Politics The Official Donald Trump Administration Thread

Started by what, Jan 20, 2017, in Life Add to Reading List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderface

Sep 5, 2018
    If Kavanaugh gets confirmed, American democracy is officially finished.

Poly likes this.
    Poly likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. Howie

Sep 5, 2018
    This was epic and also shows that Republicans have completely sold their souls. The administration openly knows he is not fit to be President but are complacent.

Kon and Enigma like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Howie

Sep 5, 2018
    Why?

Apr 20, 2024
  4. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Sep 5, 2018
    Holy s---...

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. Enigma

Sep 5, 2018
    He’ll undoubtedly get confirmed. Republicans in Congress & the White House are speeding through the process & withholding records from Kavanaugh’s time in the bush administration. Something like only 3% of kavanaugh’s records have been made public.

Apr 20, 2024
  6. Howie

Sep 6, 2018
    I have yet to see a single reason for why Kavanaugh is SOOO bad. It seems like a bunch of grandstanding by Democrats who are running in 2020.

Apr 20, 2024
  7. Enigma

Sep 6, 2018
    He’s anti abortion & doesn’t think presidents should be subject to independent counsel investigations — let alone be indicted. He also likely supported the legality of torture during his time in the bush administration. Ask yourself why Republicans are concealing all his records from the public. It’s clear they don’t want the general public to know about his past.

Apr 20, 2024
  8. Howie

Sep 6, 2018
    The nominee is going to be anti-abortion. There are a lot of pro-choice American's who are also anti-abortion such as Tim Kaine. I thought his answer on the Roe v Wade was acceptable. I think Democrats are making the wrong argument by attacking the man but maybe they feel this is the only way to stop or slow down this nomination. Trump should not be able to appoint while under investigation or after what they did to Merrick Garland, but Kavanaugh seems to be a pretty fair and balanced judge. His answer on guns was acceptable as well.

He said Bill Clinton should not have independent investigations or be indicted and I agreed. I hate Trump as much as the next guy, but him being indicted would be absolute chaos. The answer is impeachment. Let Congress do their job.

Apr 20, 2024
  9. Enigma

Sep 6, 2018
    Kavanaugh isn’t pro choice at all. He doesn’t believe Roe v. Wade is settled law:

Anyone who’s looking to strip rights away from Americans should not sit on the highest court of the country.

Kavanaugh was part of the independent counsel that investigated Clinton. He even advocated for subpoenaing Clinton. Now, he think independent counsels have too much power & believe presidents shouldn’t be subjected to investigations while in office. Absolutely ridiculous & undermines the central theme in the American justice system that no one is above the law.

This is not to mention, he’s given some awful responses during these hearings. Kamala Harris made him look totally unprepared & dumbfounded yesterday:

Poly and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Poly and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

Sep 6, 2018
    Holy s--- Kamala completely destroyed him, embarrassing.

He just didn’t wanna admit anything unless he knew specifically she had something on him, which it seems like what he was trying to figure out.

Enigma and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Enigma and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. Howie

Sep 6, 2018
    That law firm has like 300 lawyers and he is under oath. If it was a direct question, she would specify the people like Senator Lee stated. If she knew of a conversation, it would have been a significantly moment, but she is just fishing. If he had, then what?

This is all just a waste of time.

Also, these protests are becoming embarrassing and I feel they are going to be counterproductive.

Apr 20, 2024
  12. Enigma

Sep 6, 2018
    That’s been the norm these entiring hearings. Republicans hardly even asking questions at times & democrats grilling a clearly shaken Kavanaugh.

The question wasn’t have you ever talked to anyone in the law firm, it was very specific. Have you talked to anyone in the president’s lawyers law firm about the special counsel investigation? Like she said in the clip, he displayed a great memory when recollecting on other topics but now all of a sudden, he plays dumb? Kavanaugh was controversial when Bush appointed him to the appeals court. He lied to Congress under oath back then too. It shouldn’t shock anyone that he’s a controversial nominee for the Supreme Court.

I don’t know how someone who lives in a country where almost everything that’s good, has happened because of organized protests, can think protests are counterproductive. If you think this is bad, Republicans literally blocked Obama from replacing Scalia’s seat in the Supreme Court. They didn’t even give Merrick Garland a hearing! Ted Cruz said that if Hillary won, they should keep the Supreme Court seat open for the entirety of her term. But f--- Democrats for protesting & asking some tough questions, right?

Poly and Kon like this.
    Poly and Kon like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. Howie

Sep 7, 2018
    A specific question would being asking did you talk to 'insert name here'. He's not playing dumb. He's under oath and is not going to lie if she actually knew something that he had forgotten, but of course she had nothing and was just grandstanding for 2020.

Half right. These protesters are an embarrassment. They solve nothing and change nothing. Of course everyone should be asking tough questions. Everything good happens because of organized protests? Trump voters certainly seem like organized protest, but I'm sure you don't think that is good. Tea Party, Charlottesville, Westboro Baptist Church...all organized protests, but don't seem very good to me. I'm going to credit capitalism, but whatever, it's your opinion.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Enigma

Sep 7, 2018
    He didn’t have to lie lol. He could have easily just said, “not that I remember.” Instead, he sat there & tried to play dumb like he didn’t understand what she was trying to ask. The question wasn’t rocket science. She was being very clear in what she was asking. Kavanaugh just continuously fumbled his response & looked like a nervous mess. Oh, Kavanaugh knows all about lying under oath:

We can literally go back to any time period, Iraq War, civil rights, Vietnam etc. and you can find a large chunk of the population that thought protesters in those time periods were “embarrassing.” You’re twisting my words, I said almost everything good that’s happened in this country has happened because of organized protests. From labor rights, civil rights, human rights etc. were all a productive of citizens taking action & making their voices heard. What’s so embarrassing about protesting a judge that could very well be the deciding vote that over rules Roe v. Wade? Or could be the deciding votes that rules a president cannot he indicted or subpoena’d?

Apr 20, 2024
  15. Howie

Sep 7, 2018
    It's embarrassing because they do it like children by standing up and screaming for attention. I will not be comparing them to John Lewis anytime soon.

Are we talking about the same people? I'm hating on the people in the crowd, not Harris or Booker. Although, they need to ask tough questions, but also be prepared. Booker got caught playing a very stupid game and Harris should only be asking that question if she already knew the answer like a good prosecutor would.

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Enigma

Sep 7, 2018
    I think all protests involve some screaming... I’m just saying, you sound like all the Silent Generation people during the Vietnam War that dismissed all the hippies that were protesting because they were loud, obnoxious, care free etc.

In other news, obama going off:

Poly likes this.
    Poly likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. Enigma

Sep 9, 2018

Good thing that war hawk Clinton didn’t win the election!

Apr 20, 2024
  18. Kon

Kon

Sep 13, 2018
    Trump’s 2 tweets about Puerto Rico today are some of the lowest things he’s ever said, absolutely disgusting.

Not sure how anyone can still support him, you almost have to be as inhumane and stupid as he is.

DKC and Enigma like this.
    DKC and Enigma like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  19. Enigma

Sep 13, 2018
    Just about to post this. He never ceases to amaze me. 3000 people die in a natural disaster that the federal government responded poorly to & his response is “3000 people didn’t die. That’s a made up number by the democrats!!” Go tell that to the thousands of people who are still mourning family members you egotistic piece of s---.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  20. Howie

Sep 13, 2018
    I wish I could say I'm surprised. He has no floor when it comes to being a s--- person.

Apr 20, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.