Serious Thoughts on astrological signs?

Started by Cyreides, Dec 8, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    Every once in awhile I get bored as s--- and take a google through some of it.

On the one hand, I think it's generally bs, but on the other after actually really digging into it, it's usually accurate as f--- down to a lot of very specific things I've learned about myself over the years (even though, I'm well aware that could and probably is my mind just validating what I want to believe about myself).

What do you all think about it? I'm not a spiritual person by any means, and I don't believe it really gives any real guidance in life, but I've always found it incredibly fascinating nonetheless.

My signs:
    Sun in: 18°25' Taurus
    Moon in: 26°10' Sagittarius
    AS in: 24°21' Scorpio
    MC in: 6°53' Virgo
    http://www.elbertwade.com/atlas.html

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Rebel★Che

Rebel★Che I'm The Fat Black Girl Half of the Ying Yang!

Dec 8, 2015
    All I know is my main sign is Pisces, all the moon, sun crap I do not know. I tried to look that up but never really knew how to

I was introduced into astrology when I was 10, and been intrested by it ever since actually. It's not 100% but it does get some stuff right sometimes. I don't think it was meant as guidance, but could be used to further learn who you are. I think it can make for a nice conversation piece, I love talking about this kind of stuff and I always say explore anything with an open mind.

I may add that the 12 zodiacs was claimed to be modeled after the 12 disciples of the bible, including the Roman and Greek gods they were named after. That's one of the reasons why these things intrigues me. So many stories and origins of these things people call 'bs' but I find it fascinating how people made these awesome stories and ideas out of constellations and or stars. (not counting the bible of course)

Apr 24, 2024
  3. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 8, 2015
    I think a lot of these sorts of things just state general personal struggles people can go through and so when people read them they think wow i can really relate to that

Music, tomroe93, Wreckless and 3 others like this.
    Music, tomroe93, Wreckless and 3 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Dec 8, 2015
    Eh it's fun.

But people take it way too seriously when it's complete bs.

Apr 24, 2024
  5. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    Try inputting your birth date/place into this
    http://www.elbertwade.com/atlas.html
    it'll tell you your sun/moon/ascendant/mid-heaven signs. you can google combinations for them as well

like this
    Originality and exotica are among your wide-ranging interests. You have difficulty finding things that hold your interest. Your indecisiveness includes nearly everything from a spouse or job. You are ready to leave for greener pastures the minute boredom sets in, and that usually happens fast. This, unfortunately, negatively impacts your goals. Both signs of this combination are spring signs, so you never lose your fresh and youthful appearance. Making the same mistakes repeatedly is often a pattern for you. You always have answer to an issue or quandary the moment it arises. The mixture here is of Gemini who has a logical, adaptable and witty character and a Taurus who is pragmatic, energetic and temporal. Very little goes unnoticed by you because you are very discerning and observant. The born detective in you can see a deceitful person almost right away. You search your environment out of a deep inner uneasiness. An assessment of your past actions would be a wise idea. Do not be governed by impulses of the moment, but rather base your decisions and behavior on what you have learned from the past. You are, in spite of being a Taurus, very expressive and do not hold in your emotions. Almost any area of endeavor would benefit from your numerous talents, which you can apply so realistically. Sigmund Freud, a Taurus Gemini combination, shows the ability to be a detective of sorts. His analytic ability is one you have as well, and consequently publishing, research or technological professions could be for you. Because you will probably have so many opportunities, your main concern might be on narrowing down your choices. You are a bit moody and somewhat belligerent in your relationships. You need a place to share your thoughts and emotions socially because communication is one of your basic outlets. You seem, on a more critical note, to be a little too aware of the macrocosm around you. You are also a bit of a troublemaker and faultfinder. It disturbs you if things do not hold up to careful examination because you are in search of perfection both in others as well as yourself. If you do not find it, you are critical, disenchanted and a bore. The Taurus Gemini combination is generally outgoing and has a vibrant nature that guarantees true popularity.

shahidah and Rebel★Che like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Dec 8, 2015
    This exactly. And people go outside with those 'predictions' in their minds. So if they run into something that sort of looks like it, they're like 'hey it's true!!'

When it says your going to have a financial succes or however it's said, you could win a million dollar.. but when you find a 10 dollar bill on the street a few days later it also applies.

gorealsteady and Mimi like this.
    gorealsteady and Mimi like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    I remember my Aunt use to always talk about it, but I never paid it any mind when I was younger. She doesn't say anything about it now, but I think part of me's always had an interest in it, I've just only recently started exploring it for some reason.

I've never actually talked to anyone about it though.

Apr 24, 2024
  8. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    I don't think I could give less of a f--- about horoscopes tho, that stuff is 100% bs.

Apr 24, 2024
  9. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 8, 2015

Who the f--- knows their time of birth. I don't even know if my day is legit with that s-----y a--- hospital I came out of

My mum said it was a muslim doctor who delivered me and he was smoking and slapped me to stop my crying

gorealsteady likes this.
    gorealsteady likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. threee

threee Rip

Dec 8, 2015
    Pretty sure it's not real. Like the other guys said, I'm almost certain that the majority of it is due to confirmation bias.

Also I'm Aquarius if I recall correctly

Ordinary Joel and Mimi like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Mimi like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  11. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    I've always known mine so eh

Rebel★Che and Mimi like this.
    Rebel★Che and Mimi like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  12. Thy

Thy 000000

Dec 8, 2015
    I don't like reading s--- like that.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Mimi

Mimi the art of doing nothing

Dec 8, 2015
    I used to be really into it. I had a friend, her and her girlfriend were massivly interested by it, books on the subject, they used to do tarot readings and all that jazz.
    While I do think some things apply to me (Aries) I know that any person could relate to it, depending on what they choose to make count for them.

Stupidly got an Aries sign tattooed on my wrist. Half regret it half don't as it is purple and small so most people don't notice it. But if you do notice, it does sort of look like fallopian tubes =/

Apr 24, 2024
  14. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    i'm so sorry for your loss :dead3:

Apr 24, 2024
  15. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Dec 8, 2015

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  16. threee

threee Rip

Dec 8, 2015
    Fallopian tubes are sexy
    :sick2:

Mimi and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mimi and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  17. threee

threee Rip

Dec 8, 2015
    Sorry that was too far

Mimi, Ordinary Joel and Rebel★Che like this.
    Mimi, Ordinary Joel and Rebel★Che like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  18. Rebel★Che

Dec 8, 2015
    Wow, I just put it in and my moon is in Capricorn and my mid is Scorpio Thank you!

threee and Cyreides like this.
    threee and Cyreides like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Dec 8, 2015
    @Rebel Che
    You are very conscious of your limitations like all Moon in Capricorn natives, but perhaps too much so. You brood instead of valuing your abilities, and think about your imperfections, even if they are imaginary; and they frequently are. You think of things you are unable to do rather than envisioning the wonderful things you can succeed at. Pisces-Capricorn has a fixed pessimism and cynicism, which is their curse. You have the very sophisticated depth to be successful in highly creative ventures, but your gloomy approach to life might restrain you. While you are a very sensitive person, you are more tuned into the depressing and miserable parts of life. The result is a melancholy and negative philosophy of life. Your unlimited Piscean imagination is imprisoned by a Capricorn inner nature that is careful and old-fashioned. While you show an image that is worldly and self-confident, you are actually not as confident as you appear. Beginning in your youth, you probably had to deal with a lot of fear and uncertainty. As you grew older, in order to balance your insecurity, you devoted much of your energy to your career. You will eventually become your own boss, or at the least go very far, through your resolve and determination. You will never be the dictator type regardless of how far your drives take you. In fact, kindness and sympathy are traits that Pisces-Capricorns are well known for. Your approach to love is unconventional. Capricorn coolness stops you from giving everything in a relationship, but you also want to be romantic and have that far-away look. Until you have found a person who makes you feel secure, it will be hard to have true intimacy. Your unusual situation will continue until that happens. You have to first understand how to love and appreciate yourself, of course, before true love is possible. In the end, it will happen for you and perhaps that hidden romantic can surface. An organized, conventional framework is where you work best. You still need to have structure in your life and work in spite of your independence and self-sufficiency. Especially in business matters you have an excellent intuitive awareness of people that is a big advantage. Being freer about your feelings is one thing you should learn. It is ok to open up and share them once in a while. When you keep in your resentments, frustrations, or tensions, depression often enters the picture.

Rebel★Che likes this.
    Rebel★Che likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  20. Rebel★Che

Dec 8, 2015
    I'd say this is quite accurate. for me and my specific situation anyway. That was an intriguing read

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024