Spoilers The Walking Dead [AMC]

Started by Zlitchufdux, Nov 27, 2014, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. soul intent

soul intent The dude tho

Mar 18, 2017
    It's been a chore to get through these last few episodes. The pacing of this show has always been hit and miss but it's been miss this whole season

Apr 25, 2024
  2. Simon023

Mar 18, 2017
    I haven't watched it the past couple weeks because I got bored with it. Is it that bad?

Apr 25, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 18, 2017
    There's too many characters to cover them all in every single episode imo. I really don't mind when they focus on 1-2 groups per episode (I'd rather them do that than create filler for characters who don't have anything to do at the moment), but I agree that right now focusing on one group per ep doesn't make a ton of sense. What happened in the last four episodes could have been condensed to two where they switch off between everyone probably.

They should have each season be 12 episodes and do six in the summer/fall six in the winter/spring. There's usually about four episodes of filler, lol. Granted, I think people are exaggerating how badly this fell off. Show is much more interesting than it was the first few seasons. I'd rather suffer through a bit of filler than it be outright terrible like it was sometimes at the beginning.

Apr 25, 2024
  4. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Mar 18, 2017
    I stopped watching this like 3 seasons ago now, I just could not stay interested.

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 18, 2017
    Seasons 4-7 are way better than 1-3 btw.

Apr 25, 2024
  6. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Mar 18, 2017
    I loved seasons 1-3. I think I stopped watching a little into season 5 IIRC. I just got burnt out with it.

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. prison mike

prison mike I'M PRISON MIKE!

Mar 18, 2017
    As I type my opinions and theories, the further along I go, the more I realize that I was never diagnosed with ADHD, but f--- doctors.

I think they'll spend the rest of this season building up to the All Out War arc, which will begin in Season 8. I'm not surprised.. Look how much they milked the Negan intro last season... Even leaving the identity of the major character death a mystery in order to simultaneously create suspense for months and pissing off the majority of their hardcore fans for such a pointless tactic. TWD, for the most part, has a pretty dedicated following, so finally bringing Negan into the story, then butchering his most significant act, a brutal murder that set the tone for that character - I was frustrated.

But they did redeem themselves in the premiere. It's hard to k--- off two major characters within ten minutes, especially on a series that wasn't in end game mode, wrapping up storylines for completion, but rather a show that most likely has at LEAST 5 seasons left. Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk Empire, though I'd say the writers felt a major blow was needed to set the tone of the series, and also villainize the lead.

I'm rambling... One thing I have enjoyed about Season 7, is that for the most part, they've kept the show's storylines as close to the source material as possible. If they continue to stick to that formula, the wait will be worth the pay off.

All Out War is one of the best story arcs in the Graphic Novels. After it concludes, the whisperers are brought into play, and I think they're some of the most intriguing antagonists the group has ever dealt with, though the leader, Alpha, proves to be the Apocalyptic version of an ISIS extremist, using severed heads to mark the boundaries between the Whisperers and Alexandria.

However, for all this to work perfectly, JDM has to commit to the role of Negan, who is probably my favorite character. He's f---in' hilarious pretty much all the time. He's not unlike Rick, with plans to re-establish something resembling civilization.

Plus Negan trying to find his groove after joining the Whisperers is hilarious.

My favorite Negan quote lmao.

[​IMG]

Apr 25, 2024
  8. asvdawg

Mar 19, 2017

Apr 25, 2024
  9. rapmusik

Mar 19, 2017
    Yeah this pacing is a---

Apr 25, 2024
  10. FBG President

FBG President Super super

Mar 19, 2017
    They really made a character named Jesus gay. I'm

Apr 25, 2024
  11. prison mike

Mar 21, 2017
    I actually liked the ending. Sasha a thug when she needs to be. She will get killed or taken hostage. Also, I think Dwight is at the point where he's gonna betray Negan. It seems like it's about the right time for them to use that angle.

Also, the knife fighting training session in the beginning was one of the dumbest f---in' things I've ever seen. It just looked so corny. Like if it was ANY other show, there would've been Yoga going on instead.

asvdawg likes this.
    asvdawg likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. Cerrone

Cerrone Anyone, any time, any place

Mar 21, 2017
    Nah, I feel like we'll see it start in the last episode of this season and have the first half of S8 solely dedicated to the All Out War arc.

Apr 25, 2024
  13. prison mike

Mar 21, 2017
    Probably in the final scene. We'll see them marching towards the Sanctuary when Cavewoman with the f----- up haircut catches a slug to the melon, but walks away unscathed. Seriously though I'm 98% positive it'll be some sort of disappointing cliff hanger.

Given the events of this episode, I saw some potential comic elements that could be molded to fit the show's storyline.
    Man, I really f---in' type too much, I can't help it.

Sasha:
    I figured she'd be killed as soon as she walked in, but then I figured nah. In the Comics, during the war, after Eugene is captured, The Saviors base gets hit hard, and Rick's team uses something to lure a f--- load of walkers inside their fences. Then they leave, and Rick tries to drive a car through a fence to open weaken their defenses even more, but for some reason he f---s up, and some random chick named Holly does it, but gets captured in the process. Negan keeps her prisoner, kills one of his own guys in front of her after he catches him attempting to r--- her, and eventually agrees to give her back to Alexandria. But when he makes the hand off you find out that he killed her and let her turn, and she ends up killing their doctor I think, but s--- gets f---in' crazy after that.

Dwight @ the end.
    Even after Negan's incarceration in the comics, he knows that treated Dwight the way he did was the beginning of the end for him, cause Dwight's intel helped defeat the Saviors.

During a meeting between Alexandria, HillTop and the Kingdom where they discuss strategy, Ezekiel reveals that he has new information from an inside man, and Dwight walks out. Rick doesn't trust him, but Dwight promises that he hates Negan just as much. He gives them information and on at least two occasions proved that he could, without a doubt, be trusted completely.

1) During an assault on Alexandria where the Saviors show up with all kinds of explosives and start chunking them over the wall, destroying a few houses in the process., Dwight tries to give the group a heads up, but can't communicate w/ them right, so instead, he passes out headshots to the crew backing him and tosses their weapons and the rest of their explosives to Alexandria, which evens the playing field.

2) The big one. At the end of the war, Negan comes up with the idea of covering the groups' weapons with walker juice so that even if they only manage to deliver a scratch to the enemy, that person will eventually die from the infection either way. Final battle @ HillTop, Negan tells Dwight to s---t Rick with his crossbow. Dwight does what he was told, but as Rick's group notices the symptoms of their recently deceased, they expect their Leader to join the Undead soon, but when they realize Rick's fine because Dwight used a plain ol' ordinary arrow with no walker guts on it. Rick know Negan thinks he's dying so he confronts him for a quick mindfuck before they start fighting. Rick slits Negan's throat, and Negan beats the f--- out of him while simultaneously bleeding profusely,

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. Cerrone

Cerrone Anyone, any time, any place

Mar 21, 2017
    Nah, I think we'll see the first skirmish between them happening in the last episode with it ending on the implied march toward the sanctuary with episode 1 of season 8 picking up there. They are to smart to do all this build up and not give the fans at least a taste of whats to come.

As for Sasha's fate, I thought that at first but I think they'll stay pretty true to the comics with that scene or use a B character (possibly the lesbian chick whose name I cant remember) instead. Unless they make Rosita an expert marksmen all of a sudden, there are some aspects of All out war that require a sniper that only sasha can fill.

Apr 25, 2024
  15. prison mike

Mar 21, 2017
    I could see that, them marching into battle, then fade to credits. I'd prefer it over last season's cliff hanger.

True. I was thinking Tara would make sense for that plot as well. Since her gf doctor died (and even before that, h--- pretty much since her debut) she hasn't had much of a story. Every now and then, they'll toss her more screen time, but sometimes it feels like she has JUST enough dialogue to not fit the paygrade of an extra. I won't miss her.

Apr 25, 2024
  16. rapmusik

Mar 21, 2017
    kind of reminds me of when we first saw the prison. That's how it was right? Showed the prison and cut to credits?

Cerrone and prison mike like this.
    Cerrone and prison mike like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. prison mike

Mar 21, 2017
    Great example, yeah the camera pans out to show that the group isn't far from the prison and then it's done.

Apr 25, 2024
  18. The Mack

Mar 23, 2017
    Bruh if Rosita dies I'm done watching this show. That dude with the bow at the end isn't Daryl, it's that one anorexic dude with a burnt face. She better drop him.

Apr 25, 2024
  19. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Mar 23, 2017
    Don't worry Scott Gimple said there will not be a cliff hanger this season; but people will die

Apr 25, 2024
  20. prison mike

Mar 26, 2017
    Rosita fine af.

Cerrone, The Mack and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024