THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE

Started by Tha_Goat, Jun 5, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Tha_Goat

Tha_Goat A man got to have a code

Oct 29, 2017
    For all you R+L=J Supporters a few questions...
    What would this do for this story? Everyone vying for the throne would literally have to throw in the towel if that were the case. How would that play out? Stannis would dismiss it and pretend he never heard it. Cercei wouldn't believe it and drink some more wine. Dany & Aegon would also dismiss it as well as their claim is hurt by Jon's. Also think about how people would react when they find out how he learned this...

Bran who would now be his cousin traveled on the back of Hodor with 2 crannogmen (who are the least respected people in Westeros) to beyond the wall. Beyond the wall they met Bloodraven in a cave who is around 120 years old and attached to a tree. Bloodraven taught Bran how to see the past through Weirwood trees. Yea I don't think this is a very believable story even if it was true and Howland Reed came out from wherever he was to back up Jon's claim.

Jon has no dragon dreams which is a common Targaryen trait. The closest thing to "dragons" Jon is aligned with is the constellation the Ice Dragon. Moreover, Jon is most heavily correlated with "Dawn." The Battle for the Dawn and the legendary sword of House Dayne, Dawn. He is the sword of the morning come again. Jon being the true son of Ned and Ashara add's more to the story than Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyannas. Winterfell is truly his (not to mention Robb made Jon his heir in his will). And all of Ned's children with Cat are technically b------s. Cat's biggest fear was Jon taking what is "rightfully" her children's. Jon's entire upbringing had to do with his mother not his father and his struggle of not being a true Stark and part of the family.
    And with that said here is the proper timeline of Roberts Rebellion (Through Ned & Ashara. Remember Ned was bringing Ashara with him to Brandon's wedding to ask his father for his permission to marry her):
    [​IMG]
    283: Jon Arryn calls the banners
    - Ned goes through the mountains and fingers (roughly 26-31 days about 470-570 miles)
    - Ned than takes a fishing boat to Sisterton (roughly 15 days about 590-650 miles)
    - Ned takes a boat to White Harbor (roughly 4 days about 420 miles)
    - Ned rides or takes boat upriver to Winterfell (roughly 10 days 630 miles) (He leaves Ashara in White Harbor. Most likely being hidden in the Wolfs Den)
    - Ned waits for his banner men to arrive at least 41 days (It is at this time Ned probably made a trip back to White Harbor to spend time with Ashara while he waits for his banner men. They do the tango a few times and she becomes pregnant with Jon.)
    - Ned and Co march south to the crossing to meet Jon Arryn (roughly 83 days about 16650 miles)
    - Ned Marches to Riverrun (about 24 days 470 miles)
    - Ned rides to Stoney Sept (Battle of the Bells) to save Robert (about 8 days roughly 280 miles)
    - Ned marches back to Riverrun to Marry Cat (about 10-14 days roughly 280 miles)
    - Battle of the Trident 130 days later
    - Dany is conceived prior to the sack of Kings Landing
    -Sack of KL about 15 days later
    - Jon is born (within a month of Dany's conception)
    [​IMG]

Accept it. Jon is Ned's. Aegon is Legit and Cercei is a dumb whor-.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Tha_Goat

Dec 28, 2017
    I know I've sort of been M.I.A. on here for the past 6 weeks but I just have been super busy. So for all those who were enjoying these "Theories/Spoilers" we back!
    [​IMG]

Missandei the Faceless Man

1) The assumption is she's a little girl, but Arya thought the Waif was a little girl too and she was 36. We know that CotF and Naathi (hey, Naathi... Braavosi... hm.) are rumored to share a common ancestry. Perhaps Missandei isn't the age she's saying she is.

Arya and the waif:
    The waif nodded. Arya nodded back, and in her best Braavosi said, “How many years have you?”
    The waif showed ten fingers. Then ten again, and yet again. Then six. Her face remained as smooth as still water. She can’t be six-and-thirty, Arya thought. She’s a little girl. “You’re lying,” she said. The waif shook her head and showed her once again: ten and ten and ten and six. She said the words for six-and-thirty, and made Arya say them too.

I know the KM tells her her appearance is because of poisons, but maybe that's just a half truth and she's actually Naathi as well. At this point Arya isn't good at the lying game yet. (edit: And neither was I when I first wrote this paragraph - right before you read #9 you'll see a more complete analysis of this conversation)

SoS Naathi people as explained to Dany:
    Dany had grown very fond of Missandei. The little scribe with the big golden eyes was wise beyond her years.She is brave as well. She had to be, to survive the life she’s lived. One day she hoped to see this fabled isle of Naath. Missandei said the Peaceful People made music instead of war. They did not k---, not even animals; they ate only fruit and never flesh. The butterfly spirits sacred to their Lord of Harmony protected their isle against those who would do them harm. Many conquerors had sailed on Naath to blood their swords, only to sicken and die.The butterflies do not help them when the slave ships come raiding, though. “I am going to take you home one day, Missandei,” Dany promised. If I had made the same promise to Jorah, would he still have sold me? “I swear it.”
    “This one is content to stay with you, Your Grace. Naath will be there, always. You are good to this - to me.

golden eyes, wise beyond her years - CotF had golden eyes and look like Children
    made music - the Children sing the songs of the earth
    the conquered, but would sicken and die - I wonder if Missandei ever explained HOW the soldiers got sickened. Tears of Lys?
    to this - to me - slip up! actively corrects herself!
    2) Her brother who died in Mereen, perhaps he wasn't her brother per se, but her partner in delivering the gift among the slaves at Astapor. I think he was killed by the harpy, but his role as a slave was either a cover or perhaps she's taken over the role of what used to be a real 11 year old girl who went through h--- as a young slave.

ADoD, Dany, after death of Missandei's brother:
    “He taught me how to climb a tree when we were little. He could catch fish with his hands. Once I found him sleeping in our garden with a hundred butterflies crawling over him. He looked so beautiful that morning, this one … I mean, I loved him.
    “As he loved you.” Dany stroked the girl’s hair. “Say the word, my sweet, and I will send you from this awful place. I will find a ship somehow and send you home. To Naath.”
    “I would sooner stay with you.
    On Naath I’d be afraid. What if the slavers came again? I feel safe when I’m with you.”

Slip up number two with Dany. If it isn't a big deal to say "this one" why is she correcting herself?
    Now you can't keep tabs on the queen if she sends you home. Also, with her brother dead you would not think feeling safe with Dany is a good reason for staying. Maybe it was the best excuse she could come up with on short notice, or maybe this was what the FM heard from an 11 year old girl slave who wanted to die.

She claims to have 3 brothers, 2 fully trained and also has memories of Naath with them when unsullied training takes a minimum of 9 years and she's 10. How could she be climbing trees and catching fish at 1 year old at the most, minus time for her to be captured and shipped to Astapor. She can't have memories of being a child playing with at least 2 of 3 brothers fully trained with how long the training takes.
    The math on the lenght of that training according to what we're told in the book works out to this: unsullied start training at 5 years of age, Dany sees soldiers for sale ranging from 14 to 20 in the ranks. (ACOK when first inspecting them) That's a minimum of 9 years training and her brothers are all older then her because at least one of them is full unsullied, a commander even. In order for her to be older then 10, but still be able to plausibly have the memories she claims she does, she would have to have injested some sort of no-growth age-arresting potion, like the waif must have been exposed to in her daily duties managing the FM cocktails of poisons. Or she's picking them up from the dead girl's face she's wearing. :emoji_wink:

3) Missandei is one of the few who express their objection of the upcoming marriage to Dany. Perhaps because she knows more then she lets on and its a trap.

ADoD, Missandei talking with Dany before the wedding:

When he was gone, Missandei brought the queen a simple meal of goat cheese and olives, with raisins for a sweet. “Your Grace needs more than wine to break her fast. You are such a tiny thing, and you will surely need your
    strength today.”
    That made Daenerys laugh, coming from a girl so small. She relied so much on the little scribe that she oft forgot
    that Missandei had only turned eleven.
    They shared the food together on her terrace. As Dany nibbled on an olive, the Naathi girl gazed at her with eyes like molten gold and said, “It is not too late to tell them that you have decided not to wed.”
    It is, though, the queen thought, sadly. “Hizdahr’s blood is ancient and noble. Our joining will join my freedmen to his people. When we become as one, so will our city.” “Your Grace does not love the noble Hizdahr. This one thinks you would sooner have another for your husband.”
    Maybe she forgets she's 11 because she's NOT! And Dany can't see golden eyes is trying to warn you off! Her serious gaze is set to ON beware! lol

4) Barristan, who expounds earlier in his POV's about kingsguard needing to be always on the alert, gets snuck up on by Missandei:

Barristan about how a kingsguard needs to be on their toes:
    But the battle was never truly done for a knight of the Kingsguard. Threats came from everywhere and nowhere, at any time of day or night. No trumpets announced the foe: vassals, servants, friends, brothers, sons, even wives, any of them might have knives concealed beneath their cloaks and murder hidden in their hearts. For every hour of fighting, a Kingsguard knight spent ten thousand hours watching, waiting, standing silent in the shadows. King Hizdahr’s pit fighters were already growing bored and restive with their new duties, and bored men were lax, slow to react.

So he's pretty critical of the pit fighters but...

Barristan being snuck up on:
    “She might be flying home,” he told himself, aloud. “No,” murmured a soft voice behind him. “She would not do that, ser. She would not go home without us.”
    Ser Barristan turned. “Missandei. Child. How long have you been standing there?”

5) He can't read Missandei real feelings well, which, for someone who is supposed to be on top of how people are behaving about their King/Queen, seems remarkable.

Barristan's conversation with Missandei:
    This one understands.” Missandei turned as if to go, then paused a moment and said, “It is said that the Yunkai’i have ringed the city all about with scorpions, to loose iron bolts into the sky should Drogon return.”
    Ser Barristan had heard that too. “It is no simple thing to slay a dragon in the sky. In Westeros, many tried to bring down Aegon and his sisters. None succeeded.”
    Missandei nodded. It was hard to tell if she was reassured. “Do you think that they will find her, ser? The grasslands are so vast, and dragons leave no tracks across the sky.”
    “Aggo and Rakharo are blood of her blood … and who knows the Dothraki sea better than Dothraki?” He
    squeezed her shoulder. “They will find her if she can be found.” If she still lives. There were other khals who prowled the grass, horselords with khalasars whose riders numbered in the tens of thousands. But the girl did not need to hear that. “You love her well, I know. I swear, I shall keep
    her safe.”
    The words seemed to give the girl some comfort.

First of all there's the "this one" again. This time, with Barristan, she doesn't correct herself, even though in Dany's presence she corrects herself twice. Is she more concerned about putting up an act for Dany then she is for Barristan?Maybe Barristan isn't the only one who realizes he's not made for subterfuge. Run the numbers and comparison on how often she slips up, and most importantly - WHEN she decides to slip up vs not. my conclusion is, she doesn't feel the need to act in front of unperceptive Barristan:
    Basically, she's not correcting herself in front of Barristan, and even now only halfheartedly corrects herself in front of Dany. She only corrects herself to say "I" 2 times in ADWD, where in ASOS it's almost always "I" or correcting herself to "I". Barristan, who she knows isn't as perceptive as Dany and he affirms this in his own POV, is someone she doesn't work as hard at maintaining her cover with. Hence every single time it's "this one" in his presence and he has difficulty reading her emotions when he tries to give her assurances Dany is still alive. Numbers wise in ASOS the vast majority of time she corrects herself. In ADWD, people are used to her, she only corrects herself twice, and the other 11 times she refers to herself in conversation it's "this one" again. The only two times she corrects herself in ADWD to "I" is in front of Dany.
    Second, Barristan THINKS that she's telling him about the scorpions because she's worried, but if she's a FM probably she's just disseminating information to those that need to know again, that and trying to get information from him. She doesn't care about being reassured. And possibly, doesn't care about putting up an act in front of him as much as she does Dany.

6) People see her looking scrolls, even when she has absolutely nothing to do. Why is she looking through all that stuff? No one asks her why:

ADoD: Dany sees Missandei looking at scrolls after coming back from helping plague victims:
    When Daenerys returned to her pyramid, sore of limb and sick of heart, she found Missandei reading some old scroll whilst Irri and Jhiqui argued about Rakharo.
    ADoD: Missandei looking at scrolls while Dany's away:
    Afterward, back at the apex of the pyramid, Ser Barristan found Missandei amongst piles of scrolls and books, reading. “Stay here tonight, child,” he told her. “Whatever happens, whatever you see or hear, do not leave the queen’s chambers.”
    “This one hears,” the girl said. “If she may ask—”
    “Best not.”

Also by this point, she has no duties at all, Dany's gone. The amount of items she's going over has turned into piles now that she has time and no one to ask any questions about it.
    "Only Missandei remained, a forlorn little ghost haunting the queen’s chambers at the apex of the pyramid."

Foreshadowing?
    7) Missandei seems to hear more then most people, and seems to be trying to tell Dany in so many words how desperate the slaves are without giving away she's a spy:

At her command, Missandei stripped off her clothes and climbed in after her. “This one heard the Astapori scratching at the walls last night,” the little scribe said as she was washing Dany’s back.
    Irri and Jhiqui exchanged a look. “No one was scratching,” said Jhiqui. “Scratching … how could they scratch?”
    “With their hands,” said Missandei. “The bricks are old and crumbling. They are trying to claw their way into the city.”
    “This would take them many years,” said Irri. “The walls are very thick. This is known.”
    “It is known,” agreed Jhiqui.
    “I dream of them as well.” Dany took Missandei’s hand.
    “The camp is a good half-mile from the city, my sweetling. No one was scratching at the walls.”
    “Your Grace knows best,” said Missandei.

DOES her Grace know best? REALLY? Dany's dumb. It did not occur to her that Missandei might have left the pyramid and gone to check out what was happening closer to the wall. Maybe Missandei even gave the gift. And even if she didn't, we know about how Arya's being trained to use all her senses. I think Dany could die if she doesn't heed the warnings about how the slaves are suffering. Also Missandei specifically mentions the slaves scratching are Astapori. How could she know what city the scratchers were from unless she had seen it or heard their conversations to find out. If Missandei is tasked with delivering the gift in Astapor then its likely she would leave the pyramid from time to time to give the gift to them.

Another hint about how sensitive her hearing is from the same chapter:
    Daario’s announcement had sparked an uproar. Reznak was wailing, the Shavepate was muttering darkly, her bloodriders were swearing vengeance. Strong Belwas thumped his scarred belly with his fist and swore to eat Brown Ben’s heart with plums and onions. “Please,” Dany said, but only Missandei seemed to hear. The queen got to her feet. “Be quiet! I have heard enough.”

8) Finally, I think the very first conversation with Dany may have held a clue, though it could be easily said that it is probably a common phrase.
    SoS:

“I can give you freedom, but not safety,” Dany warned. “I have a world to cross and wars to fight. You may go hungry. You may grow sick. You may be killed.”
    “Valar morghulis,” said Missandei, in High Valyrian.

So taking this cracked pot out to its pulverized end, my thought is that she is Izembaro, the FM that the KM is sending Arya to. She had her previous partner (or partners?) killed and she's about to pick up a new apprentice. As a Braavosi based organization, a culture that doesn't even joke around when it comes to dragons, it seems only natural they would keep tabs on them and I would wonder why they wouldn't have a Faceless Man on the ground with Dany by now. On top of that, these dragons and dragon ruler don't have the same attitude towards slavery that the KM told Arya the Valyrians did, but if Dany starts allying herself with the slavers instead of actively trying to find a way to stop it, they would be in place to k--- her right away and k--- her dragons once they figure out how to do it.

The KM also said there aren't many female FM, it makes sense that he would send her to apprentice with one of the few female FM they have. I just can't see how Jaquen would be able to give Arya "the talk" once she "flowered".

Just as supporting info, I also came across this, Grey Worm's description of the nameless goddess. Makes me wonder if this is their version of the Many Faced God.
    “Worship,” Grey Worm said, “this one and his brothers beg your leave to bathe in the salt sea when our work here is done, that we might be purified according to the laws of our great goddess.”
    The queen had not known that the eunuchs had a goddess of their own. “Who is this goddess? One of the
    gods of Ghis?”
    Grey Worm looked troubled. “The goddess is called by many names. She is the Lady of Spears, the Bride of Battle, the Mother of Hosts, but her true name belongs only to these poor ones who have burned their manhoods upon her altar. We may not speak of her to others. This one begs your forgiveness.”

I've noticed two other passages in Arya chapters in AFFC that may indicate who this Goddess is. First note that from how Grey Worm words it, their belief is monotheistic. Second, when Arya enters the HoB&W, she sees a statue of an infant with a sword. (AFFC Arya I) later on she notes that soldiers prefer Bakkalon, the pale child (AFFC Arya II) when they come to the HoB&W. Finally Grey Worm calls her a Goddess. It seems quite likely that the God of death for the unsullied of Astapor may be the Goddess that Arya knows as Bakkalon, and that may be her true name or the name they give her when she specifically represents the aspect of death for them. (much as how God the father, Jesus the son, and the holy ghost are the three aspects of God in the Christian faith)

This would be a good reason for the HoB&W to specifically send a young female child to the ranks of the slave soldiers to give them the opportunity to get the gift of death. In this form she likely resembles the goddess they pray to. (Although "infant" is debatable.)

This also reminds me of when the KM asks Arya if she is sure she wants to be one of them because of the reference to private parts:
    He is trying to scare me away, Arya thought, the way he did with the worm. “I don’t care about that.”
    “You should. Stay, and the Many-Faced God will take your ears, your nose, your tongue. He will take your sad grey eyes that have seen so much. He will take your hands, your feet, your arms and legs, your private parts. He will take your hopes and dreams, your loves and hates. Those who enter His service must give up all that makes them who they are. Can you do that?”

So does this mean FM go as far as becoming unsullied in order to get the job done? Sure sounds like it.
    After Arya plays the lying game with the waif and finds out she's 36 and not a child, Arya asks the Kindly Man if she'll end up that way.
    AFFC Arya II:
    Arya bit her lip. “Will I be like her?”
    “No,” he said, “not unless you wish it. It is the poisons that have made her as you see her.”
    Poisons. She understood then. Every evening after prayer the waif emptied a stone flagon into the waters of the black pool.
    We've seen many types of poisons and not just the killer ones that are in the pool. We've seen them use a blinding poison to make acolytes loose their sight, so its not a big departure to think Arya concluded a bit too quickly that it was specifically the poisons in the pool that made the waif that way. In actuality, as their poisons teacher, she's had to continually expose herself to a poisons cocktail. A poison to prevent growth is probably just one of them. This proves that the conversation about the waif's stepmother poisoning her was the unexplained lie in a later lying game they had about the waif's history. So could the Goddess that Grey Worm cannot name to Dany be the Unsullied's version of the Many Faced God? And could Missandei be one of the Angels of death from the HoB&W that walks alongside them to take them away when their suffering is too great? Do you think this theory warrants a crackpot rating of 1 (just a hairline crack) or 10 (this pot is a humpty dumpty role model) and why?

9) Missandei helps Dany ask all the right questions in her brand new court:

from ASoS:
    “Your Worship, those sly rogues betrayed your trust. It was revealed that they were scheming to restore the Good Masters to power and the people to chains. Great Cleon exposed their plots and hacked their heads off with a cleaver, and the grateful folk of Astapor have crowned him for his valor.”
    “Noble Ghael,” said Missandei, in the dialect of Astapor, “is this the same Cleon once owned by Grazdan mo Ullhor?”
    Her voice was guileless, yet the question plainly made the envoy anxious. “The same,” he admitted. “A great man.”
    Missandei leaned close to Dany. “He was a butcher in Grazdan’s kitchen,” the girl whispered in her ear. “It was said he could slaughter a pig faster than any man in Astapor.”

I have given Astapor a butcher king. Dany felt ill, but she knew she must not let the envoy see it.
    Gee, the 11 year old was sure up on the gossip of who was slaughtering who and who owned who wasn't she? And the envoy sure didn't like Missandei asking that question. lol I'll say it again, the best Master of Whisperers is the one you don't even know you have!

10) Missandei helps Quentyn into death, and makes an interesting observation:
    Missandei sat at the bedside. She had been with the prince night and day, tending to such needs as he could express, giving him water and milk of the poppy when he was strong enough to drink, listening to the few tortured words he gasped out from time to time, reading to him when he fell quiet, sleeping in her chair beside him. Ser Barristan had asked some of the queen’s cupbearers to help, but the sight of the burned man was too much for even the boldest of them. And the Blue Graces had never come, though he’d sent for them four times. Perhaps the last of them had been carried off by the pale mare by now.
    The tiny Naathi scribe looked up at his approach.
    “Honored ser. The prince is beyond pain now. His Dornish gods have taken him home. See? He smiles.”
    (Barristan thinks)How can you tell? He has no lips.

Well this passage is interesting. Now not only is the 11 year old a genius scribe she's:
    • Taking the place of a maester on a death bed, properly administering a potion of milk of the poppy.
    • Not scared of horrific injuries.
    • Strong enough to sit with someone dying and give them comfort in their last moments basically acting just like an "angel of death" as the Kindly man has described it to Arya in the HoB&W.
    • Able to notice details about dead bodies Barristan can't, even though he's been killing for years and she's supposed to be a little girl. Like that the guy is smiling with no lips. Now what type of people would know what the musculature of face looks like when its smiling when there are no lips left? Maybe people who cut off faces so they can use them later! trolololol
    11) Missendei knows twelve languages expertly by the time Dany gets her when she's 10. Think about that for a second. Missandei is only trained as a scribe because she was found to have a gift for languages. How unlikely is it that an enslaved girl that used to live on an island who is old enough to remember living on said island by the time she is kidnapped had time to learn and be totally proficient at 12 languages? For instance, say she was enslaved at 4. By 10, that's only 6 years to become proficient at all of them. It is extremely unlikely that as an infant on an isolated island south of Valyria which is an area sailors avoid, that she would be exposed to more then 2 or 3 languages in addition to her mother tongue. Its far more likely she only learned her mother tongue. Because she was only trained as a scribe after they found out she had a talent for languages, how exactly did the girl pick all 12 of them up expertly while she was busy being a slave? It's not like slaves are given a bunch of free time and then fed, sheltered and housed for free. She would have been busy at whatever child labour they forced her on. Not an opportune time to pick up languages. If she picked up 2 or 3 others in the course of her work (from WHO other child laborers???) then she still would have had to have found the time amongst her increasing studies as a scribe and slave duties to learn the other 9 or 10 of them. Yes she could read them, but reading is not the same as speaking a language, and where would she have gotten all the materials to learn all the ins and out of pronunciation, and get them right every time? There is no way should could have picked up expert status in every language just by reading books alone in a 5 to 6 year time span. Expert status requires practice and speaking, not just reading. I will admit it seems likely that she could practice amongst the different slaves, but it seems like the slaves mostly speak Astapori's dialect. This is especially strange because the slaves would have been taken and started their training early as young boys. Therefore among the Astapori, there may be less need to speak in other languages as the young boys would have been forced early on to pick up the language - or they would have been killed.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Tha_Goat

May 1, 2020
    I’m back!!! I am trying to be more active let me know if there is a character or a specific topic you want to discuss...

Obviously a lot has happened since i stopped posting here, the show ended, the books still haven’t been released (except for some sample chapters and other ASOIAF material)

I will have a new post of some awesome topics to discuss unless any of you have something in particular in the meantime, it’s good to be back!!!

Stay medicated

lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

May 1, 2020
    They ruined the show and I’ll never forgive those loser writers

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Tha_Goat

May 1, 2020
    You are a 100% correct D&D deserve to be tortured in the deepest of the 7 hells, but the books are on a completely different level.
    Have you read the books/viewed any of the topics in here?

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

May 1, 2020
    Been sitting on the first book for a couple months now. My mom bought herself and my brother a set of the books, and she finished the first one and dropped it off at my house for me, but I’ve been putting it off. Gonna get to it eventually! Any word on if he’s actually gonna finish the series?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. Tha_Goat

May 1, 2020
    The fat f--- made a promise last year he would shave Winds (the 6th booth) in hands at event that was canceled this summer. He wrote in a recent blog post he actually has been quarantined on a mountain in a assistant and has been writing. In all likelyliness 2021 if at all...

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

May 1, 2020
    I’ve read and own the 5 main books, The World of Ice and Fire and A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. I also own Fire and Blood but have barely read any of it because I’m tired of waiting for WoW. Until that book comes out, I’ve basically closed the ASOIAF/GoT part of my mind.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Tha_Goat

May 1, 2020
    I understand completely. I’ve been so bored during this lockdown I figured let me give it a re-read. If you haven’t read Fire and Blood, don’t wait. It’s so good and any new George is welcomed. I don’t even consider the show when I talk about it, what a disgrace.

Are you a N+A=J or a R+L=J?

Tone Riggz likes this.
    Tone Riggz likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. marshmallow

May 1, 2020
    I don't recommend reading the books to anyone until Martin is finished with the series

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. Tone Riggz

May 1, 2020
    R+L=J. Ned wasn't like his brother or Robert, he wouldn't cheat.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. Tha_Goat

May 1, 2020
    Ned never cheated when he conceived Jon.

He met Ashara while his brother Brandon was still alive and betrothed to Cat. It wasn’t up till middle of Robert’s Rebellion did Ned agree to marry Cat in his brothers place (Jon Arryn was forced to take Lysa to wife). Ned has most likely already slept with Ashara multiple times at this point.

This is the reason why the Blackfish left Riverrun and went to become the Knight of the bloody Gate, he hated this brothers actions.

@marshmallow I disagree, they’re still an amazing read and Idt that fat f--- will finish them while alive honestly.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. Tone Riggz

May 2, 2020
    Yeah I don’t agree. Ned wasn’t smooth with the b------s like that. His brother Brandon was. And if Ned was banging Ashara before that, I don’t think he would just switch to Cat. He’s too honorable. Plus too much evidence points to Jon being Targ/Stark. Ashara is just a tragic figure, nothing more than that.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. Tha_Goat

May 2, 2020
    That’s the narrative most people have and its just wrong. Ned was forced into his marriage with Cat. During the negotiations the Blackfish stormed out because he didn’t agree with his brothers actions as Hoster has tried to force his brother to marry.

FROM AGOT Cat 6:

“Brynden Tully had always known how to listen … to anyone but her father. He was Lord Hoster's brother, younger by five years, but the two of them had been at war as far back as Catelyn could remember. During one of their louder quarrels, when Catelyn was eight, Lord Hoster had called Brynden "the black goat of the Tully flock." Laughing, Brynden had pointed out that the sigil of their house was a leaping trout, so he ought to be a black fish rather than a black goat, and from that day forward he had taken it as his personal emblem.

The war had not ended until the day she and Lysa had been wed. It was at their wedding feast that Brynden told his brother he was leaving Riverrun to serve Lysa and her new husband, the Lord of the Eyrie. Lord Hoster had not spoken his brother's name since, from what Edmure told her in his infrequent letters.”

He left Reiverrun because of this marriage. We also learn that when he returned from war of the 9 penny kings, Hoster arranged a match for him with House Redwyne. A very powerful and respected house. They would have become connected to the Tyrells- The queen of thorns was born a Redwyne....

We also cant discount this tidbit:

From AGOT Ned 2

The convo between Ned and Robert:

"Wylla. Yes." The king grinned. "She must have been a rare wench if she could make Lord Eddard Stark forget his honor, even for an hour. You never told me what she looked like …"

Ned's mouth tightened in anger. "Nor will I. Leave it be, Robert, for the love you say you bear me. I dishonored myself and I dishonored Catelyn, in the sight of gods and men."

"Gods have mercy, you scarcely knew Catelyn."

He says he “Dishonored” Dishonored being the past tense if he dishonored Cat in the past we immediately think Jon but Jon is in the past, present, and future. He would have said Dishonor if he was talking directly about Jon.

Ned also says he dishonors himself. How could have dishonored himself? Many men in Westeros fathered b------s, Robert chief among them and he was at the time arguably the most eligible bachelor in Westeros.

He dishonored himself because he took 2 wives. He married Ashara and then was forced to marry Cat. Hoster knew about this and still forced Ned’s hand.

In the sight of Gods and Men, directly relates to the faith. Ned and Cat were married in THE SEPT AT RIVERRUN not in front of a weirwood (or heart tree). In the North it is custom to marry in front of a Weirwood. Those who follow the 7 (Ned doesn’t) marry in a sept. Ned had no choice and dishonored himself by taking a second wife as Westeros would see his marriage to Cat valid even though it isn’t.

Jon is older then Robb...

And Ashara did not die that tragic death. She is most likely alive and is Septa Lemore

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. Tha_Goat

May 5, 2020
    Quiet Isle post incoming

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. Tha_Goat

May 6, 2020
    I don’t want this post to be a lengthy read about what the quiet isle is or why its important. I will gladly answer any questions you may have in regard to the Quiet Isle, but for the purpose of this post I am going to reveal the deity behind the Faith of the 7.

In AFFC Brienne bumps into the future High Septon. He is traveling with a wagon full of bones. He tells Brienne:

"The sparrow is the humblest and most common of birds, as we are the humblest and most common of men." The septon had a lean sharp face and a short beard, grizzled grey and brown. His thin hair was pulled back and knotted behind his head, and his feet were bare and black, gnarled and hard as tree roots. "These are the bones of holy men, murdered for their faith. They served the Seven even unto death. Some starved, some were tortured. Septs have been despoiled, maidens and mothers r---d by godless men and demon worshipers. Even silent sisters have been molested. Our Mother Above cries out in her anguish. It is time for all anointed knights to forsake their worldly masters and defend our Holy Faith. Come with us to the city, if you love the Seven."

When Cersei goes to visit the high septon the immense statue of Baelor the blessed was knee high deep in skulls. When Cersei demands an answer, one of the sparrows recites word for word the same thing that the High Septon told Brienne:

A one-legged man stepped forward, leaning on a wooden crutch. "Your Grace, these are the bones of holy men and women, murdered for their faith. Septons, septas, brothers brown and dun and green, sisters white and blue and grey. Some were hanged, some disemboweled. Septs have been despoiled, maidens and mothers r---d by godless men and demon worshipers. Even silent sisters have been molested. The Mother Above cries out in her anguish. We have brought their bones here from all over the realm, to bear witness to the agony of the Holy Faith."

Word for word the same exact response. Why? And why lie?

At this point in the story, the war of the 5 kings is over, Tommen is on the throne, Stannis in the north, Renly dead, Robb Stark dead, Balon Greyjoy (or any Greyjoy for that matter hasn’t made his or her move, Euron’ is about to seize power) The mountain and his scum are back in KL not ravaging the smallfolk. These are bones of all men, women, and children possibly accrued over years not just followers of the 7.

They’re lying because they’re trying solidify their position of power, Before the Targaryens came and conquered Westeros, the faith of the 7 was the most powerful institution in Westeros. I don’t want to go off track but this context needs to be noted.

According to the app, The Quiet Isle:

“The Quiet Isle- So named because of its Septry, where most of the brothers are sworn to silence- is found in the shallows near Saltpans, at the mouth of the Trident. Those who know the right path can walk to it at low tide and barely get wet. Led by the Elder Brother, the brothers of the Quiet Isle observe their holy silence and rituals and labor industriously in the name of the Smith. They also maintain cottages for women who are ill or with child, so that they can be attended and their children take in as orphans.”

Read the last sentence again. That means these fanatics, murder the women and keep the bones and the new born babe. They could have 1000’s of bones buried on the island or in the cave. And whose to say anything? All its inhabitants are religious fanatics who have taken a vow of silence (they’re permitted to speak 1 day in 7) but even if they did speak about this, who are they speaking to? Other fanatics who live the same life.

So where am I going with this? Was this really that important? Anyone who says “no, what a waste a time.” I ask you to re-read this sentence, “They also maintain cottages for women who are ill or with child, so that they can be attended and their children take in as orphans.” You cant be a orphan unless both of your parents are dead/missing. Clearly mommy wasn’t dead when she went to Quiet Isle...

So the point of this post? The faith of the 7 is a giant lie, they worship 1 god and it’s the god of death- THE WEIRWOOD TREES!

marshmallow likes this.
    marshmallow likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 6, 2020
    If you or anyone is looking for another decent fantasy series check out Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Third book coming soon.

It took me a bit to get into the first book but once I did it flew by. Super easy read.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. Tha_Goat

May 6, 2020

I’ll have to give that a read. Are they long like ASOIAF?

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 6, 2020
    I believe the first one is something like 800 pages and the second one is 1100 or so.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. Tha_Goat

May 6, 2020
    Ok so pretty long lol. I take you read ASOIAF N+A=J or R+L=J?

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024