Apr 20, 2024
  17. Chuny

Chuny +

Apr 26, 2022
    What do we think of this Batmobile btw?

[​IMG]

I didn't really like it.
    I get the idea behind it but I thought it was less than glamorous (which was the idea I guess).
    Perhaps it could have been better if they showed how Bruce Wayne came up with the idea and how he put it together.

Also the pursuit scene with the Penguin felt forced to me. Like they really wanted a high speed action scene to be in the film. Lots of innocent people died and Batman moved on like he didn't give a f---, lol.

Apr 20, 2024
  18. Yeez

Yeez Yeez 4.0

Apr 26, 2022
    Can we all agree that The Lego Batman movie is criminally underrated?

Apr 20, 2024
  19. Yeez

Yeez Yeez 4.0

Apr 26, 2022
    Design wise I like it a lot, I think it fits well with the tone of the movie. I agree with the chase scene having so many casualties being really weird considering Batman's no killing rule

Apr 20, 2024
  20. Chuny

Chuny +

Apr 26, 2022
    A while ago I started watching a bunch of amateur, indie Batman short films on YouTube and some of them were really good.
    Even better than this one. Specially if you take into account the budget limitations.

Apr 20, 2024