The Game Promises To Donate $1 Million In Water Bottles To Flint, Michigan

Started by Mimi, Jan 27, 2016, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Mimi

Mimi the art of doing nothing

Jan 27, 2016
    He may be on tour overseas, but The Game is very in-tune with what is happening stateside. The rapper has donated $500,000 of his own money to Flint, Mich., amidst their water crisis, the Michigan Chronicle reported. He also added that the water bottle company Avita Water will donate the additional $500,000. Avita’s water is reportedly sourced from Au Sable Forest. Do the math- $1 million in water bottles will be sent to Flint on behalf of The Game’s charity, The Robin Hood Project.

The “Ride Solo” musician took to Instagram to tell fans about how he has family living in Flint, whose river water was found to be contaminated with lead.
    “…my younger sister & her children live there & 2nd because I care… Most of these celebs on here faking using the word ‘Pledge’ in their so called donations are not fooling anyone!!!!” he wrote in a lengthy Insta-post. He also revealed that the first shipment from Avita is slated to arrive to the Flint area on Wednesday (Jan. 27).

He called out celebrities Jimmy Fallon and Madonna for their “cute” donations, challenging them to match his donation.

“I challenge both & anyone else in the world to match me & DONATE $1,000,000 in bottled water to Flint, Michigan & we want proof, shipping order receipts, bank wire receipts, pictures etc……….. No more pretending to give a f**k.”

The charitable efforts of The Game will certainly not go unnoticed, especially by the good people in Flint. Props!

http://www.vibe.com/2016/01/the-game-to-donate-to-flint-water-crisis/

K9l and Ordinary Joel like this.
    K9l and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. K9l

K9l Colder than a polar bear's toenails

Jan 27, 2016
    Game's a pretty good guy once you get past some of the s--- he does

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024