Politics The Official Donald Trump Administration Thread

Started by what, Jan 20, 2017, in Life Add to Reading List

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Sep 27, 2018
    People really don’t grasp the fact that this isn’t a trial. Kavanaugh is not at risk of doing any jail time. There wasn’t even a proper investigation done into these accusations. If senators think he probably tried to r--- her but aren’t totally certain, they still shouldn’t confirm him. We’re talking the Supreme Court here. The highest court in the country. The standard should match the occupation. Rejecting Kavanaugh a seat on the Supreme Court because of these accusations would be the right call. He’d go back to being a federal judge making very good money. That’s hardley a punishment or “ruining his life” like Republicans are screaming.

Apr 23, 2024
  2. eddie313

eddie313 MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY

Sep 27, 2018
    After this I dont think he would want to go back to being a regular judge this hearing is embarrassing for him...punishment for sure

Apr 23, 2024
  3. Enigma

Sep 27, 2018
    That’s his choice. If he was rejected this seat, he could go back to being a circuit court judge. There’s nothing preventing him from doing that.

Apr 23, 2024
  4. eddie313

Sep 27, 2018
    True but this is big man ...his life is in an uproar right now over partisan beef

Apr 23, 2024
  5. Enigma

Sep 27, 2018
    Well... that’s what happens when you decide to accept a nomination to the Supreme Court. He knew it was going to be a huge partisan fight. He knew democrats were going to dig into every inch of his life. He knows he has a history of binge drinking & questionable interactions with females. Like... I don’t buy all this bs that Kavanaugh was shocked by these allegations. Republicans prepared a letter & had dozens of women in Kavanaugh’s life sign it applauding his character & morals. They did this BEFORE the first allegation even became public. They knew about these allegations. Kavanaugh knew about these allegations. If he didn’t want to be put on the spot, he should have rejected the nomination or withdrawn.

Apr 23, 2024
  6. Enigma

Sep 28, 2018

Republicans really sold their souls man... it’s instances like this where I really don’t get when people say both parties are equally as bad. A dem president in 2018 would have never nominated a judge with sexual assault accusations floating around & had he/she did, there would have been an IMMEDIATE call for an FBI investigation into the accusations. This is just ridiculous...

eddie313 likes this.
    eddie313 likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  7. eddie313

Sep 28, 2018
    Ya was discussing the same thing with a friend of mine...The course of history has been permanently changed

Apr 23, 2024
  8. Enigma

Sep 28, 2018

I’m thankful that one GOP Senator finally came to their senses but this should be standard. Calling for a federal investigation of sexual assault accusations against a Supreme Court nominee is not irrational, it’s logical. It should also be noted that shortly before senator Flake called for an FBI investigation, this happened:

Protesting makes a difference....it matters. @Howie i think it was you I was discussing protesting with a couple weeks ago.

Apr 23, 2024
  9. Howie

Sep 28, 2018
    Yes, and maybe I'm walking too fine of a line, but standing up in a courtroom and yelling like a crazy person is counterproductive. Flake stood there and listened to this lady and of course that seems to have had an effect on him. There is a time and a place. It's not always ideal but you have to use tact if you want to be heard. We agree protesting matters, but how you protest matters too.

I have no doubt he is going to be confirmed. Are you still holding out?

eddie313 likes this.
    eddie313 likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  10. Enigma

Sep 28, 2018
    It’s probable he still gets confirmed unless the FBI is able to some how verify a part of Ford’s story. Even something as small as a person coming out & confirming that this party took place would be huge. It would further boost Ford’s credibility & put even more pressure on some of the more moderate Republicans. I’m not holding my breathe though, odds are like 85%-15 he gets confirmed.

Howie likes this.
    Howie likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  11. Howie

Sep 28, 2018
    I think it was going to go this way anyway, but it appears the Senate Republicans have sacrificed the House for a Supreme Court seat. It would be fitting if they lost the Senate now as well.

Apr 23, 2024
  12. Enigma

Sep 28, 2018
    It’s looking like they’ll lose the house, senate is a tough one though. It’s a tough map for Dems in the senate. It wouldn’t be improbable for Dems to take control of the senate but probably unlikely.

Apr 23, 2024
  13. slimshady099

slimshady099 Banned

Sep 29, 2018
    Don't know where else to post this, but could this be what Trump means by "Fake News" ..

That like to dislike ratio though.

Apr 23, 2024
  14. Enigma

Sep 29, 2018
    Hi space monkey lmao

Apr 23, 2024
  15. slimshady099

slimshady099 Banned

Sep 29, 2018
    Space monkey 7?

Apr 23, 2024
  16. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Sep 29, 2018
    Fake News were fraudulent articles, lies made up from whole cloth, mocked up to look like legitimate news articles "Denzel Washington endorses Trump for President, chanel 8 news reports." That were spread on social media prior to the 2016 election.

Trump calls anything that happens and is reported on that is embarrassing to him or not helpful to his agenda, "fake news."

What you posted was some human interest opinion piece... I didn't even see the organization identified... but they clearly identify it as opinion right away.

Enigma, Howie and M Solo like this.
    Enigma, Howie and M Solo like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  17. slimshady099

slimshady099 Banned

Sep 29, 2018
    You neocon bootlickers act like Trump came up with the idea of fake news.. what about all the progressives, libertarians and classical libs who already didn't trust NBC, CNN etc long before Trump ran for office? People are right not to trust them because they lie constantly. Lying = Fake News.

And lmao @ "human interest opinion piece." What I posted was blatantly racist propaganda from the legacy media, but you probably didn't even notice that it was racist because you've been so indoctrinated into feeling bad about your race. Sad!

Fausto likes this.
    Fausto likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  18. Enigma

Sep 29, 2018

White House is only allowing the FBI to investigate certain accusations, not all of them.

Apr 23, 2024
  19. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Sep 29, 2018
    You f---ing morons and your word salads.

Do you know what a Neocon even is? A Neocon is somebody like Scooter Libby... who endangered patriotic Americans to ensure the start of the Iraq War... the only Neocon to be punished for his actions in the build up to the Iraq War.

Trump pardoned him basically saying it was okay to put American Service People in harms way to start the Iraq War.

Bretton Kavanaugh is another Neocon... worked in the Bush43's White House during the first 3 years of the Iraq War then was appointed a Circuit Judge by George W. Bush to rule in favor of his Administration on things like holding American Citizens indefinitely without bringing charges against them.

I mean, John Bolton is Trump's National Security Advisor for Christ sake.

I bet your a big fan of Foxnews.. literally the official Neocon propaganda arm for decades.

You call news organizations that adhere to journalistic standards and practices and have things like, research departments and paid fact checkers as "legacy media" like that is a bad thing... it's not.

I didn't watch very much of the option piece your dumb a--- thought was news..

It wasn't very interesting and kind of meh and stated as an opinion of someone who I don't know or care about.

It sure got your insecure helpless a--- riled up, huh?

Maybe you aren't proud of anything about yourself so you are grasping at straws with the race thing...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  20. slimshady099

slimshady099 Banned

Sep 30, 2018
    Neocon / neoliberal same thing. That's what you are whether you realize it or not.

Multi-national multi-billion dollar corporations don't have journalistic standards. They are for-profit corporations that hide behind "journalistic integrity" to defame people and spread lies. They don't have research departments, they have propaganda departments. They don't have paid fact checkers, they have paid fact skewers. This is what is meant by legacy media. If you knew that you would have known I was referring to Fox News as well. This is how brain-dead you are. I would advise you to stop watching TV news but at this point you are probably beyond saving. The brain damage you have suffered is permanent. Poor Space Monkey.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Apr 23, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.