Eminem Things Eminem need to stop doing to drop another classic album?

Started by Oldboy, Aug 2, 2018, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Aug 2, 2018
    This.

Its really hard to wrap my head around that. Any other rapper would love a alc beat, i mean he has even used denauns beats like a handful of times and he seems to be as close to him as he is with alc.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 2, 2018
    Honestly tho

'Pop features'
    'Rock beats'
    'Skylar hooks'
    'Rubin'

None of that matters as long as he does it good.

- He made 2 great songs w Sia and a solid single w rihanna
    - Some of his rock/rap songs are amazing
    - berzerk was gr8
    - inad was ok

If we get another mmlp2 level album its good enough for me because he cant do better.

Chlorasceptic and caterpillar were both solid btw

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Aug 2, 2018
    If he continues in the same direction he has this year with caterpillar and chloraseptic we will get a d--- near classic or atleast an album that feels the most eminemish

CHAMO and hargydon like this.
    CHAMO and hargydon like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. KWO

KWO That dude with the cancelled show avi

Aug 2, 2018
    A pet peeve I have with him is that I kind of wish he’d rap more about his present life instead of always bringing up his past

I get that it’s probably not as eventful but s--- man you gotta have something happening

Buddha, froboy6942, Like Home and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Aug 2, 2018
    Hook up with 50 and Dre

Buddha, Ids5621 and zuttn like this.
    Buddha, Ids5621 and zuttn like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Aug 2, 2018
    Better concepts, better production, less cringey lines. Work with the artists he signed (Conway and Westsidegunn). Don't rap like an android on m--- every track.

emanisbetter and hargydon like this.
    emanisbetter and hargydon like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 2, 2018
    Thats what made fine line good imo

Buddha, zuttn, emanisbetter and 2 others like this.
    Buddha, zuttn, emanisbetter and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. shadyslim555

Aug 2, 2018
    Alc smokes a weed heavy.

Em can’t be around drugs.

That’s my guess.

Like Home likes this.
    Like Home likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. RecentEminemFan

Aug 2, 2018
    He needs to stop caring about what critics and fans say about him and release the s--- he likes. He also needs to stop hanging with so many yes man and needs more people that give objective feedback.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. relapse 2

Aug 2, 2018
    he needs to stop putting filler and pop content on his albums

emanisbetter likes this.
    emanisbetter likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. RollieOnMyWrist

Aug 2, 2018
    he needs to stop rapping and retire

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. relapse 2

Aug 2, 2018
    he needs to drop the mr porter and rubin beats for dre beats and s1

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. Omen

Omen Trapdoor Chuck

Aug 2, 2018
    One of the few songs you can feel his emotions in these days

froboy6942 likes this.
    froboy6942 likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. David26

Aug 3, 2018
    At first em needs a coherent album, with a theme and a sound. Like sslp, mmlp, tes and relapse. No more diversity.

Less pop 2010 features (em! Its not 2010 anymore, recovery was great at that moment but bobby ray airplanes isnt a hit anymore!!)
    No more rick rubin
    No more skylar grey
    No more alex da kid

And better producers and a more love to his own lyrics, in mmlp2 and revival he has some good, very good ideas, but the problem is the execution. The artist is there but he needs better music and sounds. If i was his manager i would reach kanye west for main producer of his next project.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    hargydon, Buddha and Brubbels like this.
    hargydon, Buddha and Brubbels like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. KingZ

Aug 3, 2018
    It needs to be his final album.

Tes flow.

All he ever talks about now is fake women who dont exist and his addiction, why not talk about all the other s--- thats happened in the past 15 years? Why not sit back and reflect on your impact to the game and the success youve had and money youve made?

Produced by himself, dre and bass bros(?)

And it has to end with "Never gave a f---".

hargydon, Buddha, CHAMO and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Aug 3, 2018
    Prolly every producer he works with smokes, Em might one of the few in rap that doesnt.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. bucketkilla

Aug 3, 2018
    Proper Hip-Hop beats - No more aiming to be mainstream and sales (why would you care anyway at this stage in your career?)
    Story telling - We wanna hear content, Em was always at his best when he took you on a journey, whether it was fictional or not this is when he's at his best.
    Emotional - It's true, Em literally used to make your skin crawl with emotion when talking about certain things. But give us something new, talk about stuff you havnt talked about before maybe, Kim has been done to death.
    Lyrics - Dumb it down, forget trying too hard to be intricate and forcing words to fit together, multi-syllable crap... We want fairly easy listening, it shouldnt take several listenings to figure out what your saying only to find out its another toilet joke.

Done

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. PROUDEMINEMSTAN69

Aug 3, 2018
    stop chilling with rick rubin and f--- off with the pop

Alpha, hargydon, Buddha and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. shadyslim555

Aug 3, 2018
    nope.

Lets looks at his most recent relationships with producers.

Those he spends time in the studio with... Rick Rubin, Denuan, and who else?? These two don't smoke (Denuan is following ems healthy living guideline and has been for years) Rik is all about that Yoga and meditation.

The rest to my knowledge don't actually sit in the studio with him to create, they just be sending him beats over and Paul handpicks what HE likes the sound of first before filtering them through to em to pick from a bunch of pre-paul selected choices.

^ Number one problem there IMO. Why the f--- you making Paul your personal beat selector?? Since when has be been hip hops leading beat selector?? From what I can see work out, this is something that happened gradually too, in the latter stages of ems career, once Dre and them had less of an influence on em, once they starting going in different directions. How in the f--- you gonna become that hands off and that unapproachable that you wont even listen to your own beats to pick from????.... you gotta filter potential beats through your manager first to see which ones HE likes first. What in the f---?? Paul isn't rapping over them so why is he the first filter?? I'm sorry but that is the laziest s--- ever.

Em needs to get more involved in the creative process of these albums from start to finish rather than letting everyone else around him do all the groundwork and him just waltzing into a booth and laying some s--- down from the notepad. He's a stupid c---- really, because he talks bout trying to catch that 'lightening in the bottle twice' etc etc, makes it sound like he's desperately trying to re-create that magic etc.... but seems to be missing the biggest factors here. His approach towards making music has totally changed!! How can he not see this?? He revisits themes and lyrics.... but somehow doesn't realise that the biggest difference is that he isn't working closely with producers that he meshes well with anymore. His approach is just 'yo send me some beats'. I cant see how u can make quality material without being in the studio with your producer. Second to that there's no Dre and no Dre influence. Thirdly look at the Eminem show... 90 percent produced by em/bass brothers. Bass brothers = drug users (and apparently Paul hates their guts, their relationship as a collective is damaged beyond repair and they will NEVER be seen inn the studio together again). The last song they ever worked on together that we have heard= Beautiful. The bass brothers made Eminem's greatest beats hands down and their relationship with him in the studio was unrivalled (even including Dre). Proof is in the pudding... check the resume. They been responsible for the vast majority of his timeless material.

s--- they had to put Alk 20 foot in the air on a podium working the decks on the revival tour just so that he could smoke on stage and that em wouldn't get a whiff for f---s sake.

You could right a book about the issues with modern day EM and a list as long as your arm about the many reasons/theories as to exactly what's stopping him from making a good body of work in this day and age.

Seems em is extremely paranoid about being around any illicit substances whatsoever for fear of relapsing most probably, and to add to that he doesn't seem to want to be too involved with the beat selections and what not so I'm not surprised that he cant but together a cohesive body of work.

We're not gonna get a crisp consistent sounding album ever agin from em I fear unless drastic changes are made and he properly pulls his head from up outta his own a---.

The fact he seems to have wanted to take over his own social media/twitter/ ig accounts now all of a sudden after letting Paul run the s--- in the past gives me a small microscopic glimmer of hope, but that's literally all it is at this point.

hargydon and Jimelej like this.
    hargydon and Jimelej like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. sQuitter

Aug 3, 2018
    He needs to stop trying to please everyone and start doing what he is passionate about as opposed to what is expected of him.

With Revival he was like "some people want Slim Shady, some people want Marshall Mathers....so there's a little something for everyone". You don't make genuine music with that attitude.

hargydon, Buddha and shadyslim555 like this.
    hargydon, Buddha and shadyslim555 like this.
    Apr 19, 2024