The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (2015) (HBO)

Started by Charlie Work, Apr 21, 2016, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Has anybody seen this? Holy fuuuuuuuck. @MovieSXN

Pinhead and DKC like this.
    Pinhead and DKC like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 21, 2016
    Watched it over a few days when I was sick earlier this year. Dat ending doe.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Charlie Work

Apr 21, 2016
    The trial in Texas was nuts. I assumed the lawyers would argue it wasn't him who did it, and the next thing I know they're admitting to him dismembering a body and dumping it. Self defense?!?! :WerdumFace: f---in' Texas. This dude is a billionaire serial killer and so cold blooded that he can do interviews about it straight faced and even take the stand as a murder suspect and make the jury laugh. Shows up to the interview about him being a murderer without his lawyer. Dude wtf.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah dude, the fact that the defense was able to make the jury forget about the dismemberment and deem it irrelevant because the case was about whether or not he MURDERED HIM specifically is absolutely insane. I love how they started off with that trial and left the reveal til 3 or 4 eps in. f---in insane.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Charlie Work

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah, the makers definitely knew to start the show off with a guy fishing a torso out of a lake by sticking his hand down its neck. It worked well because that's the instance where the detectives are actually led to Durst so they're kind of stand-ins for the audience. I'm honestly convinced dude has some form of schizophrenia and the weed he was puffing was what made him put on wigs and use aliases. Paranoid MFer. Said his occupation was "chief botanist" lel. All of the recreations were on point as well. You can tell HBO put money into this after they got that conclusion.

d---. I just wish at the end of true crime stuff like this the people would fully confess and we'd get to hear what really happened. I've read speculation that Durst would buy dogs and practice dismembering them before he did it on his wife. His brother said something about him running through dogs in an interview after the show and the prosecution called somebody in the Texas trial who said that was not a first timer's dismemberment. I just want to see inside of his head.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024