Top Dawg Entertainment To Host Second Annual Holiday Toy Giveaway & Concert

Started by Ordinary Joel, Dec 21, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Dec 21, 2015
    Article Source: HipHopDX - http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36716/t...st-second-annual-holiday-toy-giveaway-concert

by VICTORIA HERNANDEZ on December 20th 2015

[​IMG]

Last year, the entire TDE roster performed at the free event.

Top Dawg Entertainment is set to host its second annual holiday toy giveaway and concert, the label announced via social media and its website.

The event is scheduled to take place from 12 to 4 p.m. PST Tuesday (December 22) at the Nickerson Gardens Projects in Watts, California. It is free and open to the public. The entire TDE roster is expected to perform.

"The event not only provides local children with the joys of the holiday season through free toys, shoes, food and more, it also allows them the unique opportunity to see their hometown heroes up close with a special free concert," a press release says.

Jay Rock grew up in Watts and dedicated this year's 90059 to his childhood home, naming the album after the same zip code the projects are located in.

Last year, TDE did the event for the first time. Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul,ScHoolboy Q, SZA and Isaiah Rashad performed and were in attendance as the local children received Christmas presents.

"Being one of those young boys raised in the Nickerson Gardens projects I felt it’s my duty to bring the show back home," CEO Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith said about last year's event. "Rather than just giving gifts for the holidays, I also wanted to bring something different and unique to my community."

The flier and social media posts for second annual Top Dawg Entertainment holiday toy giveaway and concert are below:
    [​IMG]

Xaos likes this.
    Xaos likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

Dec 21, 2015
    That's dope

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024