This is probably gonna get shut down extremely fast but worth a shot.

Started by gavin, Mar 9, 2017, in Announcements Add to Reading List

1. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    If you look at my example you can see that I searched for the Keyword 'Download Music Daily' how ever I'm only trying to index for the following keywords.

HTML:
    <meta property="og:title" content="2Trilli | New Music Daily | Hip Hop Daily | Download Songs" />
    You can see that in no order does it equal the keyword I search for, it takes certain parts of the title portion and blends it with the kind of people who view your website, and pushes your ranking up depending on what it finds.

Now if after a couple of months if you're indexing for something like Download Music Daily but you're blogging about petting dogs eventually googles algorithm will see that users are leaving the page literally within minutes, this will cause your site to no longer be indexed for those keywords.

The actual Keywords meta portion of my site also does not contain those direct keywords.

HTML:
    <meta name="keywords" content="download, free, mp3s, albums, mixtapes, classics, hiphop, rap, r&b, pop, grime, stream, play, zip, music, tunes, tracks" />

Mar 29, 2024
  2. theg

theg got that pma

Mar 9, 2017
    d--- interesting

Ordinary Joel and gavin like this.
    Ordinary Joel and gavin like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Mar 9, 2017
    This would definitely take a lot of traffic away from the Music section if people use it properly. Which I dont think it will, there are probably a lot of people outside of the US that dont really know where some of the artists are from. The Music section would almost become an international sxn

gavin and Ordinary Joel like this.
    gavin and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    But with people like @Ordinary Joel who is really going to be allowed too slip up like that? Come on now.

I don't really know what kinda statistics the Music SXN is actually bringing how ever I know that right now in its current state I don't view almost anything unless it's on the sidebar just because half of it is just news about people I don't give a f--- about. The SXN's should be like recommended in the OP just for singles / projects from artist in those locations. The news should stay in the Music portion.

Ordinary Joel and Jakey like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Jakey like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Mar 9, 2017
    Nah you'd need wayyyy too many sxns it would get all political and s---

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    How so? Right now the way the artist are labeled it's the most main stream artist.

Why wouldn't you apply the same logic and place the most mainstream Geos like mentioned in the OP, if they're not generating new artist at least monthly what's the point in having them? Nobody gives a f--- about Ohio rappers, nobody gives a f--- about Australia rappers (shots @Coco) outside of Kerser, and all around nobody gives a f--- about half the geos outside of ATL, Chicago, Bay Area, and New York. Debate it if you like, you'd be wrong.

Mar 29, 2024
  7. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    Taking a more Non Dickhead approach to replying to this.

You could counter this with the same method they did the Off-Topic + NSFW sections.

Make the actual SXN's something like East Coast Artist, Mid West Artist, West Coast Artist etc etc within those actual Sxn's have different mini sections for the primary locations for music. This makes adding new Geo's extremely easy provided another location just pops up, like Louisana or some s---.

Mar 29, 2024
  8. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Mar 9, 2017
    because youd need at LEAST
    new york
    la
    chicago
    atl
    texas
    toronto
    london
    australia (melbourne, sydney)
    germany
    france
    russia
    sweden
    etc

and thats the minimum, idk i just dont think people care about regions that much i wouldnt neccsarily want the option if i had it like that i wouldnt only want to see artists from the locations i choose i want artists from everywhere idk if im misunderstanding your concept i kinda skimmed op but i just dont really see the value in it seeing as s80 is so small anyways i think being broad is more effective than cutting things up into more sxns

Mar 29, 2024
  9. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Mar 9, 2017
    take away sxns if anything last thing s80 needs is complicating things look at ktt, s--- is 10x more popular and is the absolute barebones a rap forum could be

Mar 29, 2024
  10. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    The forum currently doesn't even cater too any of those genres outside of the united states... you very rarely see something mentioned about Australia but it's usually in a @Papa Buff s--- post fiasco

Mar 29, 2024
  11. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Mar 9, 2017
    of course you do? tame impala is one of the biggest bands in the world what are you talking about nick cave put an amazing album out last year, courntey barnett is one of the biggest female singer/songwriters out rn, flume is huge, sia is one of the biggest artists in pop, king gizard are huge idk what you're talking about

london is a gigantic music scene you left out of op, so many artists are coming out of the UK and so another concern i have about this is; what if an artist comes out of england but not London do they still get put in the London sxn? idk i understand your thoughts in conceiving this as an idea i really dont think it would work unless s80 had like 50x the active users

Mar 29, 2024
  12. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    KTT in my opinion is extremely popular mostly because they don't have a like or dislike portion on the website at all. Some people get assurance coming back to a site and seeing likes, other peoples see it as a pissing contest. Over the past couple of years they've expanded extremely as well because once you're established marketing becomes so much easier.

You can't compare this forum to another forum in any retrospect because it's already established the way it is. I wouldn't mind removing the SXN's all together that would also be completely fine, I just want it to be easier to find s--- from people in geos I actually enjoy listening too. I would contribute literally every song from every artist in Chicago that I know of the second they release a new song, just because on SoundCloud I already have that intel being handed too me.

Just on here, I can't do that because discussion wise it would not work people who stan artist like Kendrick, Eminem, or other bs artist would instantly belittle the idea. This is another reason why KTT in my opinion is so successful because it doesn't cater to such political artist. Eminem is an extremely risky topic to mention to any hip-hop fan because they either f---ing hate him, or they don't.

Mar 29, 2024
  13. golddust

Mar 9, 2017
    al;ways thought the artist section was pretty pointless other than the j cole one cause they have their own community in there

Mar 29, 2024
  14. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Mar 9, 2017
    wellp okay thats fair i just think ktt's simplicity really works for them and adding more sxns feels like a good idea but realistically it just cuts up activity and traffic which is esp a hinderance for a smaller site like s80 imo we really dont need a migos sxn cus noones gives enough of a s--- to check it cause everyone already knows its dead but now you have all of a popular artist like migos' content being relegated to a dead sxn which hurts the site imo its only worth having sxns for artists that have an undeniable or cult like fanbase like a drake, kanye, even eminem

so with your idea of having geographical sxns you couldnt not have all of those areas if you had west coast and east coast because it just wouldnt be fair so then you're stuck in a situation like:

i love yung gud i dont want to have to click on a sweden sxn when i log in just to check for him uknow
    i just dont really see the point, music sxn doesnt get much traffic as it is idk why youd wanna divide it up like that but i respec the vision i guess

Mar 29, 2024
  15. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 9, 2017
    We will never index high enough for a word like that compared to the ones we using now

Also if that was the only reason i would agree to try to work with it...but we never wanna go that route since we tried it in sl amd rb and it always fail

Mar 29, 2024
  16. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Mar 9, 2017
    this would work if it didnt take posts away from music sxn and it just linked to thread and worked as away of categorising them like that but idk that sxns ccan work like that seems like they can only be in one space

Mar 29, 2024
  17. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 9, 2017
    Btw @Gavin we need to work out the keywords stuff in pm again

Im rly stuck on what i think best words to pick

Mar 29, 2024
  18. gavin

gavin albumdabster.com

Mar 9, 2017
    I would accept this argument if your current meta build on Section Eighty was at all effective and not presenting the data in which I've mentioned too you previously. However it's not even close too a successful build, this being said I'm still confident I could find a way for this to work and keep providing you with ideas until we reach a common understanding.

This thread has some positive feed back, so not everybody sees it as a bad idea, in fact I can't even see anyone who directly thinks it's ALL AROUND a bad idea. You've already branded the site with a political type feel with the artist SXN's might as well embrace it and go all the f--- out.

Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 9, 2017
    I think theres a way to flip this with keywords

I will pm u something today

Mar 29, 2024
  20. gavin